Sponsored by:

GTR wing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2023, 02:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
slk350
GTR wing?

Hi, I just bought my very first AMG yesterday - a GTC. I love it so far, but I was wondering where the best place to buy an authentic (or close to authentic) GTR carbon fiber wing? I saw some online for $5k and I saw some for $2k. But I love the angle of the GTR wing with how it sits on the car. So I want something to as close to authentic as possible that won’t cost an arm and leg. Any thoughts?
Old 12-31-2023, 09:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
AMG GT-C Roadster
The parts will set you back about $4300.00 USD. It's a very very easy to install; maybe 2 or 3 hours. You also have to factor in painting the base and for convertibles, you need to fill in the light opening. I would factor in about $600-800.00 for both. Myself and a handful of others on this forum have used MB of Covington and ask for Eddie in parts... I honestly believe he offers the best price (discount) and has a kit already identified for our GTC convertibles.
The following users liked this post:
Pazorell (01-04-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 10:46 AM

slk350
Originally Posted by speadracer08
The parts will set you back about $4300.00 USD. It's a very very easy to install; maybe 2 or 3 hours. You also have to factor in painting the base and for convertibles, you need to fill in the light opening. I would factor in about $600-800.00 for both. Myself and a handful of others on this forum have used MB of Covington and ask for Eddie in parts... I honestly believe he offers the best price (discount) and has a kit already identified for our GTC convertibles.
ok thank you!

Old 12-31-2023, 10:52 AM

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts
AMG GT C Edition 50
Originally Posted by speadracer08
Is your GTC a coupe or a convertible? Mine is a coupe and I bought a wing from RW Carbon and think it looks great. I couldn't stand the nature and noise of the active wing. My car is Graphite Gray Magno so I didn't need any paint work. Good luck!
Old 12-31-2023, 10:55 AM

slk350
Originally Posted by AndrewFerg
Is your GTC a coupe or a convertible? Mine is a coupe and I bought a wing from RW Carbon and think it looks great. I couldn't stand the nature and noise of the active wing. My car is Graphite Gray Magno so I didn't need any paint work. Good luck!
It’s a coupe. How do I get the active wing to be disabled once I get an actual wing?
Old 12-31-2023, 11:41 AM

AMG GT C Edition 50
Originally Posted by 85percent
It’s a coupe. How do I get the active wing to be disabled once I get an actual wing?
You can buy a little dongle to plug into the connector and it sends a message to the car that all is OK back there. I think it came with the wing. It is relatively easy to replace. The only challenge is ensuring you get the waterproofing gasket right. There are a lot of screws so you need to be patient when tightening and use a traditional back and forth diagonal pattern to ensure a flat seal. Mine has never leaked. Here's what mine looks like. Be prepared for negative comments. There are members here who love to throw shade on modifications like this. My wing came tilted back instead of forward as a factory mistake but it was easy to correct.

The following 2 users liked this post by AndrewFerg:
GTConn (12-31-2023), Pazorell (01-04-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 11:57 AM

slk350
You can buy a little dongle to plug into the connector and it sends a message to the car that all is OK back there. I think it came with the wing. It is relatively easy to replace. The only challenge is ensuring you get the waterproofing gasket right. There are a lot of screws so you need to be patient when tightening and use a traditional back and forth diagonal pattern to ensure a flat seal. Mine has never leaked. Here's what mine looks like. Be prepared for negative comments. There are members here who love to throw shade on modifications like this. My wing came tilted back instead of forward as a factory mistake but it was easy to correct.
Oh ok, got it. wow yours looks great! What color wrap is that on your car?

Last edited by 85percent; 12-31-2023 at 12:55 PM.
Pazorell (01-04-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 12:05 PM

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts
2019 AMG GTC Solar Beam Yellow
I also have the RW Carbon wing on my GTC. Like others have said, install is straight forward. RW Carbon has a great YouTube video that goes over how to install it.

You really want to check for water tightness before putting it all back together as Andrew mentioned. Also, RW supplied me with the bypass module for the oem wing. The wing angle is also adjustable.

I could care less what others on the forum think. 😉 For me, I think it makes the car much more aggressive and everything I do can be put back to stock for the next person.

Last edited by GTConn; 12-31-2023 at 12:08 PM.
Pazorell (01-04-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 12:18 PM

AMG GT C Edition 50
Oh ok, got it. wow yours looks great! What color wrap that?
Mine is a 2018 Edition 50 - so it's not a wrap, that's the actual graphite gray magno paint. Back then it was a special edition paint only available on this car, but now it's available special order on any MB I think. Maybe just for the AMGs I'm not sure. But you can get a similar result with a wrap with the added advantage of also protecting your paint. I'm very particular and can tell the difference between a matte paint and a wrap so I opted for this paint. A lot of people disparage this paint is being difficult to maintain but I don't care. I love the way it looks and I enjoy every minute driving it and I drive it a lot. Haha.
The following 2 users liked this post by AndrewFerg:
Ago54 (01-02-2024), Pazorell (01-04-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 12:57 PM

slk350
Mine is a 2018 Edition 50 - so it's not a wrap, that's the actual graphite gray magno paint. Back then it was a special edition paint only available on this car, but now it's available special order on any MB I think. Maybe just for the AMGs I'm not sure. But you can get a similar result with a wrap with the added advantage of also protecting your paint. I'm very particular and can tell the difference between a matte paint and a wrap so I opted for this paint. A lot of people disparage this paint is being difficult to maintain but I don't care. I love the way it looks and I enjoy every minute driving it and I drive it a lot. Haha.
Good choice that paint looks amazing. I’m considering the Avery black rock grey metallic wrap, or the Avery dark Basalt wrap.
Old 01-01-2024, 01:07 AM

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts
2020 AMG GTC
Hi, I just bought my very first AMG yesterday - a GTC. I love it so far, but I was wondering where the best place to buy an authentic (or close to authentic) GTR carbon fiber wing? I saw some online for $5k and I saw some for $2k. But I love the angle of the GTR wing with how it sits on the car. So I want something to as close to authentic as possible that won’t cost an arm and leg. Any thoughts?
check this thread for full details about the OEM GTR parts needed for the GTC Coupe: https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roa...-question.html

Pazorell (01-04-2024)