Black Series help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 247 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by Surge
that’s nice! Hope you get it!
Well, have it in writing from my dealer who was told at the last meeting at MBUSA that he would get just one allocation because of large number of AMG cars sold by him.
More then half of US dealers are not going to see these cars.

Old 01-25-2020, 10:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
MB AMG GTR, R8 V10 Plus. Huracan, Ferrari 458, Porsche 918, McLaren 720S, Camaro ZL1 LT1
I've been told by my German Factory Rep *I deal directly with MB in Germany for my cars...ordering & pick up* that the AMG GT Black will be allocated to those dealerships which have sold a pre determined number of AMGs and it will be available for order through those special dealerships only.
This model will be the first car that will first be offered to current AMG GT owners, in writing, by their dealership before being available in dealerships to the general public. And while I had been offered the opportunity to order directly from the factory without a MB/AMG Rep or salesman,

My local dealership rep tells me they are forbidden from giving out info to anyone other than their best AMG customers. He stated no other models have ever generated the interest and internal discussion the AMG GT Black Series has generated, And yes, the MSRP will start at $375,000 - $500,000.00. But again, HIGHLY monitored to ensure these severely allocated cars go to the right people only. Almost like being selected by Mercedes Benz to buy one of their half million dollar cars!! And yes, my name is on the list....or on the list of buyers in my salesman's head. I WILL GET ONE!!!!
Just as I have every 'special' AMG model released,
Old 01-26-2020, 07:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 412 Likes on 288 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
Originally Posted by ELOSAMGGTR
I WILL GET ONE!!!!
uh huh. Sure thing. You’ve made 0 posts on this forum (other than 2 above). But you own “every special AMG model released”!
How about some photos? Or are they in your head, like your BS order for the GT is in your salesman’s head?
The following 2 users liked this post by Surge:
JSwan724 (01-26-2020), ZephyrAMG (01-27-2020)
Old 01-26-2020, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 247 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Smile

I've been told by my German Factory Rep *I deal directly with MB in Germany for my cars...ordering & pick up* that the AMG GT Black will be allocated to those dealerships which have sold a pre determined number of AMGs and it will be available for order through those special dealerships only.
This model will be the first car that will first be offered to current AMG GT owners, in writing, by their dealership before being available in dealerships to the general public. And while I had been offered the opportunity to order directly from the factory without a MB/AMG Rep or salesman,

My local dealership rep tells me they are forbidden from giving out info to anyone other than their best AMG customers. He stated no other models have ever generated the interest and internal discussion the AMG GT Black Series has generated, And yes, the MSRP will start at $375,000 - $500,000.00. But again, HIGHLY monitored to ensure these severely allocated cars go to the right people only. Almost like being selected by Mercedes Benz to buy one of their half million dollar cars!! And yes, my name is on the list....or on the list of buyers in my salesman's head. I WILL GET ONE!!!!
Wow!!!
I'm very impressed!
Although a little bit disappointed you don't have a Chiron, Jesko, Huayra and Rimac in your personal fleet (maybe you ran out of space?).
I am also extremely impressed by your connections with MDB Deutschland, ordering direct bypassing MBUSA??? Wow, wow, wow!!
Even my buddy in LA who had probably 3 times as many AMG then myself (17) ever since the first C36 and has a confirmed order for the Project One, does not have connections like that...
We all here are small potatoes next to you, congratulations!
The following 3 users liked this post by absent:
JSwan724 (01-26-2020), MG1422 (01-27-2020), Surge (01-26-2020)
Old 01-26-2020, 08:44 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,421 Likes on 2,859 Posts
2012 CLS63
Cool story.
Old 01-26-2020, 06:52 PM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
AMG GTS

Holy crap that's a lot more expensive than the SLS BS.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 412 Likes on 288 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
I would treat the price quoted by this guy as fake news.
The following users liked this post:
jn66 (01-26-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 11:14 AM

Received 129 Likes on 82 Posts
fun ones.
Originally Posted by JSwan724
Ok I’ll try and outline MY UNDERSTANDING of the process for ordering all of these high end special Mercedes cars;

1. CONTRACT LAW 101 - Go to your dealer GM and offer to buy the GT Black.
2. Place a written and signed order by the GM or Sales Manager along with an agreed deposit (Customer/Buyer Offered and Dealer accepted)

3. Despite what you read here it is very important for you to know and understand the following;

A dealer order is just that an order that the dealer will sell you a car IF they have or will receive it.
ALL OFFICIAL ORDERS ARE MADE ONLINE BY THE DEALER AND OFFICIALLY ACCEPTED BY THE AMG FACTORY.
All factory accepted orders are assigned an order number that the factory and dealer use to track the build/ship process in the MB computer system in the plant in Germany.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE A ORDER NUMBER AND FACTORY ACCEPTANCE YOU DON’T HAVE A CAR ON ORDER.

