New to me 2016 amg gts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 amg gts, 2015 bmw m4
New to me 2016 amg gts

I just got the car yesterday. It is my first amg.

the car is iridium silver magno with silver exclusive alcantara interior.

fully optioned with high end burmeister, silver fiberglass trim and distronic

but, unfortunately the 1st day driven check engine light is on and the car shakes when idle plus intermittenly noise from under the seat aswell as the seat is loose on cornering. the car just got a recall done and a full 3 year service done.

car is on 22k miles and this has not been a good experience.

Old 01-06-2020, 05:12 AM

Received 216 Likes on 135 Posts
E55, 380SL, GLA 250 Sport, AMG GTS
Congratulations and a beautiful example. It should still be under warranty so a trip to the dealership should take care of these.
Old 01-06-2020, 05:24 AM

Im thinking of just selling the car as its a really early build and i got a really good deal on it and jump on to a gtr or a supercar (mclaren/ ferrari). What do you guys think ?
Old 01-06-2020, 05:34 AM

Received 216 Likes on 135 Posts
E55, 380SL, GLA 250 Sport, AMG GTS
Originally Posted by bostongts
Im thinking of just selling the car as its a really early build and i got a really good deal on it and jump on to a gtr or a supercar (mclaren/ ferrari). What do you guys think ?
First of all let's remind you that you are on an AMG GT forum. Second, dealer support and relative cost of maintenance of the MB is better than the other two brands you have provided, The decision is ultimately yours.
The following users liked this post:
ZephyrAMG (01-06-2020)
Old 01-06-2020, 10:12 AM

Received 192 Likes on 147 Posts
/////PRO
First, welcome!

1-very possible the reason that car ended up on the market is because previous owner experienced the same issue and didn’t want to fix, so don’t blame car, blame the cheap a$$ that owned it prior.

2-could be super simple fix, go ahead and get it checked at a proper MB AMG service dept, they can pull the code and figure it out rather quickly. Spark plug, coil, cheap gas.....who knows.

3-you don’t know your Italian “Supercars” or Mclaren’s very well if you feel they will be more problem free.

4-you purchased a great car, as you say at a good deal, get it up to where it should be operationally and then see if you enjoy the experience enough to keep! That good deal savings will go a long way to getting the car to where it should be.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by dlefty
First, welcome!

1-very possible the reason that car ended up on the market is because previous owner experienced the same issue and didn’t want to fix, so don’t blame car, blame the cheap a$$ that owned it prior.

2-could be super simple fix, go ahead and get it checked at a proper MB AMG service dept, they can pull the code and figure it out rather quickly. Spark plug, coil, cheap gas.....who knows.

3-you don’t know your Italian “Supercars” or Mclaren’s very well if you feel they will be more problem free.

4-you purchased a great car, as you say at a good deal, get it up to where it should be operationally and then see if you enjoy the experience enough to keep! That good deal savings will go a long way to getting the car to where it should be.
Car is awsome, the only thing is that the car has been in the dealership for 3 weeks and i have owned the car for 3 weeks and a day haha. I know the “italian” supercars are not gonna be reliable, i wasnt expecting it to. I was expecting the amg to be reliable as i have owned a couple of mercedes before and they were all great. Going to own the car for longer. Just got to the dealer and it was misfiring. Probably spark plugs/ coils.
Old 01-06-2020, 01:24 PM

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts
2016 gts
Best car I ever bought is my 16 gts , and that's after many high end sports cars. Any car is gonna have a issue here an there , get used to car , settle on with it.
You say gonna try a McLaren ,Ferrari , or even a Porsche ,haha just wait till those regular maintenance costs kick in, you'll really be sorry.
Dissatisfied with a gts , sell and stick with a Honda.

Bad af.
bostongts (01-06-2020)
Old 01-06-2020, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tinknocker
Best car I ever bought is my 16 gts , and that's after many high end sports cars. Any car is gonna have a issue here an there , get used to car , settle on with it.
You say gonna try a McLaren ,Ferrari , or even a Porsche ,haha just wait till those regular maintenance costs kick in, you'll really be sorry.
Dissatisfied with a gts , sell and stick with a Honda.

Bad af.
Your car looks badass. Loved the blackout look. I am aware of the maintanence costs for ferrari, mclaren, etc. Thats why i bought the gts in the first place. As i’m still a student, this will probably be my only car which will be daily driven. The only thing staying me away from the gts before is that i just got the car checked thru by the dealer and the 3 year service done. The car ultimately threw a cel on the first day back. Thats what im worried about.
Old 01-06-2020, 03:42 PM

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts
2016 gts
It'll get straightened out. That my friend is a good choice you picked up.much better than going the corvette route.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tinknocker:
fullvietfx (01-06-2020), Orcbolg (01-07-2020)
Old 01-06-2020, 03:54 PM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
AMG GTS
It'll get straightened out. That my friend is a good choice you picked up.much better than going the corvette route.
I don't know why but this post made me laugh.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 635 Likes on 379 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 63s Coupe AMG GLC 63s Coupe
So growing old with the car you like and friends is a bad thing..? Kids..

Old 01-07-2020, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 695 Likes on 438 Posts
AMG
Lmao, love that meme. Not surprised that Captain Canyons didn't get the joke.

New to me 2016 amg gts-asdafd2.jpg

Old 01-07-2020, 05:59 PM

Received 245 Likes on 152 Posts
Designo White AMG GTS
Get the stuff fixed under warranty and keep it. It's a better daily driver than the other cars you mentioned. The only other car I'd consider in the price range would be some 911 variant.
Orcbolg (01-07-2020)
Old 01-07-2020, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,345 Likes on 2,065 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
First of, congrats on the car! The tech on these is solid and the engines well proven. As others stated, service and/or repairs on these are simple and once corrected, no big deal. Depending on your budget, if anything close to your current car, the type of Ferrari or McLaren you would get will be bottomless money pits that will make your GTS look like a Corolla.
Btw, the pics of that Magno paint appears shinier than it should. Strongly recommend matte paint wash only and never wax this thing. It'll be the end of the paint...Recommend Dr. Beazley
Good luck!