Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Prestine Clean Oily??????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Prestine Clean Oily??????

Did my seats yesterday with the Rej. Oil and it went as expected. This morning when I poured the Prestine Clean into a spray bottle it smelt and had the same oil consistancy as the Rej. Oil.

So I sprayed the seats down and started working on them. I noticed that the cleaner was in fact kinda oily. I wiped the seats down and buffed them with a MF towel when finished.

They look ok, however they feel like they still have oil on them. I mean when driving around my hands feel kindy filmy after touching everything....

Do you think that maybe my prestine clean bottle was mis-labled by mistake as the two bottles are identical and have identical labels as well.

I used about 8oz of each product for a C43 interior.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Bueller.....Bueller....Bueller....
Old 09-25-2005, 10:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Both products contain oils and both work better on warm surfaces (especially on covered leather as the polyurethane has a slow absorbing rate) The oil will work better if you first warm it in a microwave, and also warm the leather surfaces (in the sun, with a hair dryer or with the vehicles heating system) this allows the oil to permeate deeper
JonM
Old 10-07-2005, 02:12 PM

The PC is lighter in color than the RO. They should not feel oily when done. The tackyness will go away in a few hours if done correct.