E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My E350 D6 Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 07:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
B8.5 Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Coupe
Re-badged..

Old 03-07-2012, 09:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'12 E550C, Sierra Denali
Looks great!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:09 PM

Thanks Just refitted the 19s yesterday, couple of shots of it.. got a few more bits being done to it tomorrow morning so will post those tomorrow!

Old 03-21-2012, 04:23 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Excellent, Nab!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:05 AM

thanks Al, how are you getting on with yours?

Update for today...

Carbon mirrors and straight-bar LED running lamps (and LED numberplate lights but not dark enough to take pics of that yet)

Old 03-22-2012, 05:43 PM

So it got dark enough...

Can see how nice and bright the licence plate lights are - there was someone on here (can't remember who) who'd said that the LED lights I got from a link I posted were cheap copies of the good ones but if these are cheap copies then they're pretty effing good!

And for those that are wondering how they were fitted, I got a guy at MB to do them for me - but he literally popped the black surround out from around the lights using some plastic hooks, so no need to unscrew the trunk lining or snap the clips (the 3-slit clips break when you remove them, as opposed to the pop clips that some may have on their trunk lining)

Love the color of the front lights, was thinking of uprating the bulbs but decided that I don't need to

(^ These pics taken from an iPhone 4... so apologies for the poor quality!)
Old 03-23-2012, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E Class
Nice. Where did you get the carbon mirror?

Does W207 and W212 have the same side mirror?
Old 03-25-2012, 11:03 AM

2012 E350 Coupe
thanks Al, how are you getting on with yours?

Gets better every day Nab. No issues at all, thus far. Thanks for asking.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to put anywhere near the miles on it I would like, thanks to outrageous, inconsiderate demands from friends,family and others that keep conflicting with the most important activity in life in which anyone could participate - driving a new Benz!

To give you an idea, after owning the car seven months, I finally had a reason to use the GPS for the first time last week. Translation: we actually went somewhere with it! It's a rewarding, fun driving experience.

I have been so tempted to say to you, "Only one or two more mods on your car and it'll be time to get a brand new one!" So tempted, but that would be rude, so of course I would never say that to you, would I?

Seriously, yours is one uniquely handsome automobile. I know you must get admiring glances everywhere you go.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:11 AM

Vroom, I've PM'd you details on the mirrors

Al, the looks I get in this car are insane, was driving along then got stuck in traffic down a highway section to drop my sister off at a dinner party.. she was constantly like "what on earth, everyone is staring at your car, look, them.. and them, over there..... how do you deal with that??"

Quite funny I thought, I just get on with enjoying the car - always nice to get the admiration from people I like the fact it is pretty unique around here, got more bits to do to it yet!! I will have it more or less finished by the end of the week I hope, then thereafter I will be looking for a new car I guess but... what? There really isn't anything else out there that I *want* .. sure I looked at and keep looking at the Datsun GTR but I don't know... it just doesn't jump up at me the same way this Mercedes does!

I quite like the new BMW 6-er ... I think a white cabriolet with some carbon on it would look brilliant... but oh wait, familiar much??
Old 03-26-2012, 09:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 E450 Coupe 4Matic; 2018 Audi Q5; 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback
Dr. Nab,

Where did you get those LED DRL from?

Thanks.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:55 PM

Got them from my MB parts department, well I spoke to my service manager and asked him if he'd be so kind as to "sort it out" with some straight-bar LEDs... so he did I've no idea on the part numbers though.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dr-Nab
Got them from my MB parts department, well I spoke to my service manager and asked him if he'd be so kind as to "sort it out" with some straight-bar LEDs... so he did I've no idea on the part numbers though.
Why don't you do me a favor and ask him whether the 2012 LED DRL is compactible to 2011?

Can you make some closer photo shot of these lens? I remember the 2012 has a bigger opening for the DRL housing compared to 2011 (if I remember correctly).

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:47 AM

Okay, I'll get some shots for you later on and post them up

Without getting in touch with him, I can tell you for definite these are the '12 LEDs (had a 2 week back order time) except they are minus the chrome surrounds which they forgot to order - but when the tech fitted them he came to get me to ask if it was alright as it is without the surrounds, to be fair I prefer them without because I think the chrome surrounds intrude on the shape of the bumper slats.. sure they look bigger but if I did have the surrounds I'd have probably dipped or wrapped them black so they were more in-keeping with the front end of the car but as it is I think they are perfect.

So what they have fitted are the DRLs and the backing grill which are a direct replacement for the hockey stick set up, complete plug and play no recoding needed or anything like that. As I've said, only part missing is the chrome surrounds but not an issue for me.

