Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Koons Mercedes Benz of Catonsville MD BEWARE!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 07:11 PM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 AMG GT
Koons Mercedes Benz of Catonsville MD BEWARE!!!!

Please, DO NOT PURCHASE from this dealership. The GM is some jersey shore wanna be that is cocky arrogant disrespectful and needs a lot of training. He thinks he wants to be a wise guy. They scam customers. Sell CPO cars on **** Mercedes-Benz that shouldn’t be CPOd. The service side is running a scam as well. They hold your car hostage. If the GM didn’t have my car I would have not but my tounge. Please stay away from this **** dealership.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG GTR
Originally Posted by Gp17gt
Please, DO NOT PURCHASE from this dealership. The GM is some jersey shore wanna be that is cocky arrogant disrespectful and needs a lot of training. He thinks he wants to be a wise guy. They scam customers. Sell CPO cars on **** Mercedes-Benz that shouldn’t be CPOd. The service side is running a scam as well. They hold your car hostage. If the GM didn’t have my car I would have not but my tounge. Please stay away from this **** dealership.
Do you care to elaborate?
Old 05-27-2020, 08:53 PM

2017 AMG GT
Originally Posted by Avi Das
Do you care to elaborate?
Long story short, popping creaking noises in just bought CPO 17 GT. Took it in last Wednesday. Up till today was still at the shop. They said to replace diagonal strut braces and hardware. They did. Noise is still there and tech is not happy. They didn’t send the bolts with new braces so they ordered the bolts. Installed next day still making noise. Now they are saying they need to rip out the dash to get to the cross races and retorque them. Wtf is going on I’m not having my care torn apart that I just got which was to be CPO. When I saw I don’t want the dash pulled and send the car back the GM is upset and telling me he wants me happy. I said I’m not happy I feel ripped off. If this car is CPO why is the tech not happy with the noise? The GM got loud and aggressive. I had to keep cool bc I was afraid he may do something to my car before delivering back to me. So all this time and same boat. Spent almost 90k on this CPO and feel duked and now stuck with a popping creaking GT.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG GTR
Originally Posted by Gp17gt
Long story short, popping creaking noises in just bought CPO 17 GT. Took it in last Wednesday. Up till today was still at the shop. They said to replace diagonal strut braces and hardware. They did. Noise is still there and tech is not happy. They didn’t send the bolts with new braces so they ordered the bolts. Installed next day still making noise. Now they are saying they need to rip out the dash to get to the cross races and retorque them. Wtf is going on I’m not having my care torn apart that I just got which was to be CPO. When I saw I don’t want the dash pulled and send the car back the GM is upset and telling me he wants me happy. I said I’m not happy I feel ripped off. If this car is CPO why is the tech not happy with the noise? The GM got loud and aggressive. I had to keep cool bc I was afraid he may do something to my car before delivering back to me. So all this time and same boat. Spent almost 90k on this CPO and feel duked and now stuck with a popping creaking GT.
Did you get the car back? Might be worth taking to a different dealership for second opinion
Old 05-27-2020, 09:42 PM

2017 AMG GT
Yes I got it back in a flatbed and now I can bash him and the dealership. I’m not having this dash pulled. We all know I’ll return to more rattles and squeaks and being CPO, frankly this being my 7th MB and 3rd AMG. I expected to be treated better. My GM guys treat me better in my corvette....shame
Old 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Horrible to hear that. I hate trashy, scammy, cheesy, tough guy-talking, bait and switch type dealerships with a GM who has a big mouth.

...try another dealership
The following users liked this post:
Gp17gt (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 10:27 PM

2017 AMG GT
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Horrible to hear that. I hate trashy, scammy, cheesy, tough guy-talking, bait and switch type dealerships with a GM who has a big mouth.

that’s exactly what he was. Sam the GM. Just looks like a weasel.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:44 PM

Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
/////PRO
Take to another dealer, it’s under warranty, let them fix it. Dash out, no dash out, let them fix.
MercAMGgts2016 (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 76 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
Man, really sorry to hear this. Keep us updated. Are you pissed at the sales side, the service department or both? I’ve had cars serviced at MB Catonsville and I know that they do have the best service tech in the DMV working there.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:55 AM

2017 AMG GT
Originally Posted by Case1906
Man, really sorry to hear this. Keep us updated. Are you pissed at the sales side, the service department or both? I’ve had cars serviced at MB Catonsville and I know that they do have the best service tech in the DMV working there.
yea never experienced this before. The GM Sam is a punk. The way he thinks he can run that dealership the way he does. Especially the way he spoke to me.

service manager Robert felt my pain and I could tell he genuinely cared. Good guy I can just tell he was.

those techs you speak are the best... no longer there. They play guessing games. How did I get a CPO AmG GT and now there to the point scratching heads telling me next step is pulling the dash. I know majority of members would never want the dash pulled let alone an oil change at a dealership.

what pisses me off the most is that I feel I got ripped off. The salesman Erik seems to be a nice guy, but I have a feeling he’s playing 2 face. I’ve been owed a key fob for a month. So I had no choice to take it back here to demand my key second key fob they say was lost at auction??????...... so that’s when this mess started. My appt was Wed at 11am. They take cars with appointments but don’t even look at them till days later?

i feel like that GM Sam is running some schemes with service bc he was saying “ I get paid no matter what” “ bad reviews? So what everyone gets bad reviews” service dept besides Robert seems like they running a scam system taking Mercedes Benz money milking warranty work.

