Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 04:44 AM
SM1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GTS Edition 1
Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1

Hi
I am looking at buying an AMG GTS, should I spend the extra for an edition 1
I prefer the look with the fixed rear wing and I am planning on keeping it for around 3 years so the question is will it hold its value better?
Thanks

Steve
Old 05-03-2017, 03:12 PM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
2016 AMG GTS ED1, 2013 C63 P31 Coupe
I ended up nabbing an ED1 myself. The thought process is that since it's limited production and the only one outside of the GTR to have the CF roof, that it'll hold value a bit better. With that said, don't expect SLS resale values

Last edited by sonystyle02; 05-03-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 701 Likes on 534 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by SM1
Hi
I am looking at buying an AMG GTS, should I spend the extra for an edition 1
I prefer the look with the fixed rear wing and I am planning on keeping it for around 3 years so the question is will it hold its value better?
Thanks

Steve
You want wings and resale ? Buy a basic GTR.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:21 AM
SM1

Mercedes GTS Edition 1
Hi I am currently looking at two edition 1 cars one in white and the other in silver, I prefer the silver but my wife likes the white! In the past I have bought cars that looses shed loads of money so it would be nice to have something that will hold a little more value. I would expect the value of the Edition 1 cars to drop but because there are only 35 in the UK I cant see them ever going below £95,000? but i may be way off the mark, opinions on values would be appreciated. I did look at a SLS about 3 years ago I am now kicking myself.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:26 AM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
S63 , AMG GTC '18
With the GT C , GT C Edition 50, GTRs and clearly other limited series coming up such as Black Series, I doubt the current Edition 1 will hold its value that well. As suggested, a basic GTR will probably hold its value better than decked GT/GTS.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:45 AM
SM1

Mercedes GTS Edition 1
Yes I would agree with your comments, however my original budget was £90,000 but I have decided to put another £20,000 in the pot for a Edition 1 I would prefer a GTR but my funds wont stretch. The question is buy paying more now do I loose less over 3 years than buying a standard GTS for £90,000? How far down do you think these cars will go in value?
Old 05-04-2017, 04:02 AM

S63 , AMG GTC '18
Personally I don't think the Edition 1 is that exclusive, wasn't that a Package anyone could add to the configurator? I'm guessing the 2 cars you're looking at don't have the new facelift?

Because once the market gets flooded with the new facelift, the pre-2017 models will be looked at like "the old version".

Given the budget, I wouldn't make the "Edition 1" the priority, I think any well optioned GTS will be a good choice. As for color, you can't go wrong with Silver and statistics say that Silver and Black are the colors holding the best value since they're easier to resell.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:34 AM

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G63 & 991.2 GT3 & AMG GT
Originally Posted by mvb3
Personally I don't think the Edition 1 is that exclusive, wasn't that a Package anyone could add to the configurator? I'm guessing the 2 cars you're looking at don't have the new facelift?

Because once the market gets flooded with the new facelift, the pre-2017 models will be looked at like "the old version".

Given the budget, I wouldn't make the "Edition 1" the priority, I think any well optioned GTS will be a good choice. As for color, you can't go wrong with Silver and statistics say that Silver and Black are the colors holding the best value since they're easier to resell.
Pretty sound summary.

The Ed1 packages are offered for a limited period of time, as a tickable option .... 15-months on the new E63S for example, as a marketing introduction boost.

If it was my money, I would get the newest car I could GT or GTS ..... even though mvb3 is all emperors new cloths for GTS

Just get the colour combo in/outside you want and essential options covered, but TBH, I think you'll pickup a pre-reg GT for close to £90k, as facelift build doesn't start until July.

Also, the new bumper is just MY changes, as apparently what MB call a facelift in end of 2018.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:39 AM

S63 , AMG GTC '18
Originally Posted by xbox
If it was my money, I would get the newest car I could GT or GTS ..... even though mvb3 is all emperors new cloths for GTS
Is it that obvious?
Old 05-04-2017, 06:55 AM

G63 & 991.2 GT3 & AMG GT
Originally Posted by mvb3
Is it that obvious?
Yes.... but now your armrest is undeniably prettier
Old 05-04-2017, 07:11 AM
SM1

Mercedes GTS Edition 1
Yes interesting all food for thought, I think some of the dealers at the moment are trying to make the most of the edition 1
I have seen one in sliver with 3,000 miles advertised for £130,000 and another one in a different dealership in White with the same mileage for £110,000 arguably the latter is still over the top!
I do like the spec on the Edition 1 especially the fixed wing it just makes the car in my opinion look better balanced, so if I can get one for the right price.

I am not desperate to buy for the next 3/4 Months so maybe better to wait and get on at a more realistic price. That's if I can wait!!
Old 05-04-2017, 07:20 AM

G63 & 991.2 GT3 & AMG GT
Originally Posted by SM1
Yes interesting all food for thought, I think some of the dealers at the moment are trying to make the most of the edition 1
I have seen one in sliver with 3,000 miles advertised for £130,000 and another one in a different dealership in White with the same mileage for £110,000 arguably the latter is still over the top!
I do like the spec on the Edition 1 especially the fixed wing it just makes the car in my opinion look better balanced, so if I can get one for the right price.

I am not desperate to buy for the next 3/4 Months so maybe better to wait and get on at a more realistic price. That's if I can wait!!
Aero Pack gets you the same body kit and wing - main visual difference with Ed1 is the CF roof and slightly darker wheels.

I would wage that you'll see some loaded stock cars coming with Aero Pack, by way of factory incentives for pre MY change.

And TBH, unless your going black, the new grill doesn't necessarily flick everyones switch...... my agent had me moaning for the new grill and then 2-others moaning for a pre build slot, which they couldn't get
Old 05-04-2017, 07:20 AM

S63 , AMG GTC '18
The fixed wing is part of the AMG Aerodynamic Package, it's not exclusive to the Edition 1 (however the "Edition 1" writing on the steering wheel, carbon roof and aluminum shift pedals are). The bonus for picking the Edition 1 is that it's a guarantee that the interior is the very best option available at the time.
If your priority is "GTS with a fixed wing", then any GTS with AMG Aerodynamic Package would work.
I'm not sure that Silver is worth 20k more than White lol, I'd take the White and wrap it if I couldn't possibly stand the color.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:39 AM
SM1

Mercedes GTS Edition 1
Hi haven't seen any for sale with the aerodynamic package so maybe worth waiting to see what comes along in the next couple of Months, my wife loves the white but the perfect colour is silver. The last thing I want to do is buy an Edition 1 at a premium only to find it looses the most value.