Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Anyone tried Dr.Colorchip???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Anyone tried Dr.Colorchip???

I was reading car and driver today and in the back which i usually don't read i saw an ad for road rash cure. I have a black car... so i can chips all the time... anyone try this??? I figure I would give it a try and buy it tomorrow probably

http://drcolorchip.com/

i'm thinking about just getting the road rash kit... i have a bunch of chips in the front bumper, hood, and a few on the fenders. W/e I don't use I will save.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

NA
Originally Posted by BlackLiquorish8
I was reading car and driver today and in the back which i usually don't read i saw an ad for road rash cure. I have a black car... so i can chips all the time... anyone try this??? I figure I would give it a try and buy it tomorrow probably

i'm thinking about just getting the road rash kit... i have a bunch of chips in the front bumper, hood, and a few on the fenders. W/e I don't use I will save.
I've had a couple of clients' cars done by our local color chip guy. Now it could be that's I'm OCD, but i wasn't too impressed with the results. It looks good from about 6 feet away, but up close, you'll still see the areas that were touched up.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SOLD both: 1987 560SL 2003 ML320
I had good luck with Dr. Color Chip. I used the road rash kit on the front spoiler of my 560SL and it looks fantastic. I think white is a more forgiving color, however. I still have plenty and I intend to fix other body chips.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Originally Posted by karburn
I had good luck with Dr. Color Chip. I used the road rash kit on the front spoiler of my 560SL and it looks fantastic. I think white is a more forgiving color, however. I still have plenty and I intend to fix other body chips.

thanks guys... i will purchase the road rash kit also, when i bought my car used as a CPO i noticed some chips were fixed and filled in but after many miles and washing, and waxing the filler is no longer there... i hope this kit works well ofcourse i don't expect it to look as good as a new paint job but as long as i can't see them from a few feet away i'm happy. i won't put a clear bra on the front end anyways so i think this is the best route to go.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
i just bought the road rash kit, i hope they ship quickly! i can't wait to use it and make that black paint esp the front end and bumper nice again... i just hate how the wax just filled the damn chips in and makes the car look like someone open fire with a shotgun on my front end... and the black wax just doesnt hold up after a few washes i will take before and after pics
Old 07-03-2010, 07:05 PM

dr color chip

all i can say i wow!....i have a black 2006 sl65 and after my last detail i noticed at least 25 little white chips that really bothered me....i wasnt sure how good the product would work but figured i'd take a shot....took me about an hour and my car looks simply amazing....this product is well worth the $50.....
Old 07-03-2010, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chuckbeatin
all i can say i wow!....i have a black 2006 sl65 and after my last detail i noticed at least 25 little white chips that really bothered me....i wasnt sure how good the product would work but figured i'd take a shot....took me about an hour and my car looks simply amazing....this product is well worth the $50.....
do you have any pictures of before and after.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:57 PM

2006 CLS55, 2005 Boxster-S
i hada mobile guy come out and fix all these white chips on my black CLS55. I was amazed at the results. If you are thinking about respraying do this first. you won't regret it.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:52 AM

Diamond White C63 coupe + PP
Originally Posted by BlackLiquorish8

Hi BlackLiquorish,

Ordered 3 colors, flint grey, diamond white and VW golf R candy white.

Diamond white is not the best match (but still good) as it is a tri color but the other 2 are excellent.

Tried it on all the cars and I reasonably happy with the result. It will never fill the dents but it definitely takes away the glaring white undercoat especially with the flint grey or dark color paint work.

I am especially please with the result with flint grey color. Some deeper dents I had to do the repair 2 to 3 times. Depending on the angle you are looking at, I sometimes had to look hard to find where the dents were after the repair.

Below are before and sfter shots. Remember these shots are taken with 100mm macro lens so you are looking at very very close range. From say 2-3 feet away you have to look hard to find it. Real life result looks better than the photo.

Please note, nothing beats total respray. This method is a great compromise and more important it is so easy to use.

Perry

Before repair

After fisrt attempt

After second attempt

Looking from different angle further away
Old 02-19-2012, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
I've used it this past year on my Diamond Black (Looks blue in certain lighting) C55. It's ok actually -- not perfect, but definitely improved things. I had several paint chips and some rash on my hood, front bumper and mirrors. I also had a deep scratch on the rear bumper where a grocery bag dropped on it and I was surprised that I was actually able to improve the look of that. The color match they sent was pretty close as far as I can tell. I have one chip on my hood that is proving to be a real pain (my fault as I used the horrid Mercedes paint pen on it first). I think that with some practice I'll become better with each application and be able to get better results. I would rate this product a 7.5 out of 10 (10 being a complete repaint). I think the moral of the story is get some kind of clear bra protection on your car and you'll avoid having to do things like this in the first place...........

Last edited by wawy; 02-19-2012 at 12:40 PM.