Sponsored by:

Tracking GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 10:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'16 AMG GT S, '16 ML400. '11 SCCA T1 Z06
Tracking GTS

First post here....just took delivery of a new GTS. Has anyone on the forum regularly tracked their GTS? For those who have, is there a track prep protocol from AMG; alignment, cooling, lubricants, etc.?

Is there a specific prep for the CCB's? My previous track car, a 'Vette C6 Z06 with CCB's had a very detailed evolution for bedding the pads. I don't see anything in the AMG owner's manual about that. Nor any other info about tracking the car generally. A bit strange to me; the 'Vette owner's manual has paragraphs devoted to track prep.

Also, is the rear shock-tower brace in the GTS suitable/safe to use to anchor 5-pt. race belts? My initial impression is that it's too high relative to the seat back to get a safe angle on the over-the-shoulder belts. But I may be wrong. It certainly would be convenient if it could be used as the anchor.

Thanks for any info folks [I did a forum search but didn't come up with much].

Robin
Old 09-18-2016, 05:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2004 911 gt3
[QUOTE=rsalco;6917110]
First post here....just took delivery of a new GTS. Has anyone on the forum regularly tracked their GTS? For those who have, is there a track prep protocol from AMG; alignment, cooling, lubricants, etc.?

Is there a specific prep for the CCB's? My previous track car, a 'Vette C6 Z06 with CCB's had a very detailed evolution for bedding the pads. I don't see anything in the AMG owner's manual about that. Nor any other info about tracking the car generally. A bit strange to me; the 'Vette owner's manual has paragraphs devoted to track prep.

Also, is the rear shock-tower brace in the GTS suitable/safe to use to anchor 5-pt. race belts? My initial impression is that it's too high relative to the seat back to get a safe angle on the over-the-shoulder belts. But I may be wrong. It certainly would be convenient if it could be used as the anchor.

Thanks for any info folks [I did a forum search but didn't come up with much].

Robin
[/QUOTE

Track prep is same as in any other track car. Go over before and after. Change fluids often ( @8hours of tt).
Bleed brakes and use Castrol SRF or similar.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
Dealer castro srf

I just started tracking my 2016 GTS. I want to switch the brake fluid to Castro SRF. Dealer states they will do it if I purchased the fluid but I will need to sign a waiver releasing them from any damage to any of the brake components in future/warranty. Obviously I did not do it at MB , but will likely seek an outside mechanic. Based on what I've read it is safe to do the switch. Given all the ESP controls , adaptive comtrols , etc. would I damage anything from the switch. Please give me advice.ANY PRECAUTIONS I NEED TO know or need to tell my mechanic.
Thanks
Old 07-30-2017, 08:32 AM

2016 AMG GTS
Dealer castro srf

I just started tracking my 2016 GTS. I want to switch the brake fluid to Castro SRF. Dealer states they will do it if I purchased the fluid but I will need to sign a waiver releasing them from any damage to any of the brake components in future/warranty. Obviously I did not do it at MB , but will likely seek an outside mechanic. Based on what I've read it is safe to do the switch. Given all the ESP controls , adaptive comtrols , etc. would I damage anything from the switch. Please give me advice.ANY PRECAUTIONS I NEED TO know or need to tell my mechanic.
Thanks
Old 07-30-2017, 12:16 PM

2004 911 gt3
Originally Posted by Stevie g
Thanks
No harm .
Only firm brake pedal to abuse:-)
Old 07-30-2017, 12:18 PM

2016 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by MStach
No harm .
Only firm brake pedal to abuse:-)
Old 07-30-2017, 12:20 PM

2016 AMG GTS
Tracking GTS

Will do. Thx
would you know how many liters I need to buy for full replacement ?
Old 07-30-2017, 12:25 PM

2004 911 gt3
Originally Posted by Stevie g
Will do. Thx
would you know how many liters I need to buy for full replacement ?
You will need about 1.5 liters.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:34 PM

2016 AMG GTS
Great. Appreciate the info