Protective film / wrap for Designo Graphite Grey Magno???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 05:03 PM

Received 192 Likes on 147 Posts
/////PRO
John-some suggestions, car wash soap:
Koch Chemie GSF
Gyeon Bathe
GTechniq GWash
P&S Pearl
Pick whichever fits your budget. I have or have had them all and used extensively. The only thing you want in a car wash soap is a pure soap no garbage waxes, fillers, shine, etc….just a plain old shampoo.

For the most part detail sprays are “dead” except for if using as a drying aid or a quick touch up on a clean car so you aren’t grinding things in the surface into the clear coat/paint or the PPF/vinyl. If you need one on matte paint, the best I have experience with is “Nanolex Matte Final Finish”.
The following users liked this post:
TriggrPullrUSMC (02-10-2022)
Old 12-15-2021, 09:29 AM

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts
AMG GT C Edition 50
Originally Posted by AndrewFerg
Has anyone had a film or wrap applied to an Edition 50 or any Designo Graphite Grey Magno (matte) paint? I'm the new owner of an Edition 50 and I intend to drive it like it was stolen (but with respect) and want to avoid rock chips and parking lot door marks. I've wrapped everything I own (yes, even my motorcycles) with clear protective film in years past, but I don't want to in any way mess with the beauty that is this very unique paint job. I'd love first hand experience from owners of the Magno paint.

Thanks so much in advance!
So so as a recap, I was specifically asking about wrapping (PPF) designo graphite gray magno - it's a more rare and darker matte color and the Xpel Stealth matte wrap clearly showed a color difference. It took a bit of work but I finally found a Suntek dealer that was willing to order a sample of the material and I will put it next to the Xpel stealth wrap and see which does a better job. Don't waste your time trying to call Suntek directly. They were woefully unhelpful. I'll report back with a full review comparing the two wraps and their effect on the color.
The following 2 users liked this post by AndrewFerg:
soulsea (12-15-2021), thebishman (12-15-2021)
Old 08-16-2023, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
merc
It's great that you've decided to compare different cladding options to find the one that best matches your vehicle's paint color. Comparing Suntek and Xpel Stealth samples is a smart approach, as it will help you make an informed decision about which protective film is best for preserving your vehicle's appearance while maintaining its original matte color. I also like to lock myself in the auto and chat with click girls who undress and fulfill my every desire. If you can't find specific information or experiences of owners who have wrapped Designo Graphite Grey Magno Graphite Grey Magno Graphite Grey online, I recommend checking out car forums, social media groups or online communities dedicated to car enthusiasts. On these venues, you'll often find members who share their experiences and opinions on various aftermarket modifications, including protective films, and who may be able to provide you with more specific information.

Last edited by militen; 08-17-2023 at 06:30 PM.