Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Which mf-towel buy from autopia for windows?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-220CDI, VW Multivan 2.5TDI
Which mf-towel buy from autopia for windows?

Hi there,
any recommendations for a mf-towel from autopia? I am looking for a window towel and maybe a detailing towel as well. For drying I still use cotton at the moment.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mortenstein
Hi there,
any recommendations for a mf-towel from autopia? I am looking for a window towel and maybe a detailing towel as well. For drying I still use cotton at the moment.
For windows I use the detailing towels Detailing towels
I just bought 10 buffing towels from them. These are Fantastic! These are the buffing towels
I bought 10 of them. 2 for windows, 4 for polishing 2 for wax, two for quick detail spray.

For drying PLEASE try theseSonus Ultamiate Drying Towel It is heavy and soft. It works great with my California water blade.

Last edited by jonw440; 08-06-2004 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:16 AM

DF Concourse towels

I recommend getting DF Concourse microfiber towels. They aren't sold by Autopia, but I think they are the best microfiber towels out there. They are 100% cotton, so you have to wash them separately from your other MF towels. I have MF towels from properautocare, autogeek, and autobarn. All of them are pretty good, but do not compare to my DF Concourse MF towels.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2003 SL
Link please, Charlie

Thanks, Greg
Old 08-09-2004, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Another happy owner of the DF towel. It is very nice, indeed. Don't have a link, but if you go to autopia and do a search for DF towel, you'll find it.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:43 PM

Autopia "Discontinued" the DF towels. Thats why I recommended the SOnus Buffing Towel It's MUCH better than the DF towel. As a matter of fact as I type this Im waiting to buff off mt Klasse AIO with one.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Quote: Autopia "Discontinued" the DF towels. Thats why I recommended the SOnus Buffing Towel It's MUCH better than the DF towel. As a matter of fact as I type this Im waiting to buff off mt Klasse AIO with one.

~ One man’s opinion / observations ~

Autopia’s towels are a blend of polyester and polyamide Microfiber

Alpine Microfiber™ is DF Towel's trademark for micro fibre yarn. It is a process that combines 100% natural materials into very absorbent and soft yarn that will not scratch whatever surface it comes into contact with.

Traditional polyester/polyamide blend terry cloth Microfiber towels have fibres with hooked barbs for grabbing power, which makes them excellent towels for cleaning and scrubbing, it also means that are more likely to put micro scratches in your paint.

~ Hope this helps ~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon
Old 08-10-2004, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by TOGWT
Quote: Autopia "Discontinued" the DF towels. Thats why I recommended the SOnus Buffing Towel It's MUCH better than the DF towel. As a matter of fact as I type this Im waiting to buff off mt Klasse AIO with one.

Autopia’s towels are a blend of polyester and polyamide Microfiber

Alpine Microfiber™ is DF Towel's trademark for micro fibre yarn. It is a process that combines 100% natural materials into very absorbent and soft yarn that will not scratch whatever surface it comes into contact with.

Traditional polyester/polyamide blend terry cloth Microfiber towels have fibres with hooked barbs for grabbing power, which makes them excellent towels for cleaning and scrubbing, it also means that are more likely to put micro scratches in your paint.

~ Hope this helps ~

Please Read this article on Micro Fiber towels.
Microfiber article
Old 08-11-2004, 10:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Originally Posted by jonw440
Please Read this article on Micro Fiber towels.
Microfiber article
Quote: 1. General Purpose - This is typically a microfiber towel (16" by 16") with a standard terry cloth weave and an 80/20 blend of polyester and polyamide. The towel has no specific purpose, and will be equally adept wiping paint, glass, vinyl, plastic and leather. This towel will have a medium thickness (plush-ness) nap. If you do a lot of quick detailing on your car, this will be the towel you use most frequently.

3. Drying - There are two different microfiber toweling weaves that make good drying towels: terry cloth and waffle (Piqué) weave. I have found that a short terry loop or one of the offset (longer on one side than the other) terry loops work well for drying. If you choose a microfiber terry cloth with a heavy, plush nap, you won't be able to wring it out when it gets wet. My favorite drying towel material is the Piqué fabric that mimics a waffle pattern. It has the ability to wick up water like nothing else I've found or tested. According to Leo Cerruti, a manufacture of natural microfiber products, "[Piqué fabric] isn't more absorbent than terry but the ridges act as hundreds of little squeegees which push the water up into the cups giving the fabric time to absorb." As with the terry material, it's best to find a fabric that's not too heavy, or you won't be able to wring it out when it gets saturated. [Leo Cerruti, the owner of DF Towels]

Jonw440 what am I missing?

~ Hope this helps ~