As of the end of December the order system for the GT Black is closed with no officially known open date.
To date no Germany factory officially assigned GT Black dealer recepients have been identified.
To date their is no official Total number of Blacks to be built.

MY BEST GUESS is that by the end of the 1st quarter we will see some official information forthcoming FROM Germany.

ALSO, Please remember;
The build process takes about 4-6weeks from official start to finish and can be tracked through your dealer using your order number.
Unless things change radically for the better, plan on your completed car sitting at the MB VPC for another several months until the government plays nice and releases the car for delivery. (My GTR sat for over 7 months in the US less than 1 hour away before I could finally take delivery and buy it).

FWIW: Porsche and many other foreign imports experience the same delays year after year as well.

GOOD LUCK and I hope all of this insite helps.
This is the only bit of sense in this entire thread.

Absolutely no one in the world has a cast iron black series allocation because the order book is not open. Dealers can and will promise you whatever they like, it doesn't mean it will happen.

Apparently P1 owners will be offered allocations as a sorry because that car is so delayed. I've no idea if that's the truth or not but I've heard the same story from lots of sources.

I hope they all go to people that will drive the bollocks off them.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Heard the same thing from my GM. I had two dealers who agreed to put me in the top slot for a BS if I bought a Pro. (Pro's aren't selling and if you check out the new EVO magazine you'll see why in head to head with GT3rs). One said market adjustment of $100k on the BS. They will get it in Orange Co. CA.
I can't help think some of the F1 aero will filter to the BS. Don't underestimate AMG.

Old 01-27-2020, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Interesting comments lol.
The black dealership locally have already built up a list of AMG customers that are willing to buy one. They do not know how many they will receive and advised the will go down that list once they get an allocation. Most large dealerships probably already have such a list and you are probably a bit late to the party as I inquired about 2 years and I am #2 on that list.
If the prices thrown out here are remotely close, I will probably pass as a near new McLaren 720S for low 200s sound way more appealing...
Old 01-27-2020, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 239 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Poster is a troll
Old 01-27-2020, 02:50 PM

fun ones.
Originally Posted by emericr
Interesting comments lol.
The black dealership locally have already built up a list of AMG customers that are willing to buy one. They do not know how many they will receive and advised the will go down that list once they get an allocation. Most large dealerships probably already have such a list and you are probably a bit late to the party as I inquired about 2 years and I am #2 on that list.
If the prices thrown out here are remotely close, I will probably pass as a near new McLaren 720S for low 200s sound way more appealing...
if the prices are a concern then a 720S? What are you smoking?
Old 01-27-2020, 04:49 PM

Received 259 Likes on 141 Posts
AMG GT R Pro
Originally Posted by WhiteBlack
if the prices are a concern then a 720S? What are you smoking?
720s are 400k in Canada...low 200s sounds great haha
DriveAMG (01-27-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 706 Likes on 535 Posts
R Nine T
[QUOTE=JSwan724;7938442]Ok I’ll try and outline MY UNDERSTANDING of the process for ordering all of these high end special Mercedes cars;

2. Place a written and signed order by the GM or Sales Manager along with an agreed deposit (Customer/Buyer Offered and Dealer accepted)

Jerry, being that you are not contracting with AMG, The order has to include specifics about what number you are in that dealer allocation slot and if and when the dealer gets the build. At least that’s what I would demand.

I have to say that the black series is really looking like an incremental evolve vs last Black. Maybe not worth the time or the money.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:19 PM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
AMG GTS
[QUOTE=AMG 17GT;7964960]
Ok I’ll try and outline MY UNDERSTANDING of the process for ordering all of these high end special Mercedes cars;

Jerry, being that you are not contracting with AMG, The order has to include specifics about what number you are in that dealer allocation slot and if and when the dealer gets the build. At least that’s what I would demand.

I have to say that the black series is really looking like an incremental evolve vs last Black. Maybe not worth the time or the money.
I think most people buying it are doing it as a future investment if the last Black Series is anything to go by.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:21 PM

AMG GT R Pro
[QUOTE=fullvietfx;7964996]
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT

I think most people buying it are doing it as a future investment if the last Black Series is anything to go by.
Which, imo, is too bad. If I had the opportunity
to buy one I would drive/track the ever loving hell out of it. It would also be driven in the snow.
The following 2 users liked this post by jn66:
DriveAMG (01-27-2020), thebishman (01-28-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 538 Likes on 337 Posts
2024 AMG G63
[QUOTE=AMG 17GT;7964960]

AMG17GT:

You know in these legal matters I always yield to your extensive legal expertise!! It’s what you do.... and get it signed by the dealer “Big Dog”) 👍👍😃

Best regards

Last edited by JSwan724; 01-28-2020 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:24 PM

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
e55
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Heard the same thing from my GM. I had two dealers who agreed to put me in the top slot for a BS if I bought a Pro. (Pro's aren't selling and if you check out the new EVO magazine you'll see why in head to head with GT3rs). One said market adjustment of $100k on the BS. They will get it in Orange Co. CA.
I can't help think some of the F1 aero will filter to the BS. Don't underestimate AMG.
What was so wrong with the EVO article? It was right there with the RS, If I remember 4.5 stars. Also, in the EVO car of the year finished second to Porsche GT4 a few points behind.