I just bought this car a month ago, drove it home, got tinted and paint correction and sealant that’s the extent I had so far of enjoying this GT.

they really made me feel like ****, like I did something wrong and when the GM Sam emails me.. he sugar coats the email like he’s trying to be professional while he was just an arrogant high tempered Fool.

I told him I would close my business down just to work as a salesman to show him how people should be treated. Cars are emotions. Peoples dreams. And these dealerships are destroying our happiness and dreams and all our hard very hard earned money.

I will do my duty, as to have as many people avoid this dealership. They claim best of the best AmG awards..that’s bull**** a damn joke.. i have no idea how the owner of Koons, JIM KOONS can allow this.
maybe that’s why the Koon dealerships are trying to be sold off.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:59 AM

2017 AMG GT
Originally Posted by Case1906
I’ll go to Arlington Benz or Alexandria Benz. The GM Sam looks like a gambling alcoholic with spray tan. Cant trust this guy. Typical car dealership type of wise guy. If he had not had my car there while I was at home.....I wouldn’t have let him talk to me like that. But my fiancé was proud of me and now I’m working on my temper so I want to handle this in a manner where this goes viral and he needs to be trained or demoted.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:00 AM

2017 AMG GT
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG

all the above plus spray tan. You can tell he ain’t right by looking at him.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:07 PM

Received 105 Likes on 66 Posts
'18 AMG GTC, '96 BMW 318i, '10 Audi Q5 (wife)
What about Euro Motor Cars in Germantown? Shahul (susman@eurogermantown.com) and Steve (sroumeliotis@eurogermantown.com) are premium sponsors here. Shahul is the AMG sales manager there. I bought my GTC from them and they were great throughout the process. I have not used the service since I live in FL, but I trust Shahul and Steve.
Gp17gt (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 10:09 PM

2017 AMG GT
Originally Posted by BucsFan
What about Euro Motor Cars in Germantown? Shahul (susman@eurogermantown.com) and Steve (sroumeliotis@eurogermantown.com) are premium sponsors here. Shahul is the AMG sales manager there. I bought my GTC from them and they were great throughout the process. I have not used the service since I live in FL, but I trust Shahul and Steve.
I wish I went there is that in Bethesda? 90k lesson learned. I can’t believe Merecedes Benz allows a dealership like Koons Mercedes-Benz of Catonsville sell there products. Like I said before, they got some scheme going on inside that dealership I can almost garuntee it.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:25 PM

Received 105 Likes on 66 Posts
'18 AMG GTC, '96 BMW 318i, '10 Audi Q5 (wife)
It's in Germantown. Out 270 from Bethesda just past Gaithersburg.
Gp17gt (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 10:29 PM

2017 AMG GT
Originally Posted by BucsFan
It's in Germantown. Out 270 from Bethesda just past Gaithersburg. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Eu...!4d-77.2647875
cool thanks I appreciate that. I may use the Arlington VA Benz. I’ve heard good things about them.
Old 12-06-2020, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 650 Likes on 405 Posts
2020 GLS450 / 2024 Ford Bronco / (former) W212 4-matic 350 sport package
If you saw the $100m+ mansion the Koons are building down in Naples, FL - you probably wouldn’t buy anything from them either, regardless of badge. They paid nearly $80m for two older mansions next to each other to tear them down and rebuild it as one massive one along Gordon Rd. Easily the biggest and most expensive in all of Naples now.

Last edited by nc211; 12-06-2020 at 07:51 AM.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,124 Likes on 750 Posts
12 E350 4Matic 13 E350 4Matic AMG Sport
Talking

!

Last edited by pierrejoliat; 12-06-2020 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Bad Judgement
Old 12-06-2020, 03:00 PM

Received 536 Likes on 293 Posts
18 AMG GTC and 22 F150 Limited. Past owner 16 Maybach, 17 Brabus Smartcar, 06 Ford E150, and 22 G70
Remember stopping at the MB dealer in Macon Georgia. Every single car in the showroom was locked with windows up............. I turned around and left. Didnt seem to me they were really there to sell cars when you cant even open the door on a C class of gosh sakes............
Old 12-07-2020, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Originally Posted by Katie22
Remember stopping at the MB dealer in Macon Georgia. Every single car in the showroom was locked with windows up............. I turned around and left. Didnt seem to me they were really there to sell cars when you cant even open the door on a C class of gosh sakes............
cuz of covid? Or are the dominion voting machines inside the cars? lol
pierrejoliat (12-07-2020)
Old 12-07-2020, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,453 Likes on 959 Posts
No more MB:(
Euro is great. I go to Bethesda, 25 years and strong.
Old 12-07-2020, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,124 Likes on 750 Posts
12 E350 4Matic 13 E350 4Matic AMG Sport
Talking

Originally Posted by Katie22
Yes, just another reason to shop in jeans and a flannel shirt, you walk in there in Armani and Faragammo you're toast.
Old 12-09-2020, 05:46 PM

Received 536 Likes on 293 Posts
18 AMG GTC and 22 F150 Limited. Past owner 16 Maybach, 17 Brabus Smartcar, 06 Ford E150, and 22 G70
The dealer visit in Macon was a few years ago so Covid was not an issue.