Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Do Spray On Wax/Sealers Work?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 06:10 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
S550
Do Spray On Wax/Sealers Work?

Hi all;

I have just washed and waxed my gorgeous black 2008 S550 4Matic for the third time this week.

Am I OCD. Yes. Do I hate water spots? Yes. Does it rain 300 times a week in Boston? Yes. (Unless it is snowing)

So, I have been seeing ads for for F11 and the guy talking about it says, "F11; it's no joke." They make it look so easy. You spray it on a car, even if it was not washed on that given day, you wipe it off, buff it a bit and the car is gorgeous because the wax bonds with polymers to the finish. (Lord even knows what that means)

Is there anyone who can tell me if this F11 is good? I hear stores across the board from folks saying there love it to folks who say it is worthless. If you have any info on this, can you let me know? If you have a spray on product that YOU like and works well, can you make a recommendation?

PLEASE help me because really now, I can't wax this car one more time without having to go in for rotator cuff surgery. My best to you all and I wish you a safe and warm summer.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 651 Likes on 482 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
go check out GRIOTS products.

very nice and do what they say... little bit pricey but quality

They have 2 spray wax which is really a speed shine... for quick detailing...
Old 05-30-2019, 11:21 PM

S550
Originally Posted by ygmn
go check out GRIOTS products.

very nice and do what they say... little bit pricey but quality

They have 2 spray wax which is really a speed shine... for quick detailing...
Wonderfull!

Thanks so much.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
First off, you're waxing too much. Applying wax 3x in a week is only layering a product that naturally deteriorates, thus the top layer is not protecting the first layer...all are degrading at relatively the same rate.

You're better off waxing, then protecting with a quick detailer. I've had luck with many of the offerings from Chemical Guys. They have a couple different quick detail and spray on waxes, as well as a waterless wash product. I haven't been disappointed with any of them. The key factor I look for is how easy it is to buff clear and streak free. Some are better than others out there. If you're washing excessively due to a simple rain shower, a waterless wash product and proper MF towel handling technique (rolling wipe) would likely save you loads of time and mental anguish. I would encourage you to peruse the AMMO NYC youtube channel. Larry has the most informative technique videos, hands-down. His products are great, but pricey. The techniques he outlines though can be applied no matter what products you're using.

The following 2 users liked this post by RichardCranium3:
Reefer36 (08-05-2019), Yup497 (07-13-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 BMW 335is
yes, I love opti-seal
Old 06-25-2019, 11:40 PM

S550
GREAT! Thanks
Old 06-25-2019, 11:42 PM

S550
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
First off, you're waxing too much. Applying wax 3x in a week is only layering a product that naturally deteriorates, thus the top layer is not protecting the first layer...all are degrading at relatively the same rate.

You're better off waxing, then protecting with a quick detailer. I've had luck with many of the offerings from Chemical Guys. They have a couple different quick detail and spray on waxes, as well as a waterless wash product. I haven't been disappointed with any of them. The key factor I look for is how easy it is to buff clear and streak free. Some are better than others out there. If you're washing excessively due to a simple rain shower, a waterless wash product and proper MF towel handling technique (rolling wipe) would likely save you loads of time and mental anguish. I would encourage you to peruse the AMMO NYC youtube channel. Larry has the most informative technique videos, hands-down. His products are great, but pricey. The techniques he outlines though can be applied no matter what products you're using.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=v7d_UsDLXqo
This is great info. I thank you taking the time to write me.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:48 PM

S550
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=v7d_UsDLXqo
That is a great video. There is so much out there to learn.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:56 AM

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts
2020 GLE450 4Matic AMG-Line
I too was wondering about the F11 Top Coat sealer as its ads were "polluting" my Faceberg feed.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 134 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
Originally Posted by Bklyn
Hi all;

I have just washed and waxed my gorgeous black 2008 S550 4Matic for the third time this week.

Am I OCD. Yes. Do I hate water spots? Yes. Does it rain 300 times a week in Boston? Yes. (Unless it is snowing)

So, I have been seeing ads for for F11 and the guy talking about it says, "F11; it's no joke." They make it look so easy. You spray it on a car, even if it was not washed on that given day, you wipe it off, buff it a bit and the car is gorgeous because the wax bonds with polymers to the finish. (Lord even knows what that means)

Is there anyone who can tell me if this F11 is good? I hear stores across the board from folks saying there love it to folks who say it is worthless. If you have any info on this, can you let me know? If you have a spray on product that YOU like and works well, can you make a recommendation?

PLEASE help me because really now, I can't wax this car one more time without having to go in for rotator cuff surgery. My best to you all and I wish you a safe and warm summer.
You're in boston?
Old 09-18-2019, 02:48 PM

S550
Originally Posted by Jason B
You're in boston?
Boston indeed! Originally from Brooklyn.