Sponsored by:

Gtr pro brake duct on 2016 gts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 05:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes-AMG GTR PRO
Originally Posted by canucklehead
The PRO wing does not have the same range of pitch as the regular GTR, I think that is part of the reason the Gurney flap was added. At the max position, the PRO wing is still relatively flat.
I was a bit surprised the other day when I was adjusting it.
Same experience as me. Not much adjustment on Pro compared to my friends GTR where you can adjust the wing much more. Anyway for all GTR owners I recommend to read this article about the GTR aerodynamics. See link.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
GTR Aero dynamics book 5.pdf (3.51 MB, 301 views)
The following users liked this post:
bhamcarnut (01-20-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 08:09 PM

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
Fast and Really Fast Sports Cars
Appreciate the insights. I just needed something that can work well enough for occasional spirited drive in canyons. Tikt is a pain to correspond with for some reason. I have a dedicated GT3 for my track duties, which btw uses defectors and has worked wonders. I know...apples vs oranges.
Old 01-20-2022, 01:49 AM

Received 148 Likes on 115 Posts
2018 Diamond White GT-R
Frafoss,
Where is that link from, part of a manual on AMG GT(s) ? Pretty interesting piece..
Old 01-20-2022, 05:01 PM

Received 381 Likes on 244 Posts
Originally Posted by Frafoss
... Not much adjustment on Pro compared to my friends GTR where you can adjust the wing much more. ...
The adjustment on my Pro's wing (originally) was only a few degrees, but I could see that it should be much more. After pulling the wing off and looking at the way things fit, it was clear that part of the bracket was impeding movement ... even though it was obviously designed to move much more. I ground a little off (rounding off a square corner) and now the wing has about 10 degrees of adjustment and, at each end of adjustment, the bracket sits/fits perfectly. I'm pretty sure there was some sort of oops when my (and possibly other) brackets were made.

Oh, and after re-reading the aerodynamics paper, page 142 section 4.2 does state "... the chance for the drivers to feel free to adjust the rear wing to their liking in a range of just l0° ..." so my bracket definitely was incorrectly blocking adjustment.

Last edited by user33; 03-11-2022 at 05:03 PM.