Sponsored by:

Terrible Experience with 2020 AMG GTR Pro and AMG GT R Roadster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 411 Likes on 287 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
My whole point, and I can see others agree, is that trying to lemon a car with an exhaust rattle, and another with a check engine light, is preposterous!
Sure, it's annoying to have these issues; but nothing is perfect. And I'm sure MB will provide a resolution.

Old 04-25-2020, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 246 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by Surge
My whole point, and I can see others agree, is that trying to lemon a car with an exhaust rattle, and another with a check engine light, is preposterous!
Sure, it's annoying to have these issues; but nothing is perfect. And I'm sure MB will provide a resolution.
Anything can happen.
About 2010-2012 there was a really large number of S65s returned under Lemon law, most of them for "Check engine" light.
It was ridiculous indeed yet it happened , more then a dozen cars in just one year if I remember correctly.
The following users liked this post:
Surge (04-25-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 411 Likes on 287 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
Right. Love your signature, btw, @absent !

It's also important to get some perspective here - in the supercar class of cars costing more than $200K, none of the models fair particularly well on reliability. This is something all owners should understand before going in. I'm surprised and suspicious that the OP is so shocked that he had a (what most would consider minor) issue with the cars. I would say Mercedes is actually the best in terms of reliability in this category. Scanning this forum, you see incredibly few complaints about the AMG GT's reliability.

Porsche has continued to have engine failures in the 991.2 GT3 (see Janko Lind on YouTube), not to mention true Lemons (see BOTH of Nick Murray's 911s). McLaren - forget about it.

Not to take this thread off topic, but my guess is that @mbsldallas is not telling us everything. Reading between the lines, I would surmise he changed his mind and wanted another car, and was trying to use the defects as a rational for replacing the cars. You can see he already "took a significant loss" on the one with the check engine light. The justification of selling is weak and dubious - that the service records would deter the new buyer and affect the future value. So a new buyer would get scared off by a CEL? That is so weak, it's laughable.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 868 Likes on 451 Posts
2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
Note to self. Nix on complaining about an exhaust rattle on an MB product.
The following 4 users liked this post by benzbell:
AMGBEASTMODE (04-26-2020), canucklehead (04-26-2020), mbsldallas (04-25-2020), wawrecker (04-25-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 09:03 PM

Received 55 Likes on 21 Posts
S680, GLS 600, SL63, SLS Black Series, Porsche 911 Singer
Originally Posted by Surge
Right. Love your signature, btw, @absent !

It's also important to get some perspective here - in the supercar class of cars costing more than $200K, none of the models fair particularly well on reliability. This is something all owners should understand before going in. I'm surprised and suspicious that the OP is so shocked that he had a (what most would consider minor) issue with the cars. I would say Mercedes is actually the best in terms of reliability in this category. Scanning this forum, you see incredibly few complaints about the AMG GT's reliability.

Porsche has continued to have engine failures in the 991.2 GT3 (see Janko Lind on YouTube), not to mention true Lemons (see BOTH of Nick Murray's 911s). McLaren - forget about it.

Not to take this thread off topic, but my guess is that @mbsldallas is not telling us everything. Reading between the lines, I would surmise he changed his mind and wanted another car, and was trying to use the defects as a rational for replacing the cars. You can see he already "took a significant loss" on the one with the check engine light. The justification of selling is weak and dubious - that the service records would deter the new buyer and affect the future value. So a new buyer would get scared off by a CEL? That is so weak, it's laughable.
Dude you are such a loser. You somehow have to find some other reason because the obvious/straightforward answer just doesn't work for you. BTW - have you ever listened to how others say you are obnoxious? Maybe you should look in the mirror! You seriously need to get a life dude. The car sounded terrible. I mean terrible. And others have said the same thing. There is nothing else to it. A car's exhaust is so important to me and usually AMG is amazing. You somehow feel some need to bring others down. I don't know you, I don't care to know you. Yet you somehow have "figured me out" when you and I have never met and never talked. I tried to remove myself from this thread and then you purposely add me back in. That makes you an *******. Pure and simple.

There is no other story dude. The car sucks. And I have lots of cars. And I have no use for a car that sounds like crap. And I had no use for a car that spent three weeks in the shop in the first month. That is the story dude. You clearly love AMG and your car. Great. But this is not about you. Or me. This is about people who might be wanting to buy one of these and they should make sure the car doesn't have this ridiculously terrible rattle before they buy the car. Otherwise they are screwed as well because there is no fix. Can you please go bother someone else who actually wants your terrible advice? I sold the other one because I knew the market was going south with the coronavirus and I didn't want to get stuck with it once I decided to move on. You can call me fickle or whatever you want, but I have owned probably 50+ cars and I haven't had any have these types of issues so quickly so I moved on. End of story.

Something tells me you are a total wuss except in an anonymous forum like this where you can just be argumentative without any repercussions. See when you are crazy like me and you buy and sell a lot of cars, you deal with all sorts of buyers. And guess what, many people who buy $100K+ cars used look at the service records. That is why CarFax is making so much money. So when they see repairs in the first few months, some will panic. Or they will discount what they would offer. It wasn't just a CEL you idiot - if you read anything you would see they replaced a fuel injector and a fuel pump. Glad you don't think it is a big deal, but in my 50+ cars I have owned, this is the first one with those issues. And I have never had a car with an issue that the manufacturer said they couldn't fix. Hey @Wolfman you really like having people like this guy who just can't leave things alone?
The following 2 users liked this post by mbsldallas:
AMGBEASTMODE (04-26-2020), jn66 (04-27-2020)
Old 04-26-2020, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 220 Likes on 156 Posts
2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS
Vic, And I get reprimanded for unsportsman like conduct? This guy is belligerent and behaving like a little douche bag.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Wow. The tone and sentiment on this thread has gotten insane. One of the insanest I’ve seen in the 10 years I been on. Went from people chiming in to offer advice/thoughts/sympathy to them being told F off and die. Members are getting so on edge...

When a poster doesn’t reciprocate the sentiment, people just have to ignore the thread and stop posting. No use.

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 04-26-2020 at 01:04 AM.
Old 04-26-2020, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3,303 Likes on 2,049 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
The time has come to close this thread
The following 6 users liked this post by Wolfman:
absent (04-26-2020), benzbell (04-26-2020), garymac (04-26-2020), JSwan724 (04-26-2020), KenGross (04-26-2020), Surge (04-26-2020) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-27-2020, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by thecutter64
Vic, And I get reprimanded for unsportsman like conduct? This guy is belligerent and behaving like a little douche bag.
I agree and Wolf took care of it... sorry I was out in the wild braving Covid.