Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new AMG C63s will have same engines as GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by boilerup1998
I was thinking the same thing.....he drives a 458 Spider and is concerned about the price of the GTS?! I'm pretty sure that even a mildly optioned 458 Spider is the price of 2 GTS's!!
More--- my 458 (which I sold) was lightly optioned and was about 2 GTS's... and with all honesty I like driving the GTS more. Its just a more usable daily car that has immense performance as well. The 458 was more of an "Event" and while I was very proud to have one and still am with the FF, the GTS is quite a great car.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
ferrari 458 spider
Originally Posted by boilerup1998
I was thinking the same thing.....he drives a 458 Spider and is concerned about the price of the GTS?! I'm pretty sure that even a mildly optioned 458 Spider is the price of 2 GTS's!!
My 2013 458 spider had MSRP 337k and I sold it for 250k last month. I have a 2014 Range Rover Sport I daily drive. Why is all this so hard to believe? That I actually have a business brain and can see the C63s coupe is going to affect the exclusivity of the GTS? I'm just sharing my thoughts look at the other posts about slow sales of GTS and look at the BMW I8 forums they were selling for 10k over MSRP now 6 months later 10k off MSRP on brand new. They doubled production and are sitting on lots. That's another car I considered as well as the Mclaren 570s but I'm not taking a huge depreciation hit anymore on new.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:32 PM

Received 169 Likes on 110 Posts
19 X3, 24 Tacoma Trailhunter, 25 CLE53
I've driven both the C63S and the AMG GTS back to back. Both cars are good at their intended purpose, but I do think the $50k is justified.

Some differences that I'm aware:
1) Dry sump vs. wet sump
2) Four ceramic brakes vs. two
3) Rear weight bias vs. front bias
4) Front mid-engine vs. front over the axle engine
5) True DCT vs. an auto with a clutch plate in place of the torque converter
6) Racing suspension vs. Sport suspension
7) Proper seating position vs. upright
8) Sufficient width rear tires vs. undersized rear tires
9) Torque tube vs. conventional drive shaft
10) True AMG model with significant hands-on construction vs. AMG spec'd mainstream model built on the same assembly line as the C250
Old 11-01-2015, 09:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by dunderhi
I've driven both the C63S and the AMG GTS back to back. Both cars are good at their intended purpose, but I do think the $50k is justified.

1) Dry sump vs. wet sump
6) Racing suspension vs. Sport suspension
8) Sufficient width rear tires vs. undersized rear tires
9) Torque tube vs. conventional drive shaft
10) True AMG model with significant hands-on construction vs. AMG spec'd mainstream model built on the same assembly line as the C250
Great post was just going to make something similar. Those differences highlight a completely different dynamic car. The dry sump lowers the engine which considerably lowers center of gravity, rear weight distribution on rear wheel drives cars is ideal and is a massive advantage versus a front heavy rwd car like the c63s dynamically and grip levels, the front mid engine with almost all the engine weight behind the front axles gives huge advantage to turn in and agility/balance, the dct is on another level vs the MCT giving telepathic response to the gearbox making the car so much more enjoyable being able to control the power band precisely and keeping boost in between shifts since acceleration is never stopped, the carbon fiber driveshaft gives sharper throttle response vs the steel driveshaft in the c63s while also making it more efficient and having less drivetrain loss resulting in more power to the wheels, the suspension is self explanatory giving much better control, the car is much lighter with significantly lower center of gravity, wider/lower size dimensions etc etc. Its not even close the GT-S is a proper ground up sports car made for one purpose not a pumped up regular production C class. This guy is really reaching don't feed the troll
Old 11-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,465 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Lol, it's the OP's opinion or the highway, this is not a reciprocal conversation, he is right and everyone else is a lemming
Old 11-03-2015, 03:43 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
ferrari 458 spider
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Lol, it's the OP's opinion or the highway, this is not a reciprocal conversation, he is right and everyone else is a lemming
you guys have some serious confidence issues

i just don't like brands devaluing flagship models by incorporating same tech into lower models, and if they do do it then there needs to be a logical financial justification

in this case the C63s coupe and GTS pricing is out of whack. i gave examples to support my claim. that's it all.

only the last posts that list specific differences have been helpful and i thank those posters.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon
I look at the new C63 coupe and think that it will cost ~$90k+ well optioned and out the door (my 2014 C63 coupe was $87k) so I look at a $135-140k GTS as a steal. I'd gladly pay the premium for the GTS over the new C63 coupe.

The SLS's M159 and W204 C63 M156 were nearly identical engines and the SLS was $200k, while the C63 was $70k.

I think the GTS is well priced for the performance.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,465 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by unpollo2
you guys have some serious confidence issues

i just don't like brands devaluing flagship models by incorporating same tech into lower models, and if they do do it then there needs to be a logical financial justification

in this case the C63s coupe and GTS pricing is out of whack. i gave examples to support my claim. that's it all.

only the last posts that list specific differences have been helpful and i thank those posters.
Confidence issues? You don't know me personally and I don't know you, we are just reading and typing words on a computer

Most of the last few posts contain info that has already been posted, you had been asked to review the previous posts and insisted on earlier assertions you made regarding identical suspensions and engines and the Ferrari pricing structure. With all due respect I feel that all the differentiation was stated in all the earlier posts

Post pics of your pre driven gts once you get one and enjoy, I'm sure you'll love it, cheers

Last edited by PeterUbers; 11-03-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 308 Likes on 197 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Originally Posted by dunderhi

1) Dry sump vs. wet sump
6) Racing suspension TRUE DOUBLE WISHBONE vs. Sport suspension multilink
8) Sufficient width rear tires fronts are the same size as the c63 rears vs. undersized rear tires
9) Torque tube WITH CARBON FIBER DRIVESHAFT vs. conventional drive shaft
11) hydraulic steering vs electric steering
12) 2dr sports car vs 2dr coupe/4dr sedan

Let me de-rail this thread....
So i think porsches are overpriced. Particularly the 991's. I mean they all look the same and have 6 cylinders. 80k$ base price all the way to 200k$+ only difference i see in them is some are awd, some are turbo, some have wings and some dont. What a rip. Porsches are stupid and arent marketing cars properly. They are still building cars that have looked like the same 911 from 50yrs ago. What a waste. I'd rather just get a used boxter they have engines in the back, look the same and 6 cylinders too.

Last edited by roadtalontsi; 11-04-2015 at 10:54 PM.