To fit them you need to loosen the front bumper in order to pull the old grill and LEDs out and slot in/reconnect the new ones.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:03 AM

Okay, I'll get some shots for you later on and post them up

Without getting in touch with him, I can tell you for definite these are the '12 LEDs (had a 2 week back order time) except they are minus the chrome surrounds which they forgot to order - but when the tech fitted them he came to get me to ask if it was alright as it is without the surrounds, to be fair I prefer them without because I think the chrome surrounds intrude on the shape of the bumper slats.. sure they look bigger but if I did have the surrounds I'd have probably dipped or wrapped them black so they were more in-keeping with the front end of the car but as it is I think they are perfect.

So what they have fitted are the DRLs and the backing grill which are a direct replacement for the hockey stick set up, complete plug and play no recoding needed or anything like that. As I've said, only part missing is the chrome surrounds but not an issue for me.

To fit them you need to loosen the front bumper in order to pull the old grill and LEDs out and slot in/reconnect the new ones.

Hope that helps!
I see, thanks. I am going to check out the price of those LED DRL today. I don't like chrome as well.

Regarding your exhaust tips, where did you get those from? Are they direct replacement without modification of the exhaust pipes? Efan from e-coupe shop told me that those AMG OEM tips cost around $400 USD. I am planning to get the small version of rear diffuser like yours from Efan but his diffusers are designed for the rectangular exhaust tips.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:02 PM

No problem, here are the close ups for you.

My exhaust is a system I had made up to the specs I wanted, pretty much the same as a VATH system just minus the VATH price Yeah the tips are pretty costly from MB so usually better off getting an exhaust shop to sort some tips out for you if thats the direction you want to go in. Piecha do quad tip conversions for these, about 120 Euros or so, will have to dig up the link if you're interested.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:46 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Hey those DRL's really look good! Great idea - especially without the surrounds on your particular installation.

From previous post: There really isn't anything else out there that I *want* .. sure I looked at and keep looking at the Datsun GTR but I don't know... it just doesn't jump up at me the same way this Mercedes does!

I know just what you mean - or feel.

I first saw the 2010 version of the exact design and color (except for the red leather) 2012 E350C I came to order and am driving now, tucked into a far corner of a dealer's back lot two years ago. The moment I spotted it my heart skipped a beat and I was fatally stricken with love - or could've been lust.

And I think it's fair to say every time you park your car somewhere and return to it, like me, you get that same old feeling over and over again.

When that feeling eventually dies, it'll be time for a new love. For now, nothing else out there jumps up at me either.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:52 PM

Are these 2012 version brighter than 2011? How about colour? Is this whiter as well?

Very nice mod. Thanks for the pictures.

It seems all the parts stamped with "AMG" are super expensive. Maybe, I just find a local stores and buy those aftermarket tips. They should at least 50% or less compared to OEMs.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:08 AM

Al, that's exactly it - I almost always have to turn back and look at my car when I park it up somewhere and it always brings a smile to my face walking back to see it sat there looking fabulous! I think maybe when the facelift model comes out I might switch allegiance until an all-new model arrives.

Ultraman - to me they are much brighter and whiter, I catch the reflection of them when I'm driving around now whereas I didn't before with the hockey sticks, maybe that is just me because I've made a modification you notice it more?

I would say to buy tips or get an exhaust system made up by a company. Buying branded products like AMG, Piecha, Vath etc will always carry a price premium but it is up to the individual. Fortunately if I didn't have a system made to my exact requirements and fit myself there are shops around here that would have made one up for me, it just would have cost a lot more.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:20 PM

Ultraman - the '12 LEDs are about as bright as my xenons... driving about past a big reflective shop window tonight and it looks stupidly bright, almost as if they haven't dimmed when the dipped lights are on - but they have.. madness!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:10 PM

Ultraman - the '12 LEDs are about as bright as my xenons... driving about past a big reflective shop window tonight and it looks stupidly bright, almost as if they haven't dimmed when the dipped lights are on - but they have.. madness!
You made me want to buy
Old 07-16-2012, 05:43 PM

small update...

matt black star on the front grill

Old 07-16-2012, 06:19 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
GTR
looks much better now, more aggressive !!!
Old 08-10-2012, 07:43 AM

look what has turned up in the post this morning...

Keep eyes peeled - will be fitting the goodies in the next week or so
Old 08-10-2012, 11:38 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
GTR
i guess it is front bumper spoiler
Old 08-10-2012, 06:37 PM

good guess!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My E350 D6 Cabriolet