Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Has anyone tried Meguiars NXT Insane Shine Tire Spray?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 04:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone tried Meguiars NXT Insane Shine Tire Spray?

If so, how are the results compared to other products you have used? How is the durability?
Old 09-08-2005, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 S55 & 97 T88h Supra
Ive used a number of tire products and i decided to give the NXT insane shine a try. Ive been using the Gold Class gel for years (bout 4 years in the car show industry) and i must say, the NXT is not bad. I spray it onto an applicator and then use it instead of spraying it directly on the tire. I do that to avoid putting too much excess product. The shine doesnt last as long as the gold class gel, but the shine is extremely nice and looks better than the Gold Class. I recommend the product. I am going to use the NXT on my benz from now on. have fun and be sure to keep ur pants and slacks away from the shiny tires.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:13 PM

'05 C55 Black/Black Lighting, Premium, NAV
I have been using Black Magic Tire Gel. Works much beter than any spray on I have used before. Then again I am using stuff you can get at the local store not the profesional grade stuff.

Mez
Old 09-11-2005, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
I use the Black Magic tire foam spray. Like other tire dressings I have to deal with the occasional splatter of the product on the fenders, but hey, it works.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 SL63
I have tried them all... (imo) this is the best one
about a week ago I bought the Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tire Protectant Gel. You put it on an applicator and wipe it on.
Best Product by far!! Looks fantastic, doesn't fly off, spray the fenders.
1 week later the tires still look great.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:51 PM

09 E63
Originally Posted by idrivatitleist
about a week ago I bought the Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tire Protectant Gel. You put it on an applicator and wipe it on.
I gotta agree...stuff works great. It's the only thing I can get locally without mail ordering. I'm sure there is better but I have been happy with results and the application is a snap.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E320CDI, CLK55, and a Smart
I like the spray action of the Insane Shine, but I dont prefer a high gloss that it gives. Great product, but just not my taste in shine.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:03 PM

02 c240
I dont care for all the cleaning you have to do with the gels. after a while it just gets sludgy. I flip flop between regular ol Armorall and black magic/meguiars.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:02 PM

Airbus
Just this morning. My .02 if it's worth that much.

Meguiar's nxt Extreme Tire Dressing. It's great if you like the real "wet" look. If not, you will hate it. Now lets see how long it lasts. It comes in a spray can and dispenses in a very fine mist. Spray it onto an applicator 1st. Be wary of which way the wind is blowing because you might not even notice it is blowing all over your newly completed washjob or rims.
Have been using the purple MeGuiar's gel that smelled like grapes and that was an all time favorite here. It lasted and the tires stayed black instead of turning "brown" Have run out and apparently none of the locals around here carry it.

I gotta agree...stuff works great. It's the only thing I can get locally without mail ordering. I'm sure there is better but I have been happy with results and the application is a snap.
Ship some this way. j/k
Old 09-17-2005, 11:17 AM

09 E63
Originally Posted by MDCLS
Just this morning. My .02 if it's worth that much.

Meguiar's nxt Extreme Tire Dressing. It's great if you like the real "wet" look. If not, you will hate it. Now lets see how long it lasts. It comes in a spray can and dispenses in a very fine mist. Spray it onto an applicator 1st. Be wary of which way the wind is blowing because you might not even notice it is blowing all over your newly completed washjob or rims.
Have been using the purple MeGuiar's gel that smelled like grapes and that was an all time favorite here. It lasted and the tires stayed black instead of turning "brown" Have run out and apparently none of the locals around here carry it.

Ship some this way. j/k
grapes...exactly. In regards to build up, I simply wash the tires when cleaning rims, and per instructions, I wipe the tire down with a dry towel which preps the surface for the gel. It does wash off during heavy rain, but what doesn't. If you wash once a week, it holds up great.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Banned

'05 c230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
So where do i buy this Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tire Protectant Gel stuff? I've gone to kragen's and they've never heard of it. i go to autozone and they don't have it either. am i just going to the wrong store?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Pep Boys should have it...I have been using the high endurance tire gel for years and it is by far the best ive ever used. not overly glossy, lasts a long time, dont have to use a lot. I wash my car probably once every 10 days on avg given the extended periods in the winter and Im still on the same bottle I bought 3 or 4 years ago.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Banned

'05 c230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Pep Boys should have it...I have been using the high endurance tire gel for years and it is by far the best ive ever used. not overly glossy, lasts a long time, dont have to use a lot. I wash my car probably once every 10 days on avg given the extended periods in the winter and Im still on the same bottle I bought 3 or 4 years ago.
wow! thanks for the info! i'll check them out. i decided to go with the armor all stuff. it's a new product in an orange bottle. i wrote up a pretty descriptive review on it in another thread.