CLS Coupe (C257) Discuss the CLS Coupe

Aftermarket tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 05:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CLS
Aftermarket tires

Anybody have suggestions on aftermarket tires? I'm due to replace mine after 25k miles. Feel like I should get longer wear time out of them.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Old 03-18-2021, 04:46 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 CLS 53
No real suggestions yet. Are you planning on ditching the run flats? I like the safety aspect of the run flat but I am more interested in a performance all season tire, just cold enough in NC that it would let me drive the car safely all year. Unfortunately can't find a run flat all season tire in these sizes. I don't like the idea of carrying tire foam and a pump, and a spare would use up most of the trunk. Most people rave about the Pilot Sports if you are interested in a performance summer tire, but I think you might get less mileage out of them (not sure about that). Let us know what your research finds.
The following users liked this post:
Reefer36 (03-21-2021)
Old 03-18-2021, 10:28 AM

Received 243 Likes on 155 Posts
'19 CLS53, '19 SL550, '22 GLE53
Vredestein Quatrac Pro

I am very pleased to have just replaced the 20" PZeros with Vredestein Quatrac Pro all-weathers from the Tire Rack. These are not run-flats but they are very highly rated and the ride quality is vastly improved. Here's the link:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...el=Quatrac+Pro

The following 2 users liked this post by slk55er:
narcolepticlee (04-21-2021), Reefer36 (03-21-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 10:24 AM

CLS
Originally Posted by ncdoc
No real suggestions yet. Are you planning on ditching the run flats? I like the safety aspect of the run flat but I am more interested in a performance all season tire, just cold enough in NC that it would let me drive the car safely all year. Unfortunately can't find a run flat all season tire in these sizes. I don't like the idea of carrying tire foam and a pump, and a spare would use up most of the trunk. Most people rave about the Pilot Sports if you are interested in a performance summer tire, but I think you might get less mileage out of them (not sure about that). Let us know what your research finds.
I'm in NC too so I was looking for run flats but I might ditch them for better tires.

I have heard rave reviews about the pilot sport.

I'll let you know what I come up with. I heard the continentals have some good tires as well.
The following users liked this post:
ncdoc (03-21-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 02:57 PM

2019 CLS 53
I had Pilot Sports on my Panamera. They were nicer than the Pirellis that were on it when I got it. Can't go wrong with them for a summer tire.
Old 03-21-2021, 03:01 PM

CLS
I had Pilot Sports on my Panamera. They were nicer than the Pirellis that were on it when I got it. Can't go wrong with them for a summer tire.
Yeah the pirellis are good I feel for top line performance call like the turbo S, 63S and Lambo type cars. Great grip but overall not so impressed.

I may give sports a try next and if I don't like them try continentals.

What tire did you out on panamera..my wife got one and she will be due for tires soon.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:47 PM

2019 CLS 53
Sorry so long to respond. They were actually the Pilot Sport Super Sports in 20". I like them better that the Pirellis it came with. Price very similar. Felt like maybe a little softer sidewall, but I never drove that car too hard.
Old 04-15-2021, 04:29 PM

CLS
Sorry so long to respond. They were actually the Pilot Sport Super Sports in 20". I like them better that the Pirellis it came with. Price very similar. Felt like maybe a little softer sidewall, but I never drove that car too hard.
Also as a follow up do you go to dealership for tires or other spots?
Old 04-17-2021, 09:35 AM

2019 CLS 53
I have used both the dealer and tire rack. Sometimes I am afraid to have tires installed at the box stores due to potential wheel damage, but I am not sure that dealerships do a much better job. I have found that the dealers will usually price match if you ask.