E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Thanks RJC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 06:18 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Thanks RJC and 2012 E350 Coupe info.

Thanks for your tip. Confirmed at dealer Wednesday that red leather will be an option on the E350 coupe for 2012. Further confounds my miserable decision-making ability.

It's listed as red/black leather. Sure wish I could get a look at how it's rendered in the E series. I've seen the pix of the new C Coupe with red leather, and I dunno if I like it. Of course, that's only pix and it's C Class trim. Looks good on Dr-Nab's beautiful E Cab ride.

Some interesting new special order color combinations will also be available, but you're probably way ahead of me on this!

Also confirmed: Appearance Package will have the 18" AMG 5-spoke alloy
wheels. No pix. If the same design as on the 2011's, I like! Except for that concrete-springs ride.

Speaking of harsh ride, a brand new 2011 E350 Cab on the back lot with the Appearance Package and those pretty wheels was NOT equipped with the P Zero Neros. Looks like MB is shipping the pack. with Michelin Radial-X tires now, although that was of course only a sample of one. Don't know how the Radial X tires compare with the Michelin model you and Dr-Nab favor for a more compliant ride, but I will investigate. Decisions- decisions.

Thanks again!

Last edited by BenzMan369; 05-28-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
B8.5 Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Coupe
I'll get some more shots of my interior for you Al, maybe that will help you out!

With regards to the 5-spoke wheels I imagine they're the 5-twin spoke AMGs? They're very nice, quite light as well I had them on before I got my 19s but the Continentals were not so great; 19s with Vredesteins so much better - day and night difference I'd say, I've only driven one car on Michelin Pilot Sports and they were low profile 19s but still very smooth compared to a similar car with 19" run flats.

See if you can get MB to let you run one car with the P-Zeros and the Michelins back to back, if they value your order then I'm sure they will without any problems!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 CLS550; '11 GL350 Btc;
Just ask your dealer to see the MY '12 Ordering Guide for the Coupe/Cab as it has a picture of the colors. Though small, the pictures give you an idea. The choices are, along with a Premium version of each one:

Black Leather; Almond/Mocha Leather; Ash/Dark Grey Leather; Natural Beige/Black Leather; and Red/Black Leather
Old 05-27-2011, 09:41 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 245 Likes on 178 Posts
Hi Al, you're most welcome.

The coupe's AMG rims should be like the cabs which are similar but even nicer IMHO.

The Michelin Pilots have always been my favorite but they really don't build a bad tire so it should all be good.

Best of luck with your final decision.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:13 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Dr-Nab
I'll get some more shots of my interior for you Al, maybe that will help you out!

With regards to the 5-spoke wheels I imagine they're the 5-twin spoke AMGs? They're very nice, quite light as well

See if you can get MB to let you run one car with the P-Zeros and the Michelins back to back, if they value your order then I'm sure they will without any problems!
Nab the mind reader! I was thinking of asking if you had time to take a few more interior pix. Didn't want to impose. That would be very much appreciated.

The 2012 C207 Appearance Package wheels are listed as #795 - "18" AMG 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels, " part of the #321 Appearance Package. If you or RJC know the 2011 numbers, we can know for sure if they are the same.

My salesman was cooperative (slow morning). I sat at his desk while he went elsewhere and copied all the options info on his computer screen to which he had access. No pix. and no pricing available.

I fear I may break down and order a car before having the opportunity to do a comparison ride between the two tire types. May not be necessary though, if in fact MB is now shipping the Appearance Pack with Michelins anyway, as I mentioned above. The salesman did say that if I didn't like the ride before with the Appearance Pack, I may not like it even with different tires, because, in his opinion, the Agility Control Sport Suspension included in the pack. contributes significantly to the firmer ride.

At any rate, I think I've beaten the tires/ride quality issue to death on this forum and my posts will become boringly repetitive. You are all great, giving less knowledgeable folks the chance to brainstorm and receive meaningful feedback. Sure beats hashing things over and over again with myself! Reminds me of that famous layman's definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Last edited by BenzMan369; 05-28-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:26 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by SeaMerc
Just ask your dealer to see the MY '12 Ordering Guide for the Coupe/Cab as it has a picture of the colors. Though small, the pictures give you an idea. The choices are, along with a Premium version of each one:

Black Leather; Almond/Mocha Leather; Ash/Dark Grey Leather; Natural Beige/Black Leather; and Red/Black Leather
Thanks. He never volunteered that he had anything available with pictures. I will press him on this when I am able to get up there again in the near future. Or sooner if we can truly determine delivery availability of these cars.

