Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

How to better see wax on a silver car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
How to better see wax on a silver car

As the title says, do people use certain lights in their garage to better see wax on their silver cars? I was having a tough time earlier see which parts of the car I had already applied wax. Fluorescent lamps?
Old 11-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA
Originally Posted by gsrjc
As the title says, do people use certain lights in their garage to better see wax on their silver cars? I was having a tough time earlier see which parts of the car I had already applied wax. Fluorescent lamps?
If you tilt you head back and forth, you'll see the haze under any lighting. Just watch where you're applying the wax. Remember, just because you don't see the wax, doesn't mean you haven't applied it. As long as you watch your hands and picture where you're rubbing, you should have a good application. As you wipe off the wax, you'll even out everything. If you're further concerned, then apply another coat as well. Depending on what wax you're using, it should only take about 15-30 minutes to wax your car.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
If you tilt you head back and forth, you'll see the haze under any lighting. Just watch where you're applying the wax. Remember, just because you don't see the wax, doesn't mean you haven't applied it. As long as you watch your hands and picture where you're rubbing, you should have a good application. As you wipe off the wax, you'll even out everything. If you're further concerned, then apply another coat as well. Depending on what wax you're using, it should only take about 15-30 minutes to wax your car.
Thanks. That is basically what I did is to move a section at a time that was the size of my applicator. I just thought there was some kind of light or something that you could shine to see it. I use either the Chemical Guys 50/50 or the Dojo Juice Supernatural. I found that the Chemical Guys was easier to see on my ML while the Dojo on my C63 was a little harder. I could definitely tell that the entire car had wax when I removed it though.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:37 AM

benz
Yeah you are right..there is a light which will help you to make difference between the waxed part and non waxed part...you can easily trace that...you can try this..may be this will be helpful for you..
Old 11-30-2009, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by marrymathew
Yeah you are right..there is a light which will help you to make difference between the waxed part and non waxed part...you can easily trace that...you can try this..may be this will be helpful for you..
I don't see anything.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK55 AMG, SL55 AMG, C55 AMG
A good halogen work light with stand can be had for around $20-30 and is great for looking at paints that tend to hide products (like silver). You should also be able to spot any imprefections or missed areas in direct sunlight as well.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Nokiemon
A good halogen work light with stand can be had for around $20-30 and is great for looking at paints that tend to hide products (like silver). You should also be able to spot any imprefections or missed areas in direct sunlight as well.
Thanks
Old 12-23-2009, 05:16 PM

Nissan xterra
do the finger test as well...swipe your finger across it and if you remove anything, its there...if not, well....