Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Tried Pinnacle body shampoo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 08:48 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 182 Posts
Tried Pinnacle body shampoo

Well I finally got the Pinnacle car shampoo and although it really smells nice and costs $18 for a small bottle, it still took away that silky feel from my freshly waxed car Does anyone know of a wash that trluly won't take away that smooth feeling of a waxing after washed? I've tried the following washes so far:

Pinnacle
Kit Wash w/ Carnuba
Meguire's Gold Class
Tutrle-Wax Wash
Rain-X with Carnuba Beads

I'm getting temped to break out the baby shampoo
Old 08-16-2003, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
P21S Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo?

LOL I get a good chuckle out of that name!
Old 08-16-2003, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try Zymol

Seems to work the best for me.Still leaves a silky fee,and the water always beeds as if the car was just waxed,lots of tiny little beeds.It also smells awesome and cleans very well.

That RainX with the carnuba beeds looks cool,you didn't like it at all?Tell me about it.....
Old 08-16-2003, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marta
I don't think there is a body shampoo that keeps the silky feel of wax after washing. I just wax after every wash. Maybe you could try doing some sort of quick spray wax to get that silky feeling back...the rest of the wax is still under there- even though it doesn't feel like it.
Old 08-16-2003, 03:00 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Try Zymol

Originally posted by E500Lorinser
Seems to work the best for me.Still leaves a silky fee,and the water always beeds as if the car was just waxed,lots of tiny little beeds.It also smells awesome and cleans very well.

That RainX with the carnuba beeds looks cool,you didn't like it at all?Tell me about it.....
It does look cool but it seems to have left my freshly waxed car (right home from delivery) with a squeaky clean feel to the touch and again no silky feel anymore. The labels on most of these products say that they will clean major road grime grease etc and not strip wax, but they've all taken away the feel I love after a waxing no matter what wax I've used. I guess in order to remove road grime etc how can they not remove some of the oils from the wax? I would use just plain water on my silver cars (providing the car was only lightly dirty) and never had to worry about fine scratches showing but on my new black car I need the lubrication from the suds/oils in car shampoos to guard against scratches. I really just need a product that's extra extra mild as my car never gets really that dirty.
Have not tried Zymol yet.
Old 08-16-2003, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: Re: Try Zymol

Originally posted by RJC
It does look cool but it seems to have left my freshly waxed car (right home from delivery) with a squeaky clean feel to the touch and again no silky feel anymore. The labels on most of these products say that they will clean major road grime grease etc and not strip wax, but they've all taken away the feel I love after a waxing no matter what wax I've used. I guess in order to remove road grime etc how can they not remove some of the oils from the wax? I would use just plain water on my silver cars (providing the car was only lightly dirty) and never had to worry about fine scratches showing but on my new black car I need the lubrication from the suds/oils in car shampoos to guard against scratches. I really just need a product that's extra extra mild as my car never gets really that dirty.
Have not tried Zymol yet.
RJC, a few things you have to understand. You are probably feeling it right after washing. Hose water is usually very cold and your hands are usually sweaty and clammy after washing. This will make it feel like your hands are dragging on the paint. Second, you shouldn't be touching your paint anyway! You want finger prints/smudge marks on your clean black car!!! not me! Even worse when a slight film of dust gets on it, you touch the car and it will be instantly scratched. I think you should try Zaino, it leaves the finish incredibly slick and will last much longer than that mothers stuff. Please let me know if you have any more questions. Also leave it in the sun for an hour or so after washing, then feel the paint. Should feel smoother.
Old 08-16-2003, 03:11 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by ajayz
I don't think there is a body shampoo that keeps the silky feel of wax after washing. I just wax after every wash. Maybe you could try doing some sort of quick spray wax to get that silky feeling back...the rest of the wax is still under there- even though it doesn't feel like it.
I agree, I think most of the products out there are multi use for all conditions and all dirt levels combined. I just wish they'd make different grades ie; normal use, extra cleaning for winter and heavy dirt and extra, extra mild for light dirt etc. I do find myself going over the car with a quick detailer now that I have to use a car shampoo (due to the black paint, can't get away with plain water like on the silver cars) to keep the feel I love. Someone on this forum did a section by section comparison on the hood of their car with many different waxes...it would be really cool to see the same with car shampoos.

Trending Topics

Old 08-16-2003, 03:26 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Re: Try Zymol

Originally posted by AlBoston
RJC, a few things you have to understand. You are probably feeling it right after washing. Hose water is usually very cold and your hands are usually sweaty and clammy after washing. This will make it feel like your hands are dragging on the paint. Second, you shouldn't be touching your paint anyway! You want finger prints/smudge marks on your clean black car!!! not me! Even worse when a slight film of dust gets on it, you touch the car and it will be instantly scratched. I think you should try Zaino, it leaves the finish incredibly slick and will last much longer than that mothers stuff. Please let me know if you have any more questions. Also leave it in the sun for an hour or so after washing, then feel the paint. Should feel smoother.
Hi Al. Down here in S Florida the water's luke warm at it's coldest, I miss cold water right out of the hose, reminds me of when I was a kid up north. I only touch the car right after its been washed and dried with a very towel dried hand (know exactly what your referring to) and in a tiny area, I lightly use a finger tip to check the feel. I 've heard many good things about Ziano and have not tried it yet, if I spend any more time with the car in the garage my girlfriend is going to have me commited. I must say that using the Pinnacle does make me feel better about trapping the light dirt and helping to float it away due to the extra oils I did get a special bottle (brand new formula) of their Soveriegn wax from them, stuff smells like a brandy alexander...MMMMM BBRAANNDDYY (that's for ajayz). The gentleman I spoke to at Pinnacle was very helpful and was a pleasure to deal with, can't wait to try this wax