Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CarPlay retrofit with touch screen overlay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2023, 08:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GTC
CarPlay retrofit with touch screen overlay?

Hi all,

Has anyone tried to retrofit this CarPlay system, which includes a touch screen overlay, on an AMG GT?

Also, I have the Burmester High End option on my GTC, so I am interested in opinions about the sound quality of what they call "Sound Option #2" in their product sheet:
https://www.naviplus.com.au/online-s...ion-p423423307

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 01-12-2023, 07:19 AM

Received 106 Likes on 73 Posts
W222, W221, W218, W211
what's your position behind the wheel? I don't think I can easily reach the screen while driving tbh... Carplay is optimized for rotary knob and works perfect with it - why overdo it?

Most HU5s will have these pins there already in the socket - just need to tap into the wiring to get audio in. If yours do - they you will also need something to fish them out before plugging in this one they provide.
Sound quality is good if you have good source. It's not the same as from HDD/DVD, but close to what you can get from BT audio. Tbh above 50km/h road noise is so bad in this car, that it does not really matter anymore...

Coding AUX is a 30 sec operation anyone with Vediamo or DTS can do for you, no need for this $160 kit. Also, if you get a regular "box" (like the one I described here), AUX activation is one of the built-in features. Of course this one does not have a touch overlay - only works with OE rotary controller at the tip of your right hand fingers.