Customer Car ZAC Intakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2021 | 08:43 PM
SPONSOR

AMGs :)
Customer Car ZAC Intakes

Thought We would share these great edits one of our customers sent us (are you on here mate?)
All our customers enjoy the improved throttle response, not to mention that beautiful induction sound.
If you have any questions regarding any of our products please feel free to email sales@zacmotorsport.com

AMG GT COLD AIR INTAKE FEATURES:
  • Over 350% larger filter element area
  • Eliminates the turbulent factory plastic intake tube
  • Up to 30HP increase in HP with supporting mods
  • Increased throttle response
  • Aggressive turbo spool and BOV vent sound
  • Washable Cotton filters, oil free
  • GUARDIAN Turbo blanket included
  • Larger 80mm diameter turbo inlet, suitable for larger frame turbos.
  • Includes sealed airboxes
  • Cone style bell-mouth filter element for more laminar air flow into the turbo
  • original engine cover can be fitted

The following users liked this post:
Hetzle (10-13-2021)
Old 10-13-2021 | 02:39 AM
SPONSOR

Haters gunna hate.

Originally Posted by 57 GTR
You cant be a lawyer, only a **** would post that in his profile. Whats your beef against the vendors on this site?
I just add them to the ignore list I appreciated the bump.
Old 10-14-2021 | 06:36 AM

AMG-GT
I don't have the seniority on this forum to have an opinion but I'm an active member on some other forums who seriously frown on vendors diluting threads with promotional rhetoric. Personally, I would never buy from a vendor who attempts to capitalize on the efforts and information put forward by forum participants. In fact, I would go out of my way to tell others not to buy from a vendor who adds forum members to his ignore list, then uses the opportunity to bump a thread. It is my true hope that any business who posts their email address in a public forum is inundated with the same spam they are spewing.

Last edited by PWR2W8; 10-14-2021 at 06:44 AM.
Old 10-14-2021 | 07:00 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by PropDyn
I don't have the seniority on this forum to have an opinion but I'm an active member on some other forums who seriously frown on vendors diluting threads with promotional rhetoric. Personally, I would never buy from a vendor who attempts to capitalize on the efforts and information put forward by forum participants. In fact, I would go out of my way to tell others not to buy from a vendor who adds forum members to his ignore list, then uses the opportunity to bump a thread. It is my true hope that any business who posts their email address in a public forum is inundated with the same spam they are spewing.
Appreciate your post.
As a forum sponsor we pay monthly fees to post information about our latest products, deals etc. Call it advertising.
It is these monthly fees that go towards keeping these forums open and well moderated.
However, as @57 GTR pointed out, these negative comments, sarcasm, flaming etc. seem to happen all to often on forums.
If you don't have anything positive to say, then why say anything? So I choose to ignore these types of posts and those users.
I simply don't have the time, energy, or see the point in doing anything but.
Just go search a few other vendor posts, (ours even on this GT thread was a good one).
Apart from boosting ones ego by belittling someone else, whether it is us, another company, or another person, what is the point of saying this kind of crap?
Sure, happy to answer questions. But ask yourself, what does washing jeans have to do with this?
It is up to you who you buy from, it is my hope that we can serve those that share the same passion for AMG as we do. That's all.
We aren't coming on here spamming, hating on anyone or making huge overrated claims on our products, sorry to hear that is what you think we are doing.
@PropDyn I hope that clears things up a bit. FWIW, I replied within hours of the last post, so it was hardly bumping.

Now back on topic.
Any product related genuine questions or interest, please feel free to contact us through our website or social media.

Last edited by ZAC MOTORSPORT; 10-14-2021 at 07:06 AM.
Hetzle (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021 | 12:52 PM

2016 AMG GT-S
I've found people's reactions to you are a reflection of how they feel about themselves.

Anyway, I'd love to see before / after dynos, with all other mods kept constant. Do you have those available?

