Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Complementary Car Washes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 02:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Complementary Car Washes

What happened???

When i bought my car, i was told i could have a comp car washes for the life of the car.. Whenever.

My g/f would usually borrow the car everyother week and take it in for a good washing this went on for about 6 months. (what a sweet girl!)

Well now, I went to take it in, the sign says only between 12 & 3. Okay, thats fine. So i called another m-benz dealer... they are only for service appts.

what happened to the comp car washes? Not to be cheap, but the dealer does a way better job, then the places that charge 15 bucks.

I called the dealer i bought the car from, Autobahn Mercedes in SF... they still offer it.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 S55 & 97 T88h Supra
comp car washes are nice but i rather do it myself. I gave MB of Esco a chance to wash my car once and when i got it back, it was covered in scratches. Spent the next weekend fixing all their mistakes and I will never let them wash my car again. Hope your car is not black if you are doing these comp washes. I know MB of Esco will do the comp car washes. I came in after 3 and they still washed it.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
I say let your GF do the complimentary washes.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz w124
Originally Posted by MBE55AMG
I say let your GF do the complimentary washes.
...in a bikini... and share pictures

jk amigo. sure they did complimentary washes but i wouldn't trust many of them. i remember visiting some bmw dealership and some 745i they just "cleaned" was horribly scarred with buffer marks and the paint was even burnt on a section. i am surprised that you don't get those anymore. why don't you just cal and ask them why?
Old 08-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 C230K Sport Sedan in Brilliant Silver/Black
I receive complimentary car washes from my dealership. The catch is that I can't go to just any MB dealership, it has to be the one I bought my car from. I also doubt I will take my car for a free wash considering I don't generally trust people with my car. :p Perhaps when winter rolls around and it's 30 degrees out I'll feel differently about it.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Mercedes of Sugar Land offers free car washes every Saturday.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
MY mb will never go thru a tunnel. They are anathema to your paint. My cars always get the hand wash, and synth wax every month. The paint still looks brand new on my 8 month old Volvo.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:19 PM

CLS-500, SL-500, BOXSTER-S
After watching them wash another customers car, I will not let my local dealer wash my car anymore.
The guy used the same towel to wash rims and car. I also saw him drop the towel on the ground, pick it up, and continue to wash with it.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by CE750
MY mb will never go thru a tunnel. They are anathema to your paint. My cars always get the hand wash, and synth wax every month. The paint still looks brand new on my 8 month old Volvo.
Well I should hope so after 8 months....
Old 08-05-2005, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz w124
Originally Posted by CE750

my paint looks great after 6 years from its cheap-o repaint. and why do you use synthetic wax each time? synthetic is meant more for protecting the car than making it look better. if you want better looks, get a carnuaba wax. Well thats more meguiars, i don't know as much information over zaino/zymol and other copmanies. adn whats wrong with going under tunnels?
Old 08-05-2005, 03:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To be honest, i rarely have time to wash my car myself. Hence why i prefer to take it in every few weeks. Of course i can take it to a car wash, pay 15 bucks, have 10 guys wash, vaccuum, and do the windows all in a matter of 10 minutes. But seems to me, that they wash, say 30 cars an hour... AND i bet they do not change the soap buckets, mitts, and towels (well maybe towels) till the end of the day 400 cars later.

Now M-benz, probably has the same set up. But chances are they wash WAY fewer cars per day. Also, (with the exception of my dirt/bug soiled car) cars that come in, are fairly clean therefore the wash mits, etc. probably have less dirt ground into them.

Yes it takes longer at the stealership... BUT i'd rather "play" in the new cars for an hour lunch break then work through my lunch.

Its just a bummer that this WONDERFUL service is slowly fading out.

zymol first, meguires yellow #26 carnuba was second...

AMAZING shine, and durablity!