Eurocharged Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2019 | 03:46 PM

2022 Aston Martin Vantage 007 Edition
Eurocharged Tune

I am having the Eurocharged tune installed on my 2016 AMG GTS this week. It puts down around 40 more hp than the Renntech tune and is a lot cheaper. Is anyone running the Eurocharged tune? I am doing 1 step colder plugs with that tune as well. How does it run? Any 0-60 or 1/4 mile times with the Eurocharged tune?

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2019 | 05:56 PM

AMG GTS
I got the stage one tune about 6 months ago ... the amount of power from 2,000 rpms up is VERY noticeable!
Old 08-10-2019 | 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by SuperSid
I got the stage one tune about 6 months ago ... the amount of power from 2,000 rpms up is VERY noticeable!
Did you go with one step colder plugs? Any issues? Check engine lights? Limp mode?
Old 08-10-2019 | 09:28 PM

AMG GTS
Just the tune ... I have had no engine light on ...or any thing else that worries me so far...I am loving the extra power.
The following users liked this post:
ArabianOak (08-10-2019)
Old 08-11-2019 | 06:32 PM

Designo White AMG GTS
All the tunes make nearly the same hp. The advertised numbers are different/open to interpretation.

I've had the Eurocharged tune for more than three years. Stock plugs. No problems.
ArabianOak (08-11-2019)
Old 08-12-2019 | 05:43 PM

amg gt s , supercharged c6 g.s corvette
Any quarter mile times6Other than you tube has anyone here actually gone out and done a pass ?
Old 08-12-2019 | 05:53 PM

AMG GT-R
I'm thinking about running a canned tune either from Renntech or Eurocharged along with a JB4 simply to control boost by gear in the first 1-3 gears. Anyone else try this or consider it? I know from reading traction is the biggest issue with adding power to this platform, so if I can use the JB4 to keep the boost stock in 1st and 2nd gear, or maybe even lower it lower than stock in 1st gear, that might help the car jump off the line and out of corners better?
Old 08-12-2019 | 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by nrgy
I'm thinking about running a canned tune either from Renntech or Eurocharged along with a JB4 simply to control boost by gear in the first 1-3 gears. Anyone else try this or consider it? I know from reading traction is the biggest issue with adding power to this platform, so if I can use the JB4 to keep the boost stock in 1st and 2nd gear, or maybe even lower it lower than stock in 1st gear, that might help the car jump off the line and out of corners better?

Would probably be less hassle to just get better/wider tires, than to try and mess with the JB4.
x96535 (04-17-2020)
Old 08-12-2019 | 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by nrgy
So the drivetrain and electronics, (the LC feature) have been optimised by some rather intelligent German engineers to be able produce the fastest 0-60 mph times, etc as well as being able to tolerate the factory torque in the lower gears. Hence I’m not sure why you think the car would be faster, or less at risk of breaking something? by reducing torque in the lower gears below the OEM settings?
Old 08-12-2019 | 07:01 PM

^^Simple answer is YES!

Boost by gear is used in a bunch of high power cars. Ive had it in fully built GTR, Big power 67 Nova, etc...Will also be having that on my TT Aventador...So yes it does happen. It has nothing to do with intelligent engineers, rather more about surface your battling traction with.

On another note, if warranty is concerned I would go with Renntech just due to most dealers supporting there parts...
Old 08-12-2019 | 07:04 PM

AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by thebishman
So the drivetrain and electronics, (the LC feature) have been optimised by some rather intelligent German engineers to be able produce the fastest 0-60 mph times, etc as well as being able to tolerate the factory torque in the lower gears. Hence I’m not sure why you think the car would be faster, or less at risk of breaking something? by reducing torque in the lower gears below the OEM settings?
Yeah you make very valid points and I imagine it is optimized to achieve the best results already. Sometimes I can’t leave well enough alone and I get the itch to tinker. I guess I was thinking to simply have more leeway with the boost settings to customize to the current conditions if traction were an issue.
Old 08-12-2019 | 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by will175
On another note, if warranty is concerned I would go with Renntech just due to most dealers supporting there parts...
This is false. A Renntech tune will flag your car just the same as any other, you just pay double for it.
x96535 (04-17-2020)
Old 08-12-2019 | 07:42 PM

AMG GT-R
^^Simple answer is YES!

Boost by gear is used in a bunch of high power cars. Ive had it in fully built GTR, Big power 67 Nova, etc...Will also be having that on my TT Aventador...So yes it does happen. It has nothing to do with intelligent engineers, rather more about surface your battling traction with.

Thanks will! Yeah it’s not my first time dealing with traction issues in high powered cars. I have a S/C LP570 and I wish I had this feature...it would make launching so much quicker or at least less prone to user error by getting too anxious with the right foot which admittedly is the bigger issue. Your TT Aventador should be much more enjoyable with this feature I imagine!

I agree I certainly don’t claim to be smarter than the Mercedes engineers but they obviously have to take into consideration all driving conditions and drivers. From what I’m seeing the GTR still spins off the line with launch control even at stock boost levels. If you dial some of that out and make up for it on the back end I’m thinking in theory that could make for a quicker car. Or maybe it turns into a slug, but that’s part of the adventure of fine tuning these beasts...for some.
Old 08-12-2019 | 09:27 PM

AMG GTS
I had traction problems with the stock 20 inch 295's on the rear of my GTS . I put a new set of Michelin Ps4 265 20's on the front and 21's Ps4 325 on the rear . I have a Eurocharge on the car. The car has much more traction and looks and drives better.
Orcbolg (08-12-2019)
Old 08-13-2019 | 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Orcbolg
This is false. A Renntech tune will flag your car just the same as any other, you just pay double for it.

