Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Swissvax and Fuzion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
Swissvax and Fuzion

Swissvax on the 07 Bluetec and Fuzion on the 99 Expedition. More July-09 pictures are in my album. The black cars looked good before but now look even better.

I love Swissvax
Attached Thumbnails Swissvax and Fuzion-p1020817.jpg   Swissvax and Fuzion-p1020801.jpg   Swissvax and Fuzion-p1020804.jpg  

Last edited by pinebaron; 07-14-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 STI
looks great thanks for sharing!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1991 560SEC Teal 1989 420SEL Ice Blue 1984 500SEC White
Originally Posted by pinebaron
Swissvax on the 07 Bluetec and Fuzion on the 99 Expedition. More July-09 pictures are in my album. The black cars looked good before but now look even better.

I love Swissvax
The paint finish looks flat and swirless is it that way?
They look clean.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 E320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by BENZITCH
The paint finish looks flat and swirless is it that way?
They look clean.
It is absolutely just that; flat and swirless. My goal is to inspire others to make their cars look great; even older cars can look flawless like my 1999 Ford Expedition which after 128k miles, never garaged and facing the elements. The only limitations are time, effort, patience to get it done right and some funds for easily available material and equipment.

Last edited by pinebaron; 07-15-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1991 560SEC Teal 1989 420SEL Ice Blue 1984 500SEC White
It is absolutely just that; flat and swirless. My goal is to inspire others to make their cars look great; even older cars can look flawless like my 1999 Ford Expedition which after 128k miles, never garaged and facing the elements. The only limitations are time, effort, patience to get it done right and some funds for easily available material and equipment.
I have lighter colored cars and one black 1991 Olds 98 though.
Where did you get the Swissvax and Fuzion.
I see you are from Jersey also and just down 295 from me. I'm in Merecerville.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 E320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by BENZITCH
I have lighter colored cars and one black 1991 Olds 98 though.
Where did you get the Swissvax and Fuzion.
I see you are from Jersey also and just down 295 from me. I'm in Merecerville.
From Detailers Domain and Autogeek respectively.
Whites and Silvers also look great as can any other light color. I can speak for these colors since my other two cars are White and Silver.

Don't let me fool you with Swissvax and Fuzion; these are final wax coats to protect the paintwork and provide ultimate shine and glow you see.

A full detail should include:
Wash to remove old wax etc., Clay to remove contaminents followed by a gentle wash, buff out swirl marks using various grades of swirl mark removers depending on level and depth of swirls and remaining paint thickness on vehicle, wash to remove residue left from removing swirl marks, use paint conditioner if required (useful on older cars), then use a good paint sealant to provide 3-6 months of protection, let sealant soak for several hours or overnight, buff to a shine, wax and buff, wax and buff and then paintwork should look amazing. I am not sure if I missed any steps.
Regular maintenance and cleaning is somewhat simpler but required nevertheless.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=pinebaron;3625304]From Detailers Domain and

Wash to remove old wax etc., Clay to remove contaminents followed by a gentle wash, buff out swirl marks using various grades of swirl mark removers depending on level and depth of swirls and remaining paint thickness on vehicle, wash to remove residue left from removing swirl marks, use paint conditioner if required (useful on older cars), then use a good paint sealant to provide 3-6 months of protection, let sealant soak for several hours or overnight, buff to a shine, wax and buff, wax and buff and then paintwork should look amazing
/QUOTE]

Definitely not the way to take care of your car! Most newer cars today have "CLEAR COAT"...wax, buffers, swirl mark removers all have abrasive materials in them that will KILL your clear coat....I use Zanio....because it works! Check them out on the web.....or better yet look at vetteforum or Porsche forum and see how many guys there are true beleivers!
Old 08-02-2009, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 E320 Bluetec
[QUOTE=hpdrifter;3650285]
From Detailers Domain and

Wash to remove old wax etc., Clay to remove contaminents followed by a gentle wash, buff out swirl marks using various grades of swirl mark removers depending on level and depth of swirls and remaining paint thickness on vehicle, wash to remove residue left from removing swirl marks, use paint conditioner if required (useful on older cars), then use a good paint sealant to provide 3-6 months of protection, let sealant soak for several hours or overnight, buff to a shine, wax and buff, wax and buff and then paintwork should look amazing
/QUOTE]

Definitely not the way to take care of your car! Most newer cars today have "CLEAR COAT"...wax, buffers, swirl mark removers all have abrasive materials in them that will KILL your clear coat....I use Zanio....because it works! Check them out on the web.....or better yet look at vetteforum or Porsche forum and see how many guys there are true beleivers!
I don't see Zanio being used in top detailing jobs with pictures on this page. This is the Mercedes Benz forum, why would I look up a Porsche forum when I have enough reading material here.

Even my 1999 Ford Expedition has clear coat; clear coat has been in use for some time now. Assuming a goal is to remove swirl marks, one needs to know which abrasive and how much and with which pad/s and buffer to use. Always commence with a mild abrasive swirl mark remover with a least aggressive pad then work your way up to get the desired result.

There are several excellent 'How to' articles/stickies on the first page of this detailing forum; it may be worth your while going through these.

Last edited by pinebaron; 08-02-2009 at 02:07 PM.