Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

This sucks! now I know why they say buy SILVER! and not dark colors....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry This sucks! now I know why they say buy SILVER! and not dark colors....

Ok well I know people love keying nice cars because they cannot afford them and or are jealous haters.

Well any of you with dark cars ever park your car and really really made it spotless and find greasy hand and finger prints on the car? I did not notice that soda was spilled on my hood until the next day when I went to wipe the dust off and it was sticky it might have been glue but gladly it came off after wiping it witha damp cloth.

Also when we got our silver van someone instead of keying it took a dark permanent marker and put some squiggly lines on it when we left it in the parking lot at the mall.

Is their any kinda cleaner or wax that is good at protecting markers?

And anyone have bad experiences like this?

I really dont know why I dont have any enemies and treat everyone with respect why do people get so jealous.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Using a quality wax or paint sealant (Zaino) can help with some of the situations you've encountered but man it sounds like you got other issues going on.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by C43AMG
Using a quality wax or paint sealant (Zaino) can help with some of the situations you've encountered but man it sounds like you got other issues going on.
This mainly happend in southern california....this has happend to one of my coworkers...she bought a brand new lexus and was showing it to some coworkers and some congradulated her and stuff and were happy for her...the next thing you know after work we came out and saw someone had keyed her car and broke eggs or spit on it.

I believe it was an envious coworker.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DreamCast
This mainly happend in southern california....this has happend to one of my coworkers...she bought a brand new lexus and was showing it to some coworkers and some congradulated her and stuff and were happy for her...the next thing you know after work we came out and saw someone had keyed her car and broke eggs or spit on it.

I believe it was an envious coworker.
Well , based upon the information you posted the color of the vehicle has nothing to do with this.This is a issue on a personal level.Without getting out of line I would suggest you reconsider the places you visit and the co-workers that you socialize with.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:09 PM

Well , based upon the information you posted the color of the vehicle has nothing to do with this.This is a issue on a personal level.Without getting out of line I would suggest you reconsider the places you visit and the co-workers that you socialize with.
Huh?

Whoa.

I did not socialize with anyone just went to the mall in and out in 30 minutes parked my car in side the garage woke up the next morning went to wipe it and it was sticky.

that co worker thing was not my car that was my CO workers lexus and she doesnt have any enemies what so ever.

These were all random.

Whats with the jumping to conclusions?
Old 02-04-2006, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Huh?

Whoa.

I did not socialize with anyone just went to the mall in and out in 30 minutes parked my car in side the garage woke up the next morning went to wipe it and it was sticky.

that co worker thing was not my car that was my CO workers lexus and she doesnt have any enemies what so ever.

These were all random.

Whats with the jumping to conclusions?
"Jumping to conclusions"? Hardly.Both instances involving your car happened at the mall,right?My suggestion was for you to "reconsider the places you visit".How am I "jumping to conclusions"?
Old 02-04-2006, 10:19 PM

2006 E350 Flint Grey
Ok well I know people love keying nice cars because they cannot afford them and or are jealous haters.

Well any of you with dark cars ever park your car and really really made it spotless and find greasy hand and finger prints on the car? I did not notice that soda was spilled on my hood until the next day when I went to wipe the dust off and it was sticky it might have been glue but gladly it came off after wiping it witha damp cloth.

Also when we got our silver van someone instead of keying it took a dark permanent marker and put some squiggly lines on it when we left it in the parking lot at the mall.

Is their any kinda cleaner or wax that is good at protecting markers?

And anyone have bad experiences like this?

I really dont know why I dont have any enemies and treat everyone with respect why do people get so jealous.
My virgin post and the only thing that got me to do it was having a similar experience. I had my new E350 only 2 weeks when I brought it t work one day. I parked far out in the in the parking lot where there were 2 empty spaces on each side of me. After work I came out and some joker in a white car had dinged the passenger side door.

Needless to day I was pissed. But I think you are right people see a nice car and want to screw with it.

Trending Topics

Old 02-04-2006, 11:22 PM

"Jumping to conclusions"? Hardly.Both instances involving your car happened at the mall,right?My suggestion was for you to "reconsider the places you visit".How am I "jumping to conclusions"?
fine Ill just not visit malls again
Old 02-04-2006, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by williamlroy
My virgin post and the only thing that got me to do it was having a similar experience. I had my new E350 only 2 weeks when I brought it t work one day. I parked far out in the in the parking lot where there were 2 empty spaces on each side of me. After work I came out and some joker in a white car had dinged the passenger side door.

Needless to day I was pissed. But I think you are right people see a nice car and want to screw with it.
Yes...Its strange how some people are bitter.

