Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Anyone know a good quick detailer product?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Anyone know a good quick detailer product?

since it got a "little" warmer these past few weeks in NY i washed it last week and waxed my car. wow it needed the wax trust me. yesterday i washed my car and its been in the garage since i knew it was going to rain today. i bought a bottle of quick detailer as i have heard how fast and quick it is to give the car a shine. i bought the eagle quick detailer and some new microfiber towels. i'm going to go try it today but anyone know a good brand? or any experience with the eagle 1???
Old 02-22-2009, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in your Mom's car
Meguiars Quik Detailer. I've used it on every single one of my cars. I use it on my chrome rims too. It works wonders. I've never used anything else.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:56 AM

a g
Eagle One makes great products, I've used their quick detailer on my cars for years with great results. But I should say you need to make sure you get a good base to start with. Just simply using a quick detailer is not going to achieve what it was meant for. I'm guessing you know that you need a good base.

I would wash and dry the car, then clay bar it (even if it is really clean), then wax it with your preferred wax. Then regularly between washes you can use the quick detailer for its intended purpose.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Inf4life
Meguiars Quik Detailer. I've used it on every single one of my cars. I use it on my chrome rims too. It works wonders. I've never used anything else.
It's inexpensive and works decently. I'm sure some of the more expensive quick detailers will work better, but for what it is, it's great.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4matic
meguiars quik detailer is a really, really good product. if you want to spend more money you can, but the best bang for the buck is definitely the meguiars. i use it regularly.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My recommendation depends on what you are looking for. Some quick detailers are designed to just help clean the surface. For these kind of Cleaning QD I recommend the Poorboy's World Spray and Wipe. If you want something that cleans and add some shine try the Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer. If you want some spray on protection (contains wax or sealant) try the Optimum Car Wax. Also if you want really strong spray on protection the Optimum Opti-Seal. This is a really strong form of protection that dries clear and doesn't have to be buffed off. This is just some of my favorite quick detailers. Let me know what you are trying to accomplish and I can provide some more recommendations if needed. We offer 10% off (coupon code 10offMBW) on all these products and shipping only takes 1 day to NY.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 02-23-2009, 10:54 PM

04 S430 4Matic/03 Ml 320/ 98' E320 4matic/ 73' slc 450/ 05 cherokee
Originally Posted by Inf4life
yup...quality detailer

really didnt expect it to be as good as it is...never used anything else since the first time i tried it!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
for the price the eagle 1 is a great product. since we're gettin hit with a blizzard the car is a mess again. i cant wait to wash/clay/wax/ it again
Old 03-02-2009, 01:53 PM

04 S430 4Matic/03 Ml 320/ 98' E320 4matic/ 73' slc 450/ 05 cherokee
Originally Posted by BlackLiquorish8
for the price the eagle 1 is a great product. since we're gettin hit with a blizzard the car is a mess again. i cant wait to wash/clay/wax/ it again

ahh i cant stand this freaking snow! the past few days were actually decent too! ugh...thank god we live in the northeast..
Old 03-02-2009, 11:45 PM

04' C32 AMG & 90' TT 300ZX
Originally Posted by Greg@DI
My recommendation depends on what you are looking for. Some quick detailers are designed to just help clean the surface. For these kind of Cleaning QD I recommend the Poorboy's World Spray and Wipe. If you want something that cleans and add some shine try the Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer. If you want some spray on protection (contains wax or sealant) try the Optimum Car Wax. Also if you want really strong spray on protection the Optimum Opti-Seal. This is a really strong form of protection that dries clear and doesn't have to be buffed off. This is just some of my favorite quick detailers. Let me know what you are trying to accomplish and I can provide some more recommendations if needed. We offer 10% off (coupon code 10offMBW) on all these products and shipping only takes 1 day to NY.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Meguiars products are really popular. Are you guys going to be carrying them anytime soon?
Old 03-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by redfarsi
Meguiars products are really popular. Are you guys going to be carrying them anytime soon?
There is a good chance we'll have some of them in the not too distant future. We'll keep you and the other forum members posted on when we finalize our decision.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 03-05-2009, 09:00 AM

2003 E500
I actually have a bunch of quick detailers for different scenarios. You have to find the right balance for what you are going to do. The trade off on them is more cleaning veruss more shine. Some are definitely easier to use than others. The one I run to most though is the one from Adam's Polishes. I also like Poorboys Spray and Wipe if what I am cleaning needs more cleaning than shining (and to be safe).

I have used both the Meg's and Eagle One products. Not bad, but IMO, have way too much silicone on them, and lean very heavily on the "shine" side, versus clean. They are also harder to work with in cold and hot temperatures. The other two mentioned above are far easier to use, and yes, while a little more expensive, are well worth it.

I like the Optimum products as well, but only use them post-washing.