Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

What kind of soap do u all use?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 12:14 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
What kind of soap do u all use?

I use mothers soap and sometimes Meguairs because they claim not to remove wax. since i have a black car i need all the wax i can have on it to make it look good. so i am just wondering if there are any other good kinds to use that wont remove wax.
Old 06-29-2002, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Personally I use Zaino's car wash, however, that is also die ot the fact that I use Zaino polish. In reality, any good Car Wash brand of soap should work ok. They are PH balanced and formulated not to remove wax.
Old 06-29-2002, 01:21 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally posted by awiner
Personally I use Zaino's car wash, however, that is also die ot the fact that I use Zaino polish. In reality, any good Car Wash brand of soap should work ok. They are PH balanced and formulated not to remove wax.
Where can i purchase Zaino products. I heard good things about them, but never seen any in stores.
Old 06-29-2002, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C- 230 Kompressor,C2,C7,Black,JL sub,A/D/S/ amps,Alpine hu and changer
You can only purchase Zaino products directly from Zaino
Old 06-29-2002, 11:53 AM

I just ordered from some products from Zaino, if you want go to www.zainobros.com and take a look at their products, I have also heard a lot of good things about them so I'm going to give them a try.....
Old 07-05-2002, 02:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
I've been using Zaino since I got my MB. It is the best product that I have ever used (I hear good things about Klasse, but I have yet to try it). It is very user friendly; goes on quick, and wipes off quick. I normally put a coat of polish on about once a month. Some people complain about the process in that you have to wait a good deal of time in between coats (although you can purchase an accellerator to shorten the time), but it doesn't bother me at all.
Old 07-07-2002, 08:31 PM
Almost a Member!

Before using Zaino Z7 wash, which would be harsh on a Carunuba waxed car, I used P21S Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo. It has a nice smell, and out of all the washes I have used, seems the most gentle.
Old 07-07-2002, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
for regular washing i highly recommend Meguiars Gold Class shampoo. It is $9.99 at Target for a whole gallon! I use it for a lot of stuff, clay lube, washing rims on my zainoed cars, and to wash all other cars not protected with zaino.