Sponsored by:

2016 or 2017 GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 03:18 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
?
2016 or 2017 GTS

So I am looking at either a 16 or 17 GTS which year would you go and what package is a must?
I have an 15 E63s wagon and really do not like the transmission.
AMG Aerodynamic Package
AMG Dynamic Plus Package
Distronic Plus

Plus what else?
Thank you!
Astolfo
Old 10-09-2016, 03:55 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 GTS, 2017 S550 Cabriolet, 2015 911Turbo S 2016Q5, 2008 Z06
I am looking to invest my entire savings and thought I would ask someone on the internet what I should do. What say you Alfonso? Stocks, bonds, gold, or maybe an annuity? Buy another Ford Fusion Alfonso.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 700 Likes on 533 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by Astolfo
So I am looking at either a 16 or 17 GTS which year would you go and what package is a must?
I have an 15 E63s wagon and really do not like the transmission.
AMG Aerodynamic Package
AMG Dynamic Plus Package
Distronic Plus

Plus what else?
Thank you!
Astolfo

Haha. You don't like the tranny in your wagon ?

Well then we have to correct this. It will have to be a 17 as AERO was only a first edition option, although you could order Aero parts and install on a 16.

For 20 large less I would go with a 17 GT.... only option you can't get is Dynamic plus but I won't be tracking this car.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Originally Posted by cec69
I am looking to invest my entire savings and thought I would ask someone on the internet what I should do. What say you Alfonso? Stocks, bonds, gold, or maybe an annuity? Buy another Ford Fusion Alfonso.

Definitely an Annuity...
Old 10-09-2016, 04:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Either year is good..a must have in my opinion is the Amg dynamic as it gives you that extra boost near redline and the yellow gauges look nice..but otherwise gts come pretty good equipped
Old 10-09-2016, 04:05 PM

?
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Haha. You don't like the tranny in your wagon ?

Well then we have to correct this. It will have to be a 17 as AERO was only a first edition option, although you could order Aero parts and install on a 16.

For 20 large less I would go with a 17 GT.... only option you can't get is Dynamic plus but I won't be tracking this car.
Sorry mate... no I do not like the transmission/gear box way to laggy and hesitant plus the jerky starts are supper annoying
I will go and test the gts tomorrow and yes I was hoping to get some opinions on the additional packages for daily driver and occasional track day.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:07 PM

?
Originally Posted by cec69
no I will not be investing my life savings
Old 10-09-2016, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Originally Posted by sheerk
Either year is good..a must have in my opinion is the Amg dynamic as it gives you that extra boost near redline and the yellow gauges look nice..but otherwise gts come pretty good equipped
An extra boost? Want an extra boost, forget about the redline and get A TUNE.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:13 PM

I'm talking stock bro..original question was factory options....aftermarket of course brings plenty of choices
An extra boost? Want an extra boost, forget about the redline and get A TUNE.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Originally Posted by sheerk
I'm talking stock bro..original question was factory options....aftermarket of course brings plenty of choices
Yes bro....but it's the Elephant in the room eh????
Old 10-09-2016, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
I would buy a 17 if possible as hopefully first year issues are behind.
the DCT is clearly on upgrade over the MCT. I had a CLS and the DCT is about as close as you going to get to the PDK. You won't be disappointed.
I do not see the point of dynamic + package unless you are a serious track rat.
If you OK with tinkering your car, then get a GT and tune it. This will save you about $12K.
the exhaust upgrade is a must.
If you do not like chrome then get the night package.
The glass roof definitely makes the interior feel roomier.
I also think the adaptive suspension makes a difference and the difference between comfort and hardest setting is clearly noticeable.
Post pics when you get one.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:26 AM

Yes bro....but it's the Elephant in the room eh????
there are some people who don't want the elephant...I.e like to keep car stock...to each their own..cheers
Old 10-10-2016, 08:38 AM

?
Originally Posted by emericr
I would buy a 17 if possible as hopefully first year issues are behind.
the DCT is clearly on upgrade over the MCT. I had a CLS and the DCT is about as close as you going to get to the PDK. You won't be disappointed.
I do not see the point of dynamic + package unless you are a serious track rat.
If you OK with tinkering your car, then get a GT and tune it. This will save you about $12K.
the exhaust upgrade is a must.
If you do not like chrome then get the night package.
The glass roof definitely makes the interior feel roomier.
I also think the adaptive suspension makes a difference and the difference between comfort and hardest setting is clearly noticeable.
Post pics when you get one.
will do I will stop at the dealer today there is a 17 in blue and a 16 in silver similarly equipped and priced
this time will take my time and see... looking at the Alpha Romeo too🤔
Old 10-10-2016, 10:10 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
will do I will stop at the dealer today there is a 17 in blue and a 16 in silver similarly equipped and priced
this time will take my time and see... looking at the Alpha Romeo too🤔
If you care about depreciation go with the 17 unless they are going to give you a great deal on the 16. Also, you may have far less issues with the 17 over the 16. Cars are under warranty, but still a pain in the *** having your car sit at the dealer waiting for parts to fix.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:58 AM

?
Originally Posted by Td33
If you care about depreciation go with the 17 unless they are going to give you a great deal on the 16. Also, you may have far less issues with the 17 over the 16. Cars are under warranty, but still a pain in the *** having your car sit at the dealer waiting for parts to fix.

