Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Glare

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK500 Elegance
Glare

Hi,

I came across a paint treatment/sealant/polish that supposedly lasts 5 years, is hard as glass etc. It is called Glare. It is made in the US and is endorsed by Boeing. Has anyone heard of it?
Old 07-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Nope, and probably a joke too. Nothing will last five years.

Get Zaino! It's probably one of the best polishes/waxes out there.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:19 AM

CLK500 Elegance
Here is the Glare web page

www.autopolish.net

Sounds impressive - too impressive!?
Old 07-11-2005, 04:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Too impressive, nothing works that good.

Very annoying website btw, hurts the eyes.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz w124
it says it contains Glassplexin. i looked it up in google and the links that clicked on , only had ads for "Glare"
Old 07-12-2005, 06:58 AM

Also nearly the indentical message on another Mercedes board. Looks like marketing.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:00 PM

CLK500 Elegance
Not intended to be marketing, I also posted on the the other Board, to check if any one had heard of it.

This all started when another outlet in Sydney was pushing a product called Aeropoxy, supposedly a US made, lasts 5 years super 2 pack paint treatment. I saw several vehicles they had prepared and was stunned at the shine and feel. so in seaching the web for Aeropoxy by Polaris [who used to market Ming paint treatment] I came across Glare.

Any way, given the "secret" nature of both products, I think I will stay with Meguairs products.

Trending Topics

Old 07-14-2005, 09:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Lifetime Paint Protection:
There is no polymer, synthetic or natural wax, or after-market product available that can provide a (2 or 5 year) lifetime protection to a paint film surface.The primary protection provided for a modern water-based colour coat is a polythene paint that has a thickness of 2-3 Mils (0.002-0.003") this is protected by a sacrificial barrier of wax or synthetic polymer sealant.

This barrier is all that stands between the environmental contaminants (ultra violet radiation, acid rain, ozone, industrial pollution, rain, road dirt and tar, etc) and the paint film surface. This renewable barrier is less than 0.000001" thick. While it’s true that a polymer paints melting point is 350+oF, it is still subject to evaporation and erosion by the elements and vehicle washing. However its durability is approximately five or six months.
The technology for a lifetime protection for a vehicles paint film surface does not currently exist.

While it will not provide ‘lifetime’ protection go to a Chrysler or Dodge dealer and get them to apply the Daimler-Chrysler Master Shield sealant, this product provides both real protection and a real warranty for any make of vehicle.
JonM
Old 07-18-2005, 04:13 PM

I have tried all the latest acrylic and polymer sealants out there and the one I found that last the longest is Zaino. Klasse was probably second on my list for durability but I have heard that they reformulated it for the VOC regulations and it has hurt its durability. Klasse's Sealant Glaze is also a real pain in the butt to apply/remove and has alot of problems with streaking. I have also heard that Collonite IW is one of the more durable carnubas but no carnuba will be as durable as a synthetic sealant.