That is a very set in stone reply. I didn't say all dealers will honor that. But the ones I know of do. Each dealership is different. They don't have to raise any red flags or bring attention to a warranty claim if they don't want to...Trust me I rather not pay Renntech pricing at all! But in the car scene way too long to want to pay that for in my opinion sub par tune against a custom tune. But being my GT63s is its first year run, I would like to keep warranty on this.
Old 08-13-2019 | 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
That is a very set in stone reply. I didn't say all dealers will honor that. But the ones I know of do. Each dealership is different. They don't have to raise any red flags or bring attention to a warranty claim if they don't want to...Trust me I rather not pay Renntech pricing at all! But in the car scene way too long to want to pay that for in my opinion sub par tune against a custom tune. But being my GT63s is its first year run, I would like to keep warranty on this.
Because it's rather black and white. If you tune it and you have a major powertrain warranty claim, it will be found. Sure, if you are cool with your service guy you can request that they not scan the ECU for fear of flagging it, but come warranty claim time, having Renntech over any other tune is not going to change your outcome, even if your dealership was the one to install it.

Last edited by Orcbolg; 08-13-2019 at 03:11 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Orcbolg:
AMG 17GT (08-13-2019), AMGMD (08-13-2019)
Old 08-15-2019 | 02:44 AM

^^^ I won't argue with you on this, I just know from my personal experience and others I know locally have had no issues with warranty claims...And my previous pretty high powered CLS63 never had issues and lots of things were custom...Again its not black and white at the dealer level across the board. But when it gets flagged and goes up higher then its too late. At the same time Ive seen friends in a different state get a warranty claim denied due to just lowering there vehicle with a ELM...Also please know Im not trying to sway people to Renntech at all! For me it would be better to sway people to a few of my friends that tunes. Either way we all enjoy the toys/vehicles.
Old 08-16-2019 | 07:06 PM

amg gt s , supercharged c6 g.s corvette
Warranty removes as soon as they know you re tuned.Period!I asked three different dealers.
Old 08-17-2019 | 12:39 PM
SPONSOR

From: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
If anyone else is interested we are having a pretty stout sale on the handheld and tune! Just message me!
Old 08-17-2019 | 12:46 PM

I ended up going with a renntech tune. The shop eurocharged uses by me has a terrible reputation and after speaking with several former clients of this shop I went with renntech and cancelled my appointment with them.

Very happy! The tune and customer service I received from renntech was exactly what people owning a gts should get and expect!!!
Old 08-17-2019 | 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by ArabianOak
I ended up going with a renntech tune. The shop eurocharged uses by me has a terrible reputation and after speaking with several former clients of this shop I went with renntech and cancelled my appointment with them.

Very happy! The tune and customer service I received from renntech was exactly what people owning a gts should get and expect!!!

Just curious, but what did you need a shop to do for you for canned tunes?
The following 2 users liked this post by Orcbolg:
loungn14 (08-17-2019), x96535 (04-17-2020)
Old 08-17-2019 | 01:03 PM
SPONSOR

Who is the shop? We certainly can’t have that!
Old 08-17-2019 | 01:14 PM

It saves you money by not needing to buy the HHT. The shop plugs the car in with there own machine and tunes it. No HHT needed.
Old 08-17-2019 | 01:21 PM

Zealous Performance.

The head mechanic there has a terrible reputation and apparently has been fired from nearly every shop in the area including AMS and several other highly reputable places. I ended up spending over 30 minutes on the phone with a guy who used him recently and it literally made my stomach turn upside down knowing I was hours away from dropping my car off for a tune.

I feel like I won the lottery finding out BEFORE I went in.

BTW he tells anyone who wants your tune they need $600 in colder spark plugs. That's a deal braker for most people and it's even more troubling considering it's not true!

Having said all this I have heard nothing but GREAT things about your tune. I really wish I would have gotten it considering you claim to make 40 more hp than the Renntech tune...how do you make that much more power?
Old 08-17-2019 | 01:24 PM
SPONSOR

Zealous Performance.

The head mechanic there has a terrible reputation and apparently has been fired from nearly every shop in the area including AMS and several other highly reputable places. I ended up spending over 30 minutes on the phone with a guy who used him recently and it literally made my stomach turn upside down knowing I was hours away from dropping my car off for a tune.

I feel like I won the lottery finding out BEFORE I went in.

BTW he tells anyone who wants your tune they need $600 in colder spark plugs. That's a deal braker for most people and it's even more troubling considering it's not true!

Having said all this I have heard nothing but GREAT things about your tune. I really wish I would have gotten it considering you claim to make 40 more hp than the Renntech tune...how do you make that much more power?
Wow ok we will certainly deal with that dealer. We CANNOT be associated with anyone that could possibly bring down the value of our tune or cause customers undue issues

renntech is extremely conservative in their tuning, and typically puts down the lowest hp of the major tuners.

Glad you got the car tuned!! It really is a big difference in performance!
Orcbolg (08-17-2019)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged Tune