Thank you Td33 this makes sense going to the dealer is a huge pain. It just drives me out of my mind going to a dealer to fix something they know it is a problem.
At least Mercedes Benz of Seattle does not recognize that if I am not working I am not making $, if I do not make money I can't spend it on cars and telling a customer that spends over $200k in a year on cars at their dealership to wait for 2 hours because they do not give loaners for a service A is just not wise.
I will try Mercedes Benz of Bellevue today.

Is there much lag on the shifting-starting from stop (red light/stop sign or bumper to bumper traffic) on the GTS in C? no I do not drive in S or S+ on high traffic
Old 10-11-2016, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 356 Likes on 202 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
Is there much lag on the shifting-starting from stop (red light/stop sign or bumper to bumper traffic) on the GTS in C? no I do not drive in S or S+ on high traffic
I don't find any lag in red light/stop sign or bumper to bumper driving unless I've been in C for a while and put my foot down quickly. Then it takes a second sometimes to figure out how radical I want to be. Nothing awkward for me.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 538 Likes on 337 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Thank you Td33 this makes sense going to the dealer is a huge pain. It just drives me out of my mind going to a dealer to fix something they know it is a problem.
At least Mercedes Benz of Seattle does not recognize that if I am not working I am not making $, if I do not make money I can't spend it on cars and telling a customer that spends over $200k in a year on cars at their dealership to wait for 2 hours because they do not give loaners for a service A is just not wise.
I will try Mercedes Benz of Bellevue today.

A few clairification points;

1. Unless you ge a real nice discount on a 2017, your better buy is the 2016 since the dealer wants to get them off of his lot. Do your homework and like several here you can turn up a great car at a terriffic price.

2. BOTH the 2017 and the 2016 use essentially the same parts, and carry the same 4 year warranty. So if you have to wait for a part on one you will on the other.

FWIW: I have a thread for GTS PROBLEMS AND ISSUES--OWNER POSTS ONLY over on the PL. There haven't been any new postings in at least 2 months. To the best of my knowledge, virtually ALL of the initial problems have been, identified, documented and resolved.

3. Unless the problem you run into is very serious or life threatening, wait until you have a couple, make a appointment and get everything fixed at once.

4. The issue of getting a loaner from your dealer is troubling. I would take this issue up with the dealership management NOT the service management.

I hope this information helps you in your decision.

Regards

Last edited by JSwan724; 10-13-2016 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:47 PM

?
[QUOTE=JSwan724;6939228]A few clairification points;

1. Unless you ge a real nice discount on a 2017, your better buy is the 2016 since the dealer wants to get them off of his lot. Do your homework and like several here you can turn up a great car at a terriffic price.

2. BOTH the 2017 and the 2016 use essentially the same parts, and carry the same 4 year warranty. So if you have to wait for a part on one you will on the other.

FWIW: I have a thread for GTS PROBLEMS AND ISSUES--OWNER POSTS ONLY over on the PL. There hasen't been any new postings in at least 2 months. To the best of my knowldge, virtually ALL of the initial problems have been, identified, documented and resolved.

3. Unless the problem you run into is very serious or life threatening, wait until you have a couple, make a appointment and get everything fixed at once.

4. The issue of fetting a loaner from you dealer is troubling. I would take this issue up with the dealership management NOT the service management.

Regards[/QUOTE
Thanks!

I found a dealer with a few 2016 and 2017. none of the have the fix spoiler, then some of them have the dynamic plus and some don't.

Anyone here can get wholesale pricing?

I could provide the VINs

Thank you
Old 10-11-2016, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
[QUOTE=Astolfo;6939271]
Originally Posted by JSwan724
A few clairification points;

FWIW: I have a thread for GTS PROBLEMS AND ISSUES--OWNER POSTS ONLY over on the PL. There hasen't been any new postings in at least 2 months. To the best of my knowldge, virtually ALL of the initial problems have been, identified, documented and resolved.

4. The issue of fetting a loaner from you dealer is troubling. I would take this issue up with the dealership management NOT the service management.

Regards[/QUOTE
Thanks!

I found a dealer with a few 2016 and 2017. none of the have the fix spoiler, then some of them have the dynamic plus and some don't.

Anyone here can get wholesale pricing?

I could provide the VINs

Thank you
It probably would be helpful if you could tell us all where you are..... it's a big internet and a bigger world....
Old 10-11-2016, 09:03 PM

?
[QUOTE=AMG 17GT;6939285]

It probably would be helpful if you could tell us all where you are..... it's a big internet and a bigger world....
I live in Seattle, but looking at cars in California, Nevada, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Montana and Idaho. I travel for work quite a bit...