Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Is Meguiars NXT Tech Wax abrasive or is it a pure wax?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is Meguiars NXT Tech Wax abrasive or is it a pure wax?

I wanted to be sure about this before buying: Does it take away paint?
Old 04-06-2004, 12:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Too quick on the 'enter' button

Like most synthetic waxes, NXT Tech Wax likes to be applied to a clean surface that has been prepped with a pre-wax cleaner; ColorX is an extra strength cleaner/wax which will restore the colour of any finish by cleaning and removing defects, oxidation, dirt build-up in the paint, as wells as general degradation. Easy to use, and can be used by hand or machine (Speed # 4).

ColorX or NXT Tech Wax will not remove paint...

~Hope this helps~

(I have written a methology for applying NXT products, if your interested just ask)
Old 04-06-2004, 08:37 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
The label says it's a Polish & Wax.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:11 PM

'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
I think NXT Tech Wax is actually a polymer, and ColorX is the polish/cleaner
Old 04-19-2004, 03:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NXT Tech Wax

I just got a reply from Meguiars assuring me that the NXT Tech Wax is Not absrasive and thus does not take away paint.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:33 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by RJC
The label says it's a Polish & Wax.
I apologize, I confused NXT with new Eagle One Nano Wax. :o
Old 04-19-2004, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK 430 Silver
Well then , is Nanowax an abrasive ?
Old 04-19-2004, 11:45 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nano wax is a Polish and Wax, a polish will remove light scratches so it does have an abrasive albeit a light one. If your car is new and black and "pre nano" paint avoid a polish unless your car really needs it as under certain lighting conditions you can see the superfine lines a polish will put in a super soft dark non metallic paint. If you still feel a slight grittyness under a freshly waxed car try a clay bar as this will remove that contamination without any abrasives, just be sure to keep the paint/bar well lubed with detail spray. If your car has light oxidation then you'll need a polish/cleaner. If your car's not a dark color then most newer type polish waxes are fine either way.

After you've spent the time waxing, polishing and or claying use Eagle One Wax As U Dry after every wash, it will keep that slippery feel to the paint that washing (even with the best car shampoos) removes and adds an nice extra layer of wax every time you dry the car, it's also great on the rims and keeps bird bombs from ecthing the paint...great stuff.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by RJC

After you've spent the time waxing, polishing and or claying use Eagle One Wax As U Dry after every wash, it will keep that slippery feel to the paint that washing (even with the best car shampoos) removes and adds an nice extra layer of wax every time you dry the car
hehe man u love rubbing that in! (j/k) Sorry that the pinnacle shampoo didn't help. U just love that buttery feel! Have you tried zaino yet?
Old 04-20-2004, 09:49 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Al, I still use the pinnacle shampoo its very good stuff but I hate it when I just wax my car and after two washes the silky feeling is lost and when the silkyness is gone so is some of the protection. I haven't done the Ziano thing yet. I wash my car twice a week and the Wax as u dry brings back the all the goodness everytime. I was really amazed that a big bird bomb that sat on my black car all day did not leave the acid ring!

Regards
Old 04-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Almost a Member!

E500 Black/Charcoal, Appearance and Premium Packages, Keyless Go and Remote Trunk Closer
Originally posted by RJC
...use Eagle One Wax As U Dry after every wash, it will keep that slippery feel to the paint that washing (even with the best car shampoos) removes and adds an nice extra layer of wax every time you dry the car, it's also great on the rims and keeps bird bombs from ecthing the paint...great stuff.
Hello,

Could you explain and /or elaborate on the process of using "Eagle One Nano Wax as you dry". I'm not sure I understand what I'm supposed to do.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Almost a Member!

E500 Black/Charcoal, Appearance and Premium Packages, Keyless Go and Remote Trunk Closer
Originally posted by RJC
...use Eagle One Wax As U Dry after every wash, it will keep that slippery feel to the paint that washing (even with the best car shampoos) removes and adds an nice extra layer of wax every time you dry the car, it's also great on the rims and keeps bird bombs from ecthing the paint...great stuff.
Hello,

Could you explain and /or elaborate on the process of using "Eagle One Nano Wax as you dry". I'm not sure I understand what I'm supposed to do.

Thanks
Old 04-22-2004, 10:33 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nano wax is not the wax as u dry product, that's another product by Eagle One.

Eagle One Wax As U Dry is a spray wax that is applied to the car while its still wet after washing, you spray one panel at a time and dry as you normally would. You'll experience as nice super smooth and shinny finish with an extra layer of protection. This product is not a replacement for when your car needs a cleaner/ wax or clay barring but perfect to keep that just waxed feeling and protection after each susequent wash. Use it on the rims too.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:25 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 G63 ; 981 boxster GTS
just used nxt

used NXT for first time on my p-car, slate grey metallic. i've had car for 6 months, have only used spray ons to this point. the car had some vertical scratches on the hood consistent with someone wiping with a bad towel. i was afraid to touch it to make it worse. the NXT took it right out. applied 2 coats on that area with modest elbow grease applied. stuff comes off easy and doesnt leave white residue. worth a shot. since i just used it , cant speak for long term effects, but off to a good start!
j.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:02 PM

'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
NXT Tech Wax contains cleaners

To correct a previous post, this from Megs MPhillips

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...ight=%2ANXT%2A
Old 05-05-2004, 10:35 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think the issue is cleaners vs abrasives. Cleaners are chemicals, generally petroleum distillates that removes stains and some coloring but are not abrasives. Some cleaner/waxes may have some abrasives as well but from what I've read NXT has no abrasives but may have chemical cleaners. A pure wax will only coat the paint and generally not remove any stains.

Last edited by RJC; 05-05-2004 at 10:39 PM.