Last edited by Hetzle; 10-14-2021 at 12:59 PM.
ZAC MOTORSPORT (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021 | 02:02 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Sponsors pay so that everyone else can enjoy this forum. In turn they can offer their good/services in sponsor threads like these.
See a sponsor thread you don't like? Just don't click on it

Thanks!
The following 9 users liked this post by Wolfman:
57 GTR (10-15-2021), andymlow (10-15-2021), BBS63 (10-14-2021), Hetzle (10-15-2021), Mazspeed (10-15-2021), perasmu01 (10-14-2021), soulsea (10-14-2021), Wasserott (10-21-2021), ZAC MOTORSPORT (10-14-2021) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-14-2021 | 02:05 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

Originally Posted by PropDyn
Sponsors usually don't post in user threads. This is a sponsor thread.
Old 10-14-2021 | 04:43 PM

2014 E550
In a public forum people should be free to voice their opinions, be it positive or negative.
Old 10-14-2021 | 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Washing in cold water now ….

Way too uptight you all are…..
Old 10-14-2021 | 06:07 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Washing in cold water now ….

Way too uptight you all are…..
We suggest a mild detergent. No harsh chemicals, and no tumble dry
Old 10-15-2021 | 09:00 AM

300sl roadster
I am intrigued with your intake system and tried to understand your note of "including sealed air boxes"... the pics show a top rubber seal/gasket that would use the underside of the front hood as the "seal"... I don't understand why you don't have a true sealed air box (similar to the factory) unless you are trying to just show off the intake system when one opens the hood... after many months of compression the gasket may not seal as well as new and subsequently lose the "sealed air box" effect...
I also would like to see before/after dyno results with a stock GTR engine programing ....
Acta_Non_Verba (10-15-2021)
Old 10-15-2021 | 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
Originally Posted by Wolfman
Sponsors pay so that everyone else can enjoy this forum. In turn they can offer their good/services in sponsor threads like these.

I appreciate that sponsors are paying to support the forum and I thank them for doing so whether or not they're selling a questionable product/service. But, there are two sides to this coin. Without forum members there would be no audience for the sponsor to sell his/her goods.

I participate in numerous forums, mostly owned by the same vendor. The larger the forum, the greater the marketing opportunity.

So, in all fairness, sponsors and forum members need each other.
The following 2 users liked this post by Acta_Non_Verba:
PWR2W8 (10-15-2021), thebishman (10-15-2021)
Old 10-15-2021 | 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
Originally Posted by SLcruzen
I am intrigued with your intake system and tried to understand your note of "including sealed air boxes"... the pics show a top rubber seal/gasket that would use the underside of the front hood as the "seal"... I don't understand why you don't have a true sealed air box (similar to the factory) unless you are trying to just show off the intake system when one opens the hood... after many months of compression the gasket may not seal as well as new and subsequently lose the "sealed air box" effect...
I also would like to see before/after dyno results with a stock GTR engine programing ....

Good question, you're scratching the surface. I've already pursued only some of the issues I've seen in previous threads and will not continue here. One fact though - the factory designed airboxes are capable of supporting well over 1000hp. They're not the gate for airflow.
Old 10-15-2021 | 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

Gentlemen,
Some posts removed. Understood that some were in good humor and some were getting personal, they derail this thread nonetheless. Please keep your posts on topic here.

Thanks
Old 10-15-2021 | 06:35 PM

AMG-GT
Gents, I wasn't aware that vendors were paying to post here. The forums I visit have native advertisers and it's important to support them. If they support the resource, they should prosper from it. Forums are among the few undiluted medias putting forward relevant, useful information from experienced users. I've seen similar commercial threads on MBWorld and wondered why the mods allowed companies to engage in promotion? Now I understand. And I apologize. That said...

When a manufacturer claims a 30hp increase followed by "with other modifications" in their promotional jargon, it just raises red flags in my internet skeptical mind and I responded post haste.