The build starts, 320 cdi with stand alone ecu, twin turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1985 300DT
Originally Posted by diesel2fast4u
Turbo's are VGT not VNT and have an electronic actuator so yes it does read the position
Holset turbos are VGT, yours are VNT.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:24 PM

Chrysler 300C CRD srt
Originally Posted by Whargoul
Holset turbos are VGT, yours are VNT.
yes
Old 03-07-2012, 10:30 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by Green E-300 DT

Good to be back here and with a 'proper' car too!

What really angers me is what MBZ tries to charge for that special
'tool' which should have come with the car in the first place.
I for one like to see what the oil level really is on a dipstick, not some readout message that says add or subtract oil!

At $105 USD, that is simply too much IMHO. I am on a fixed income!
Do you have one? Or anyone that does, couldn't anyone make one if they knew the measurements?
After all, its not rocket science. If you had just changed the oil and added the proper amount which takes I guess less than seven (7) liters,
could not anyone figure out where the level would be and mark a rod at that level and go from there?

Keep in touch and pass along any information you may know of, especially on making one of those homemade
dipstick bayonet gauges. Yes, that's what they used to be called . . See how old I am?

Confused...

I can see that. The factory oil measuring "tool" is used on many MB engines to accurately measure oil levels for calibrated consumption tests, among other things. It indeed does stick out the top of your tube because some engine or other uses a much longer dipstick, perhaps a truck engine. I own this tool because my 2001 C320 (thank God that's gone) had no dipstick and I felt that I needed one so spent the $110 for it. It soon became apparent that the V-6 gassers don't burn or leak oil so in short order I quit measuring it.

The face of the tool has two marked areas, one near the upper end and one near the lower, marked in what may be millimeters. The tool is inserted and removed and the level is observed and recorded. That number is then looked up on the chart for the engine being measured which shows the quantity. This document is printed out from the dealer tech's laptop and that's where I got the one for my M271.

So you can see that it takes both the tool and the relevant chart to use it for it's designed purpose.

Now that you understand, I'll be glad to sell you mine for fifty bucks if you still think you can't live without it.

BTW, I'm just passing by here since my diesel MB period ended in 1985.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:26 AM
JTY

What's the status of this project, is it dead has the engine blown