Me when I see a nice car I marvel at it and give props and say lucky *******...I dont know how sick some of these people are to throw eggs, scratch, mark, or spill soda on it.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:00 AM
M.J

E-240 2000 , E-240 2001 , CLS350 2006
MMMMmmm i think it was all about luck and you are not lucky
Old 02-05-2006, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by M.J
MMMMmmm i think it was all about luck and you are not lucky
Becareful dog cause it could be you next! no one is safe.

Random haters are everywhere.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:07 AM

2005 Flint Grey E55
Buffing it out with Sonus SFX-1 and SFX-2 polishes and using Lubricant Glyde should prtect it.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:19 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w126 (1989) 560SEL
you can use paint reducer (easily purchased at automotive paint stores) or non-acetone-based nail polish remover for such marker pranks.

As for parking situations, my last ex g/f HATED how I'd roam around for prime parking spots (sometimes I'd double park - but, that just INVITES people to key, spit, or render a mark on your ride. I have a few door dings on the drivers' side that just gets me riled up every now and then, whenever I think about it. But, as my technicians have echoed, "hey this is Los Angeles, it's pretty damn hard NOT get door dings from people who are either jealous/envious or just plain ignorant".

Anyhow, try the above solutions for marker graffiti.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by yakuza560
you can use paint reducer (easily purchased at automotive paint stores) or non-acetone-based nail polish remover for such marker pranks.

As for parking situations, my last ex g/f HATED how I'd roam around for prime parking spots (sometimes I'd double park - but, that just INVITES people to key, spit, or render a mark on your ride. I have a few door dings on the drivers' side that just gets me riled up every now and then, whenever I think about it. But, as my technicians have echoed, "hey this is Los Angeles, it's pretty damn hard NOT get door dings from people who are either jealous/envious or just plain ignorant".

Anyhow, try the above solutions for marker graffiti.

lol ya i live in the los angeles area.

my moms got 5 door dings on her mini van I saw one guy with a long *** door he had a coupe but ti was one of those long *** american car doors I think it i was a buick my mom parked like 4 feet away from his car and he opened it all the way and bame he nailed the side of the car what a jerk. did he really need to open it all the way lol.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Paintless dent removal is great for all those dings. I have about ten removed and the car looks like new. You cannot tell there was ever a ding. Cheap too.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Paintless dent removal is great for all those dings. I have about ten removed and the car looks like new. You cannot tell there was ever a ding. Cheap too.
Do you do it for a living , or did you learn to do it on the side ?
Old 02-10-2006, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Do you do it for a living , or did you learn to do it on the side ?
I don't do it myself. I am a psychologist. My Mercedes dealer keeps a PDR-guy on site to help us out when we come in for service.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Sounds like a good idea to me!

Old 02-09-2007, 04:03 PM

2000 CLK 430 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by williamlroy

+1. U-shaped shank left under reat tire. Poof!
Old 02-09-2007, 04:30 PM

E500
Man, you guys have had some wild experiences.

Eggs if left to bake out in the sun on a car can really, really hurt the paint.
I'm not sure if parking away from a large group of cars is a great idea.
Kinda makes it seem you're "too good" to park next to everyone else even though you're just trying to avoid an accident.

Sad fact of life, there are evil people out there...and their cars have a blue and white badge with the letters B.M.W. on it.(J/k- I had a 740iL, and i'm not evil.)
Old 02-10-2007, 07:31 PM

my benz has really taken some punishment...the parking at my school is so jampacked and my car has been slammed by doors at least 5 times already! i have 3 dents on the side with 3 different paint.

now i just try to park next to really nice cars...but the problem is when those nice cars next to you leave some cheap car comes in and bangs your benz with there door hard...

why are so many people haters...some guy hated on me he drives a honda and then he said oh what type of benz you got i said a 06 c230 and he said so what thats the cheapest benz...

still cost more then his ride.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
more reason to shop online for stuff
Old 02-10-2007, 08:42 PM

05 CL65AMG / 00 BMW M5
I usually avoid taking my car to the mall but if I have to then I drive around and wait for the best parking spot I can get. This is as close to the mall doors possible. Parking near the entrance cuts down the chances of vandalizum because people are constantly walking or driving by. Remember vandals are cowards...They do these things when no one is around to see or challange them.

I also like spots next to the curb. Parking beside the curb cuts the chance of getting a door ding by 50%. I dont ever park beside any car that looks like the owner doesn't care about it.

If I cant get a spot up close or dont have time to wait I park really far but still make sure the car is still visable to traffic.

I fiqure if something happens to the car after all this effort then so be it. Its out of my hands and thats what insurance is for.

I really miss my 1991 Corvette ZR1... Fiberglass never got a door ding.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by AKxSpyO
Buffing it out with Sonus SFX-1 and SFX-2 polishes and using Lubricant Glyde should prtect it.
Jeeesuuss!!! After seeing your sig, I'm going to get a Flint Grey E55.