Sponsored by:

GTS 2016 Oil leak with no symptoms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2023, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amg gts
GTS 2016 Oil leak with no symptoms

My gts started leaking transmission oil (a lot) with no symptoms (no smell, all gears shifting fine, no noises)

I read that a lot of people have issues with this gearbox, but almost nothing for an issue like mine. It’s going to the dealer tomorrow and im curious if someone had an experience with such leaks?
Old 06-05-2023, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 437 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by steve742
My gts started leaking transmission oil (a lot) with no symptoms (no smell, all gears shifting fine, no noises)

I read that a lot of people have issues with this gearbox, but almost nothing for an issue like mine. It’s going to the dealer tomorrow and im curious if someone had an experience with such leaks?
Yup, lots of folks have the same issue, some folks have had it happen a few times now. It's thankfully still covered under the transmission warranty extension.

Mine gave no warning whatsoever. I pulled out of the driveway, realized forgotten something inside, and thankfully saw the puddle while on my way back into the house. Had I not had to run back inside (almost never do that) I would have been off on an hour+ drive, without transmission fluid.... Could have been catastrophic.

The MB work order was for around $18k for transmission replacement.
Old 06-06-2023, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amg gts
Originally Posted by Orcbolg
Yup, lots of folks have the same issue, some folks have had it happen a few times now. It's thankfully still covered under the transmission warranty extension.

Mine gave no warning whatsoever. I pulled out of the driveway, realized forgotten something inside, and thankfully saw the puddle while on my way back into the house. Had I not had to run back inside (almost never do that) I would have been off on an hour+ drive, without transmission fluid.... Could have been catastrophic.

The MB work order was for around $18k for transmission replacement.
Bad part is that im not from the US and I think there are not such warranties, but the car is from the US hahaha

It’s whatever but its mind blowing that a car on 20k miles would need a transmission replacement🤦🏼‍♂️

I’ll update the thread about the dealer’s decision.

Last edited by steve742; 08-12-2023 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-06-2023, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 437 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by steve742
Bad part is that im from the US and I think there are not such warranties, but the car is from the US hahaha

It’s whatever but its mind blowing that a car on 20k miles would need a transmission replacement🤦🏼‍♂️

I’ll update the thread about the dealer’s decision.
If you are in the US, the warranty should still be in effect, I believe.

https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roa...ranty-now.html

But I agree, it should absolutely not be having transmission replacement issues like this.