Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

What is the Best Tire Shine Out There?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the Best Tire Shine Out There?

I was wondering, what kind of tire shine is the most reflective and best looking. Would it be the foam kind or spray kind? Thanks for your help!

-pks485
Old 08-13-2003, 11:22 AM

Any Ideas?

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2003, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
i personally think Zaino Z16 is the best one I have ever used.. however it is not the glossiest.... I do not like the look of extremly oily/glossy tire shine, looks unnatural and usually sprays off all over the car. Zaino Z16 is a water based dressing, does not fling off or make the tire brown and lasts a while! If you want super glossy dressing, get turtle wax tire gel trilicone formula.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:50 PM

C230Kompressor
I've had good luck with the Meguier's Endurance High Gloss. The funny thing is, I don't like it at first-too oily. But after a wash or rain, it's about right. I do two coats, a day apart, and it lasts (black, even, and 'original' looking, but not oily) for around a month. You do have to watch out for sling-only do it when your car can sit overnight. Has this funky grape smell, too...
Old 08-13-2003, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by KOMPRESSORnSC
I've had good luck with the Meguier's Endurance High Gloss. The funny thing is, I don't like it at first-too oily. But after a wash or rain, it's about right. I do two coats, a day apart, and it lasts (black, even, and 'original' looking, but not oily) for around a month. You do have to watch out for sling-only do it when your car can sit overnight. Has this funky grape smell, too...
yea i dont like waiting for tire shine to dry.. i dunno. I usually want to go drive my car after washing/cleaning it, hehe. Here are some pics of the C320 with Z16 on the tires. CLICK HERE
Old 08-13-2003, 11:10 PM

simple method

I just put a nice coat on after washing (usually BlackMagic) with a small sponge paint brush.I let is sit for a few minutes and then just take a slightly damp cloth and wipe the entire sidewall.It removes any excess and leaves just enough so that the tire is clean and bright without an overly oily wet look.Virtually no sling at all and it looks great.I have a white car so its very important to keep sling to a minimum.Nothing I hate more then spending a couple hours making the car look really sick,only to have it ruined within a few minutes of cruising around.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:46 AM

Audi, Porsche
I agree with Al on the Zaino Z16...maybe the best product they have IMO. Not as glossy as others I have tried, but long lasting. It is fantastic on the black wing of my 928S4...glossier look on this material and lasts forever (no rain driving for the garage queen!).
Old 08-16-2003, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Originally posted by KOMPRESSORnSC
Yea I heard that stuff was reallly good. Right now I just use some cheap turtle wax spray foam thing..looks decent enough.