Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Somebody keyed my car. :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 Sport
Somebody keyed my car. :(

I walked outside today and noticed a nice size scatch on the drivers side of my car going from mid back door to mid front door. Stupid people have no lives. Its not deep just an eye sore. I tried using turtle wax to take it out but no luck.. Any suggestions as to products that will get the job done.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by Yasmin212
I walked outside today and noticed a nice size scatch on the drivers side of my car going from mid back door to mid front door. Stupid people have no lives. Its not deep just an eye sore. I tried using turtle wax to take it out but no luck.. Any suggestions as to products that will get the job done.
Sorry Man, check the C32/C55 forums, some guys bought some touch up stuff that seemed to work. Thats just sucks!! Next time get a Honda for a DD, no one will even look at it!!
Old 11-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

NA
Can you post a picture. You won't be able to remove scratches felt by your fingernail by hand. You'll need a polisher. I would say to find a reputable detailer or body shop and have them take a look at it. They should be able to fix it quickly and it shouldn't cost too much either. Sorry to hear that, it sucks when things like this happen.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:46 PM

2006 C230 Sport
Its a very light scratch it doesnt get caught on my nail.. i took a picture; not the greatest picture.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

NA
Its a very light scratch it doesnt get caught on my nail.. i took a picture; not the greatest picture.

The area over your door handle looks pretty deep. Are you sure your nail doesn't slightly catch it?
Old 11-30-2009, 06:31 AM

benz
I think you should contact the authorised dealor for this problem...there are amny types of wax available in the market if one doesn't work other will do...there is no need to worry about it..
Old 11-30-2009, 03:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'95 S500 '93 500 SEL
Wax will not remove the scratch. Go get Maguires Scratch X and a mirco fiber towel. You will be able to greatly reduce it by hand. It will take elbow grease though.

Kevin
Old 12-01-2009, 06:37 PM

german car v6
Originally Posted by kevinpuri
Wax will not remove the scratch. Go get Maguires Scratch X and a mirco fiber towel. You will be able to greatly reduce it by hand. It will take elbow grease though.

Kevin
a good breakfast before u get that scratch out ,
watch your pressure , if the scratch is too deep don`t try to remove it , made it hard to see and use wax with fillers .....
Old 12-01-2009, 08:53 PM

CL500 and ML55
I had a guy do a key scratch on my car with this paint they use for filling swirl marks. Not sure what the product was but he rubbed it on with his hands with gloves on then buffed it when it dried. Repeated application finally filled the scratch and it could not be seen at all! He was one of those guys that do detailing for car lots... He did not think it would work but kept going over it to make me happy because I paid him to do the entire car. He was quite surprised at the outcome- now does it as a side business as well. I wish I could remember the name of the product to be of more help. Try talking to some of the guys that do that at auto dealers for swirl remover.

Good Luck!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK55 AMG, SL55 AMG, C55 AMG
If the scratch is not too deep and has not broken the paint, a good polishing compound such as Meguiars 105 and/or 205 should clean it up easily. Meguiars Scratch Remover would be a good start for a DYI product.

Wax will not fill or correct so you need something with some grit to polish it out.

Rule of thumb is always start with the least abrasive product first and move up to more aggressive compounds if that does not work.

If you are not comfortable with trying it yourself, a good body shop should not charge you too much to correct.

MB paints are hard and their cermamic clear coat can be tough to work on if you are not used to them, so proceed with care and/or get it done professionally.