E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

The wait is over, my car is here.(photos inside)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E200C-Fully loaded, Obsidian Black, ILS, Panoramic roof and some other bits and pieces.
Originally Posted by elijah
Really like the red interior! Congrats & Enjoy
Thanks alot
Old 09-25-2011, 01:30 PM

2012 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by Xaniar
It’s a 2012, haven’t u noticed the Steering wheel?
The hockey sticks are standard with the ILS (intelligent light system) in Europe, you can get the straight LED's if you have the normal halogen headlights.
I did notice the steering wheel, that's what confused me. I didn't know about the ILS option in Europe. I learn something everyday! Beautiful car by the way...it looks like my car's twin on the outside (If mine ever gets here!). I ordered the black interior with the black ash trim. Geez, I can't wait until I can post a thread like yours. Mine won't even be built until October 25th.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:06 PM

E200C-Fully loaded, Obsidian Black, ILS, Panoramic roof and some other bits and pieces.
Originally Posted by 1 MB
I did notice the steering wheel, that's what confused me. I didn't know about the ILS option in Europe. I learn something everyday! Beautiful car by the way...it looks like my car's twin on the outside (If mine ever gets here!). I ordered the black interior with the black ash trim. Geez, I can't wait until I can post a thread like yours. Mine won't even be built until October 25th.
Rest assured, it'll be worth the wait.
I was going to go for the blacl/black combo at first but then changed my mind and now I totally adore my red interior with the aluminum trims.

Post some photos of your car as soon as u get it
Old 09-28-2011, 09:41 AM

volkswagen
Does the new steering comes with paddle shift?

The new steering realy changes the whole interior look.. Nice!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C200
It’s a 2012, haven’t u noticed the Steering wheel?
The hockey sticks are standard with the ILS (intelligent light system) in Europe, you can get the straight LED's if you have the normal halogen headlights.
mate, i think youre mistaken here.

2012s with Bi-xenons in europe come with straight LEDs...what yours is however is the last batch of 2011s which have everything the 2012s have except straight leds
Old 10-02-2011, 02:12 AM

C200
sorry to disappoint but proof is here

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...red-black.html

look at his 207 without amg kit but with bixenons and then look at the mbusa e coupe/cabrio 2012 brochure images

i have also spoken to a dealer with your configuration and yes its 2011
Old 10-02-2011, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cerano
sorry to disappoint but proof is here

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...red-black.html

look at his 207 without amg kit but with bixenons and then look at the mbusa e coupe/cabrio 2012 brochure images

i have also spoken to a dealer with your configuration and yes its 2011
His car is a US car and the mbusa brochure is meant for USA, I guess you missed the part that USA has nothing to do with Europe!!!
And even if they decide to change the L shaped DRL to straight ones in Europe I will be far from disappointed as Im much happier with the L shaped ones (more aggressive front look)

My E coupe has the following new features;

1. The new steering wheel design with shift paddles;
2. Colour instrument cluster;
3. COMAND ONLINE with internet conectivity;
4. New 7G tronic +;
5. Stop/start function;
6. Media interface in center console;
7. LED license plate lighting.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by boxcar
Does the new steering comes with paddle shift?

The new steering realy changes the whole interior look.. Nice!
Yes the new steering wheel comes with paddle shift.
I will post a few more shots of my car today but first I need to wash it
Old 10-02-2011, 04:41 AM

Regarding Diamond Bright polish, if you have to pay for it then its a big NO but if you are getting it for free then I do recommend it.
It gives a showroom shine to the paint but is not worth the price, you will be able to pick up similar products at a much lower price online.

But the only good thing about Diamond Bright is that they gave me a certificate and 6 years warranty against any scratch or swirl marks and Ive got a cool 3D sticker on the inside of drivers door panel
Old 10-02-2011, 04:48 AM

C200
His car is a US car and the mbusa brochure is meant for USA, I guess you missed the part that USA has nothing to do with Europe!!!
And even if they decide to change the L shaped DRL to straight ones in Europe I will be far from disappointed as Im much happier with the L shaped ones (more aggressive front look)

My E coupe has the following new features;

4. New 7G tronic +;
5. Stop/start function;
hi mate
yes i know that but where i live we buy euro cars too and the dealer brings in only euro cars.

but good that you like it and yes you are correct your car possesses basically everything the 2012s have.

if you'd like i can verify it for you on EPC on your car's model year

please note that the differences between euro and ROW and US cars tend to be either package based eg. lack of 950 on E350C in USA

the entire production line has swapped to straight LEDs so no more hockeys for 2012 that I am sure even for 2012.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cerano
hi mate
yes i know that but where i live we buy euro cars too and the dealer brings in only euro cars.

but good that you like it and yes you are correct your car possesses basically everything the 2012s have.

if you'd like i can verify it for you on EPC on your car's model year

please note that the differences between euro and ROW and US cars tend to be either package based eg. lack of 950 on E350C in USA

the entire production line has swapped to straight LEDs so no more hockeys for 2012 that I am sure even for 2012.
Where r u from?
Do u have access to EPC?
What do u need to check my car?
Old 10-02-2011, 05:45 AM

C200
Where r u from?
Do u have access to EPC?
What do u need to check my car?
Yup i do. I would need your VIN to verify for you and pm me your email so that i can email you the stuff
im from singapore
cheers

Last edited by Cerano; 10-03-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:08 PM

e350coupe
I JUST HAD MY 2012 E COUPE AND I had it by EURO Delivery AND IT HAS HOCKEY LED PLUS AMG KIT
Old 10-03-2011, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by ecoupes
I JUST HAD MY 2012 E COUPE AND I had it by EURO Delivery AND IT HAS HOCKEY LED PLUS AMG KIT
Congrats on your wise choice.
Post some photos if u can.
Do you have all the following opts?

4. New 7G tronic +;
5. Stop/start function;
Old 10-03-2011, 09:07 PM

C200
Originally Posted by ecoupes
hmm this certainly is puzzling... odd even.

Attached Thumbnails The wait is over, my car is here.(photos inside)-2012e.jpg  
Old 10-04-2011, 05:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
B8.5 Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Coupe
I've seen several 2012-MY E-Coupes and Cabrios here; AMG bodykitted ones have the hockey stick lights the standard bumper models have the straight bar ones, it's the same on the car configurator for Europe.

To me, it is a cost saving measure to fit the straight bar lamps as they're on most the other new models - so I prefer having the hockey stick lamps.

That and the fact that I'm sure it's a (plastic) chrome finish so is very likely to rot as with other exterior trim pieces that have the same type of finish - the GL has OEM chrome roof bars (part metal, part plastic coating) which the center pieces rotted after only 12 months, they got replaced under warranty but it's not exactly great quality for that to happen.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:03 AM

C200
Originally Posted by Dr-Nab
I've seen several 2012-MY E-Coupes and Cabrios here; AMG bodykitted ones have the hockey stick lights the standard bumper models have the straight bar ones, it's the same on the car configurator for Europe.

To me, it is a cost saving measure to fit the straight bar lamps as they're on most the other new models - so I prefer having the hockey stick lamps.

That and the fact that I'm sure it's a (plastic) chrome finish so is very likely to rot as with other exterior trim pieces that have the same type of finish - the GL has OEM chrome roof bars (part metal, part plastic coating) which the center pieces rotted after only 12 months, they got replaced under warranty but it's not exactly great quality for that to happen.
thanks for the clarification
Old 10-04-2011, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
The E Coupe/Cabrio AMG bumper will switch to straight LEDs (no more hockey sticks) as of September production.