I think the PRO is underrated, and slap on some CUP R tires (like the RS did ), and you are under 7 minutes on N'Ring
Old 01-27-2020, 11:28 PM

AMG GT R Pro
Originally Posted by Bones
What was so wrong with the EVO article? It was right there with the RS, If I remember 4.5 stars. Also, in the EVO car of the year finished second to Porsche GT4 a few points behind.

I think the PRO is underrated, and slap on some CUP R tires (like the RS did ), and you are under 7 minutes on N'Ring
Link to article?

also, what tires did they run when the Pro ran the ring?

Old 01-28-2020, 12:14 AM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by GTS 007
Humbly asking if anyone can help me understand the process of getting an allocation for the upcoming GT black series ?
Can you share senior contacts at AMG sales management ?

Among other AMG cars, I now have purchased at the same dealer and traded back to him :

2016 GTS, 2018 GTR.... I now own a 2020 GTR pro (Arrived 3 weeks ago).

My dealer was able to get the Pro allocation for me through a lucky golf outing with AMG management last year and mentioning my history and loyalty to the brand and GT models....
but no identified networking path for Black series. ...

any help or advice.?

very grateful.
Lol the good ol' "It was super tough I had to use my super duper connections and call in a massive favor to get you this car now you owe me big time" tactic. GTR Pro's are not hard cars to get. Dealers are struggling to even find the first buyer for them.

In regards to the Black Series, only buy that car if you genuinely love it and want to drive it. If you buy it thinking it'll be some great investment like the SLS BS, you will be mistaken. The SLS BS is the ultra rare pinnacle of a extremely unique (and relatively rare) vehicle that represents a time gone by, never to be revisited.

In contrast, the AMG GTR BS will be the pinnacle of a mass produced model that had many derivatives to fill in the gap between base and Black Series. Not to mention that sales of the AMG GT were strong enough that a replacement generation is a high likelihood.
Orcbolg (01-28-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 06:37 AM

fun ones.

I've chased many 991.2 RS in my PRO on track. I would say that with two decent amateurs driving there's nothing in it.

The only thing is that the PRO can't keep endlessly lapping like the RS can but on the flipside you can be more of a hooligan in the AMG.

Forgetting values, depreciation and availability I must admit I would take the Porsche but its very close. The reliability and the quality of the cage/harness/seat setup just edges it over the GTR's better cruising abilities and looks.

BS doesn't need to be faster than a GT2RS for me. Give me a mad wing, another 100 or so bhp and some decent seats and belts. That'll keep me happy.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 868 Likes on 451 Posts
2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
I would never call someone out with such limited info like some have done on here. There are people on here who could buy your company and turn it into a parking lot and you never know who they are.
The following 6 users liked this post by benzbell:
DriveAMG (01-28-2020), ELOSAMGGTR (01-29-2020), JSwan724 (01-28-2020), KenGross (01-28-2020), Mazspeed (02-02-2020), thebishman (01-28-2020) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-28-2020, 03:04 PM

AMG GT R Pro
I’ve asked a couple people to see if they can find out any more info and have requested to be on the list.

Long shot I’m sure but I live in a smaller place and have two 2020 AMGs.

I’ll report back if I get any information not already readily available. I got pitched hard at the immediate appreciation on the previous BS. I reminded him quickly that no car I own and drive will appreciate in value.

Anyway - more of a fact finding mission than anything. Figure many people across the world are probably in front of me.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX

I felt it was overly subjective article given these are track day toys. Waxing on how a 911 steers in the moors of Scotland in colorful terms but that's EVO. After your comments I reread it and it still sounds like Oh BTW, the Pro is ok if you want to spin the tires and it might be worthy of a place in this years eCoty. I thought they were back handed complements on the Pro even though I believe if one is honest the GTS/R/Pro are far easier to drive fast than proschephille will admit. Would have liked some objective comparison like a lap time.
Cheers
Old 01-28-2020, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 966 Likes on 581 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by jn66
Link to article?

also, what tires did they run when the Pro ran the ring?
Fairly certain that would have been the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 ZP’s, which is the ROW option tyre that can’t be ordered on the GTR for the USA. For a true Apples to Apples comparison, the GTR Pro should be on a set of the new SC2 ‘R’ tyres which whilst they look like a ZP, have a different external and very quick compound. Unfortunately I don’t think they’re made in our sizes.
jn66 (01-28-2020)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black Series help please