Additional new items noted:

New exterior colors:
Designio Mocha Black
Designio Graphite
Olivine Gray
Lunar Blue

There are now a total of 8 "regular" leather interior options and premium leather is in fact available for most, but not all of them, as best as I could determine in interpreting the data shown.

Last edited by BenzMan369; 05-28-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:33 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by RJC
Hi Al, you're most welcome.

The coupe's AMG rims should be like the cabs which are similar but even nicer IMHO.

The Michelin Pilots have always been my favorite but they really don't build a bad tire so it should all be good.

Best of luck with your final decision.
Many thanks. And I agree, those AMG's are very nice.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:41 AM

Sorry for the delay Al, been a little busy just recently had a few minutes this morning to take a couple of shots whilst the weather has been good here!

I like how an insect decided to land on the rear seat ^^ as I took the picture!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:55 AM

2012 E350 Coupe
As my son would say, AWESOME!

Thanks so much for taking the time to get those great shots Dr-Nab. That is one beautiful car, inside and out.

As usual I'm in a bit of a quandry. My thinking is that I will go with a black coupe. I would absolutely love it with the red-black leather interior (I'd be re-living my yoot - long story). On your white convertible, the red door panels look fabulous - perfect and just what it should be on a top-down cab, but on the black coupe I would prefer the doors be all black, so that just the seats "pop" in red.

It'll be interesting to see if the new red/black leather option for the U.S. is done the same way as the Euro version. I suspect it will be.

I shudder to ask the dealer what it may cost to change those door panels. I do need to eat food occasionally after buying the car. Probably wiser to just adapt to being flanked by red.

Many thanks again Nab for your help and wishing you continued enjoyment.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E550C. Sold: '98 vette, '04 M3, '01 M5, '05 TL, BMW330 Cabrio (x2), BMW323 Coupe, '07 Benz C230
i saw a black coupe recently with two tone white/black interior ... the doors were black i think but the seats were white. pretty sharp. i have black / black ... which is always sharp, but not as sexy as two-tone. Dr Nab - your car looks fantastic, props. great pics too.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:15 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by cmcbenz
i saw a black coupe recently with two tone white/black interior ... the doors were black i think but the seats were white. pretty sharp. i have black / black ... which is always sharp, but not as sexy as two-tone. Dr Nab - your car looks fantastic, props. great pics too.
Couldn't agree more with you.

The first time I actually saw the new E350 coupe in person was a surreptitious visit to a dealer's back lot on a Sunday when they were closed (best time to shop if there are no closed gates). There stuffed into a far corner was a brand new, just prepped, black/black 2010 coupe. I fell in love. Dangerous.

But you're right, I think the two tone is sexier too.

Enjoy your ride.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:50 AM

No problem Al, I think the all black with red seats would look great, I have to point out that the red that you see isn't bright red like say the Classic Red you get in an SLS, it's a darker, deeper shade but to me I prefer it because it will show fewer marks/wear especially with denim stain from jeans or other fabrics!

Thanks cmc, I really am loving it right now, great weather here right now perfect for keeping the roof dropped cruising about!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:04 AM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Dr-Nab
.....the red that you see isn't bright red like say the Classic Red you get in an SLS, it's a darker, deeper shade.....
That is great news Nab. I much prefer a deeper shade of red. I was thinking that your red probably looks brighter when the top is down and sunlight is illuminating it, as in the pix.

Had a small brainstorm last night, while contemplating how much they may want to swap the red side panels out. Will be asking my dealer if it's possible to order the black interior with the red leather seats dropped in.

That just has to be easier to do, if doable at all, than trying dis-assemble the doors and rear panels. I'll be asking.

Al

P.S.: If you haven't seen it, here's a thumbnail of the 2012 E Coupe red leather for the U.S. Not terribly useful due to size and resolution, but provides reason for hope.
Attached Images  

Last edited by BenzMan369; 06-03-2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Add picture