Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Meguiars Products

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2003 | 08:49 AM

2002 S-430
Meguiars Products

I have a 2002 S-430. Yesterday I used Meguiars professional products to wash, polish and wax the car. The products I used were as follows:

1. High Tech Yellow Wash #00

2. High Tech Yellow Show Car Glaze #7

3. High Tech Yellow Wax #26

The results were amazing. These are professional use products meguiars makes and strongly reccomend them.
Old 07-05-2003 | 11:05 AM
moomeh

i tried meguires. i liked zaino better. it lasts longer and gives more glow for my capri blue benzy.
Old 07-06-2003 | 05:55 PM

05 CLK 500 cab
I don't use the 00 wash but have used the other two and agree the results are great. In response to an earlier suggestion on this board I switched from #5 glaze to #7, which seems to provide a deeper gloss. They're good products.
Old 07-06-2003 | 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
meguiars makes decent products imo. I guess I have just been spoiled by the shine and durability of zaino. Yes megs number 7 does provide deep wet gloss. For easier use I would use meguiars Body shop professional hand polish.
Old 07-07-2003 | 06:51 PM

Mercedes CLK 430
Smile

Meguirs makes a lot of products for the professional line as well as products for the every day consumer. Zaino makes some very good products as does meguirs. I still have not found something better than Meguirs quick detailer. I love that stuff.
Old 07-24-2003 | 08:31 PM

2003 E320
Meguiar'sr Products on LEATHER 2003 E

I have a 2003 E with full leather.

I bought Maquires DEEP CRYSTAL POLISH to try to polish the swirl marks from the paint. It does't work as well as I thought, then again I only used one coat/hand buff on it.

I also use this product on the wood to get the fine scratches off. It seems to work alot better for that. But the problem I now have is this.

While polishing the wood I got some of the cream on parts of the black vinyl/leather such as around the **** handle, glove box.

I also use, and thinkging about changing, Meguirars GOLD CLASS
Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner, the problem with this is, its a cream and very hard not to keep out of the perferations on the seats. And it does nothing to get the Polish off of the areas described above. I have tried soap/water but the polish is not coming out of the little grooves in the dash material.

So I would like some recemondation on products to use to take the polish off of the dash material AND products to use on the leather that is SIMPLE but not a cream.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2003 | 05:34 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK320
CaptMike, I feel your pain. I used the same Meguirars GOLD CLASS leather cleaner conditioner on my steering and now, there's cream (dried) in the grooves around the stichings. I tried to use a wet cloth but it is not coming out.

So how do we get it out? Any insight would be most appreciated.
Old 07-28-2003 | 07:10 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK320
Answering my own question

looks like this may be the thing to clean out the cream stucked in the leather grooves.

http://www.leatherique.com/prod02.htm

Leatherique Prestine Clean

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 08-16-2003 | 11:00 PM

I like the Meguiars BSP products but IMO the Detailer Line is also great. I use Klasse For Sealing topped with S100 and soon to be Poorboys EX.
Old 08-27-2003 | 05:40 PM

2018 E400 COUPE SOLD -> Porsche Taycan 4S
i have a related question to meguirs products. has anyone used the meguirs swirl remover? lookin for some feedback on this product as my black clk is a pain in the a@@ to keep swirls out....

Old 09-08-2003 | 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E300
Isn't the Zaino take a number of steps? Anything you guys recommend for a fewer steps for a daily driver. Currently I use the Meguiars 3-step treatment...
Old 09-09-2003 | 12:30 AM

2003 E320
Yeah, I'm waiting also. I do not want a multi step leather product.

I want a product that is NOT a cream that gets into the perforations and crevesis. Should be a clear liquid.

HELP
Old 09-09-2003 | 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
Re: Answering my own question

Originally posted by DCCLK
looks like this may be the thing to clean out the cream stucked in the leather grooves.

http://www.leatherique.com/prod02.htm

Leatherique Prestine Clean

Let me know what you guys think.
DCCLK, leatherique should take care of that for you. Go ahead and get the rejuvenator oil and Pristine clean. Apply it using the instructions posted on the forum in a sticky thread.

Originally posted by byip25
i have a related question to meguirs products. has anyone used the meguirs swirl remover? lookin for some feedback on this product as my black clk is a pain in the a@@ to keep swirls out....

to avoid getting swirls in the first place follow the washing instructions thread at the top of the forum. Meguiars #9 2.0 swirl remover is good however don't expect it to remove heavier swirls, you will need Dual action cleaner polish (meguiars #83) or 3M Finesse it 2 finishing material. I highly recommend using a buffer (instructions at the top of the forum).
Old 09-09-2003 | 03:19 PM

2018 E400 COUPE SOLD -> Porsche Taycan 4S
thanks! i do follow the washing instructions on the forum. they have been really helpful over the time i've started following them. but i still have some swirls on my black clk. would a zaino product do the trick vs a meguirs product? and which zaino? #5 or #6?