CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Anyone seen the sunset red leather in person??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS500
Anyone seen the sunset red leather in person??

I have seen you guys put the pic of CLS from the dealer. but I haven seen any red leather in real life. ANy one ordered that color??
Old 01-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Almost a Member!

CLS500
pic will be great if you guys have any?? I am still not sure what color of leather to go with the black exterior.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:00 PM

Haven't seen the sunset red in person, but my feeling is that it could get old quick - I personally would say cashmere beige or ash - either would look hot on black.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:12 PM
Almost a Member!

CLS500
so the red leather material is different than other color? or its just hard to maintain and keep it clean. I thought the lighter color will be hard to maintain.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by miaomiao
pic will be great if you guys have any?? I am still not sure what color of leather to go with the black exterior.
i think this is the red ur talking about.
personally i dont like it, but thats my taste.
i the last pic, does anyone know the color of that wood?
Attached Thumbnails Anyone seen the sunset red leather in person??-1108big.jpg   Anyone seen the sunset red leather in person??-1106big.jpg   Anyone seen the sunset red leather in person??-1107big.jpg   Anyone seen the sunset red leather in person??-1105big-2.jpg   Anyone seen the sunset red leather in person??-1109big.jpg  

Old 01-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I've said this a million times before, and I'll say it agian.

Black on black. It's great resale wise, you never get tired of it, and it looks fantastic.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
I've said this a million times before, and I'll say it agian.

Black on black. It's great resale wise, you never get tired of it, and it looks fantastic.
i think so too, but i dont use car washes and i dont have time to always clean my car. so iam thinking granite gray, b/c its still dark but not too dark or too light.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:26 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Nix on black or grey interiors for the CLS with matte wood

I saw the black interior at the dealer and have to say it makes the CLS look too much like any other Mercedes. This is a unique vehicle and cries out for the sunset red or cashmere beige as an interior color to match its style. Heck, the launch edition designo interior is stunning, but then you are stuck with the grey exterior. The huge expanse of wood on the dash is simply complimented best by the sunset red or cashmere beige. Now with the darker gloss wood a case can be made for the black or grey interior on the CLS. Look at it this way though, the CLS is Mercedes's answer to the Jaguar. Remember the last time you sat in a Jag with a black interior and how cramped that color made it feel.

In any event, if you go for black or grey interior consider seriously foregoing the matte wood which is not a match made in heaven.

Last edited by northbenz; 01-26-2005 at 03:39 AM.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:48 AM
ACL

2003 MB E320, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
I Agree....

I agree, cashmere or beige leather would look better in the CLS. I've always preferred darker leather interiors, but the cashemere leather should make the CLS' interior look more expansive, more wellcoming. I bet it should play better with the wood trim too.

I'm getting my car by April/May and have a few days to decide exterior and interior color. Too bad I have no chance to see a real-life CLS here. Mine will be the first in the country.

Regards,

ACL
Old 01-26-2005, 10:08 AM

2010 599 HGTE, 2009 LP560-4, 2010 Range Rover Sport SC
id have to disagree, the black with matte would looks great. the beige is too bland, the red will get old, and both appear to be lower class then the darker black interior. To each his own i guesss...
Old 01-26-2005, 12:41 PM

SL550
Originally Posted by adam76
id have to disagree, the black with matte would looks great. the beige is too bland, the red will get old, and both appear to be lower class then the darker black interior. To each his own i guesss...
I'm with Adam here...I really like the Charcoal interior with the darker matte wood and put my order in accordingly. Color choices are obviously a matter of personal preference, so it's easy to disregard comments about what looks better than another. I personally wouldn't want a car with the Sunset Red interior, but I have friends with red interiors in a Boxster and a 330CiC and neither would change their decision if they could. It's what looks better to YOU, and when you're spending $75K on a car and work hard to afford it like most of us here, you shouldn't make any compromises based on what others think or say.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL-500 (mine), Ferrari Spider convertible (was Husbands, mine now!)
MBUSA has really disapointed me by not having any samples availible to dealers of all the interior, exterior and wood choices. They expect people to order a $70k car based on photos on the internet??? In my opinion if you put a down payment on this car they should overnight FEDEX you a complete sample selection along with a brochure, which is still not availible here in Hawaii yet.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Natalie
MBUSA has really disapointed me by not having any samples availible to dealers of all the interior, exterior and wood choices. They expect people to order a $70k car based on photos on the internet??? In my opinion if you put a down payment on this car they should overnight FEDEX you a complete sample selection along with a brochure, which is still not availible here in Hawaii yet.
ur 100% right. if a was #1 on my dealers list wouldnt be able to pick any options based on pictures. i even saw the CLS500 and iam still going to wait for the 55 to make my choice.