Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Zanio Vs Meguiars NTX Vs Zymol

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brabus K3
Zanio Vs Meguiars NTX Vs Zymol

Hello,

Can anyone help me to decide between these?

Best Regards,

Ruben.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:14 PM

2005 SL 500
I would also consider Menzerna's FMJ and the detailing spray.

I'm sorry I can't speak for the other products that you mention but I can tell you that the result I get from Menzerna on my bril sil SL is incredible. Even better, it is extremely easy to apply and remove by hand.

Hopefully, some others can chime in for you.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
I've tried all 3 and have had the best results with Zaino.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:33 PM

I have tried Menzerna, Zaino, and NXT tech wax. To me its a matter of time and money, if u have the extra cash then buy the Zaino. If you want good results , and quick, then buy the tech wax. If your lost in between buy the menzerna. The only down fall of Zaino is its time consuming, and most benz owners, are usually busy. BUt nxt gives great results as well
Old 02-22-2005, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' 335i coupe
The tech wax is the bang for the buck. Completely worth the money($20?). And if you're not up to buying a 120$ kit from Zaino, but the tech wax, and you won't be dissapointed at all. I had used Nxt on a friends car to help him...first timer...and the results were amazing, I wanted to go buy a bottle for myself, but then I remembered, I gotta finish my gold glass first
Old 02-23-2005, 10:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
I don't understand how people can complain about the time involved with Zaino. I find this product to go on and wipe off in a very short time. Certainly no longer than the other two products listed.

As for the price, you don't need to buy a "$120 kit" to use Zaino. A $2 bottle of dawn (for the initial wash), a bottle of Z1 and a bottle of Z2 are all you need to get started. Or if you choose, you can purchase the accellorator and skip the Z1, and spend less time on the application.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally Posted by ano0oj
The tech wax is the bang for the buck. Completely worth the money($20?). And if you're not up to buying a 120$ kit from Zaino, but the tech wax, and you won't be dissapointed at all. I had used Nxt on a friends car to help him...first timer...and the results were amazing, I wanted to go buy a bottle for myself, but then I remembered, I gotta finish my gold glass first
I use the NXT on my wife's SUV. It does work nice. But I still think Zaino is much better, especially on a black or other dark color vehicle.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
Never used Zaino before, but I love NXT.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:05 PM
taylor192

Originally Posted by davis449
Never used Zaino before, but I love NXT.
Same. Love the NXT wax. Last application lasted 3 months of crappy Canadian winter weather. Zaino doesn't last as long AFAIK wihtout maintenance - which is difficult in -40C weather.

I have a silver car though, so even if I could get the perfect Zaino shine, it wouldn't be as noticable as on a black car, so dollar for dollar, NXT wins.

Nothing I've seen can beat the Mequires Gold Class wax, even on my silver car the results were amazing - yet it doesn't last more than a few weeks.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally Posted by taylor192
Same. Love the NXT wax. Last application lasted 3 months of crappy Canadian winter weather. Zaino doesn't last as long AFAIK wihtout maintenance - which is difficult in -40C weather.

I have a silver car though, so even if I could get the perfect Zaino shine, it wouldn't be as noticable as on a black car, so dollar for dollar, NXT wins.

Nothing I've seen can beat the Mequires Gold Class wax, even on my silver car the results were amazing - yet it doesn't last more than a few weeks.
I use NXT on my wife's car, and zaino on mine. I don't think the NXT outlast the zaino. I'm not sure what you mean as far as maintenance. The only maintenance I perform is a car wash every week or so. If I had a lighter color car, I would probably go with the NXT. Gold Class is nice (although I prefer the look of zaino), but as you said, it doesn't last long.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:30 PM
taylor192

Originally Posted by revstriker
I use NXT on my wife's car, and zaino on mine. I don't think the NXT outlast the zaino. I'm not sure what you mean as far as maintenance. The only maintenance I perform is a car wash every week or so. If I had a lighter color car, I would probably go with the NXT. Gold Class is nice (although I prefer the look of zaino), but as you said, it doesn't last long.
I haven't used Zaino (nor wish to, cause my silver car will never shine like a black car) yet from what I've read I thought that Zaino doesn't need to be completely re-applied if Z0? (I forget the number) or ZFX (???) was applied, and periodically addition coats of Z0? were applied.

People that swear by Zaino seem to add coats periodically, thus I haven't read a post stating how long Zaino actually lasted (and GURU reports hasn't done a comparo AFAIK) Its Mar 5th today and I used NXT the first weekend of Feb (6th maybe) and water still beads. If I remember I'll report next month if its still beading then.

Why NXT on hers and Zaino on yours? Why not just Zaino on both?
Old 03-06-2005, 12:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally Posted by taylor192
I haven't used Zaino (nor wish to, cause my silver car will never shine like a black car) yet from what I've read I thought that Zaino doesn't need to be completely re-applied if Z0? (I forget the number) or ZFX (???) was applied, and periodically addition coats of Z0? were applied.

People that swear by Zaino seem to add coats periodically, thus I haven't read a post stating how long Zaino actually lasted (and GURU reports hasn't done a comparo AFAIK) Its Mar 5th today and I used NXT the first weekend of Feb (6th maybe) and water still beads. If I remember I'll report next month if its still beading then.

Why NXT on hers and Zaino on yours? Why not just Zaino on both?
I last put a coat of Zaino on my car back in December. It still looks good when washed. But it is getting time for some more. I actually want to strip it and work out some of the swirl marks (they're not too bad), before I start over with the zaino. I've been bad recently, taking my car to the auto car wash.

I started using NXT on my wife's BMW for the same reason that you choose that over Zaino; it was silver. Plus, the NXT is easier to get, and cost less. She has since traded in her BMW for a Dark Gray Suburban. I've put about 4 coats of the NXT on this since November (2 coats at a time). I will probably stick with the NXT because of the price, and the fact that my wife really doesn't care if it has that deep Zaino shine like I do on mine. The NXT does do a good job with it.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:49 AM

'04 CL500 '08 ML320CDI
I've had great results with NXT on my previous dark green E420 and the wife's bright red Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. The first time I used it on my current brilliant silver E320 I was a little put off that it didn't seem to do as good a job as on the darker cars. But with our weather, I only had one chance last fall, so I'll have await spring - if it ever gets here! - for at least one more try with the NXT.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL500 and A-CLASS
Need to try Optimun spray on wax.

Take a look at these two wax jobs.

I used Meguiar's Gold Class car wash and Optimun spray on wax
http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/th...posts=3&fid=28

I used Meguiar's Gold Class car wash, Meguiar's Deep Crystal polish, and Meguiar's Gold Class wax.
http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/th...osts=18&fid=37