E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

The wait is over, my car is here.(photos inside)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E200C-Fully loaded, Obsidian Black, ILS, Panoramic roof and some other bits and pieces.
The wait is over, my car is here.(photos inside)

Today I got a call from my M-dealer and recieved the great news at last
So it took me 10 min to drive the 20 km distance and yes it was there.
You can shoot me for being biased but to me it is the most beautiful car ever.

And here’s the great part, now I know why delivery was delayed for 2 weeks, I’ve got the new COMAND ONLINE in the car

They will now arrange all the paperworks and polish the car with Diamond Bright and I will pick up the car next week Wednesday at 3 pm.

p.s. I’m super happy with the color combination.

Last edited by Xaniar; 09-22-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
B8.5 Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Coupe
Looks beautiful, congratulations hope you enjoy it!

The new steering wheel is really growing on me, might well have to get one retrofitted.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:47 AM

E200C-Fully loaded, Obsidian Black, ILS, Panoramic roof and some other bits and pieces.
Tnx mate,

I made a small loop in the car today and I can tell you that the new steering wheel feels smaller and thus sportier, so I do highly recommend that you get one retrofitted if u can.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Which engine? Only one exhaust tip; 250?
Old 09-22-2011, 03:53 PM

No, its the 200 CGI but Im getting the B20S.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Very nice - congrats!
Old 09-22-2011, 04:10 PM

C300 Sport
god thats dead sexy. might i ask how much u dropped for it?
Old 09-22-2011, 04:20 PM

Thank you.
Just a tad over 70k EUR.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:24 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Xaniar
Today I got a call from my M-dealer and recieved the great news at last
So it took me 10 min to drive the 20 km distance and yes it was there.
You can shoot me for being biased but to me it is the most beautiful car ever.

And here’s the great part, now I know why delivery was delayed for 2 weeks, I’ve got the new COMAND ONLINE in the car

They will now arrange all the paperworks and polish the car with Diamond Bright and I will pick up the car next week Wednesday at 3 pm.

p.s. I’m super happy with the color combination.
Have no fear, my gun shall remain holstered. We have exactly the same prejudice.

Enjoy the drive and the stares for many miles in the best of health.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:34 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Dr-Nab
Looks beautiful, congratulations hope you enjoy it!

The new steering wheel is really growing on me, might well have to get one retrofitted.
It's a great wheel Nab. Best I've had.

Some who were considering buying this model have expressed the negative view that they didn't like touching metal all the time. This is not the case. It all depends on how you like to grasp the wheel.

I've found that the old 10:AM-2:PM position has extremely comfortable gripping points for my hands for fast driving (that seems to be the only kind of driving this car wants to do ) and no metal is involved. There are other no-metal gripping options also.

So far, I've had zero reflection problems from the metal.

I think it would very much add to your red/black/aluminum interior.

I didn't realize this wheel was smaller than the previous iteration. If it is, perhaps that's one of the reasons the steering on the 2012 feels so quick to me, not to mention precise. However, I do believe they tweaked the steering in the '12 too.

I doubt you'd regret swapping but, if you do, I didn't say nuttin.'

Al

Old 09-22-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by BenzMan369
Have no fear, my gun shall remain holstered. We have exactly the same prejudice.

Enjoy the drive and the stares for many miles in the best of health.

Thanks for the nice comments.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:37 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
e350 coupe
Congrats.So the only difference is the steering wheel?
Old 09-23-2011, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by gavrocool
Congrats.So the only difference is the steering wheel?
Not really, you get the colour display in the instrument cluster, the ECO stop/start function and the 7G-tronic+ on the all the engine sizes. Furthermore the COMAND APS is replaced by COMAND Online on all the European models.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:48 AM

E250 Cabriolet
Looks sweat, and I quite like the New wheel. But im not a big fan of Stop/Start, I like to here the engine. But, on a 200 might not be to bad. I'm sure you'll love it dude!
I Hope you like people staring at you when your driving, or cruising round town. What I love about my dads E250 Cab Black on Black :-)
Old 09-24-2011, 06:14 AM

The figures for the B20S are pretty impressive, did you specify the dynamic handling package for your car? If you did it will activate the B20S remapping when you press the sport button if not it is set to the standard engine map.

And Al, yeah I really may drop for the steering wheel BUT there's a fairly sizeable discount going on the new E-Cab's now so I'm trying to figure what I want to do, reckon the wheel and airbag will be around £1000 here.. decisions!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:47 AM

The figures for the B20S are pretty impressive, did you specify the dynamic handling package for your car? If you did it will activate the B20S remapping when you press the sport button if not it is set to the standard engine map.

And Al, yeah I really may drop for the steering wheel BUT there's a fairly sizeable discount going on the new E-Cab's now so I'm trying to figure what I want to do, reckon the wheel and airbag will be around £1000 here.. decisions!
No I dont have the DHP on the car.
Would it be possible to link the B20S to the S-W-C button on the 7Gtronic?
I dont want it to be set to the standard engine map as it might comsume a lot more fuel.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Whufc
Looks sweat, and I quite like the New wheel. But im not a big fan of Stop/Start, I like to here the engine. But, on a 200 might not be to bad. I'm sure you'll love it dude!
I Hope you like people staring at you when your driving, or cruising round town. What I love about my dads E250 Cab Black on Black :-)

Thank you,
The ECO stop/start can be deactivated any time if u dont like it
Old 09-24-2011, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Xaniar
No I dont have the DHP on the car.
Would it be possible to link the B20S to the S-W-C button on the 7Gtronic?
I dont want it to be set to the standard engine map as it might comsume a lot more fuel.
I'm not 100% on that, as far as I know it's only available on the cars with the DHP - I didn't specify it as I'm not bothered about the ride being softer in normal mode but then on pre 2012 models it doesn't work like that anyway. On the 265 bhp 350CDIs for 2012 the D6S upgrade on DHP cars is activated when you press the sport button. There is an article on the Brabus site about it which impressed me a lot, the 2012 upgrades are very significant so I may switch to one I just want to see if there are any issues with them as I had a few when I got my 350 in December last year.

Would 110% recommend a Brabus upgrade, you'll love it - don't think the fuel consumption will be much more, if anything it is supposed to be better. On mine it hasn't made too much difference, same as running on 19s it doesn't make a big difference over 18s, changed my driving style a little and I'm getting 35-40mpg on 60L of the 65L tank.

Last edited by Dr-Nab; 09-24-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:52 PM

2002 CLK 320 coupe, Black
awesome photos....i like how the non-US models have the rolling cover over the cupholder in the front....wonder why it's not available in the US???
Old 09-24-2011, 06:21 PM

There is an article on the Brabus site about it which impressed me a lot,
Link please, I couldnt find it.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:56 PM

2012 E550 Coupe
Since you said it just came in, is that a 2011 or 2012? I noticed it has the hockey stick LED's.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by 1 MB
Since you said it just came in, is that a 2011 or 2012? I noticed it has the hockey stick LED's.
It’s a 2012, haven’t u noticed the Steering wheel?
The hockey sticks are standard with the ILS (intelligent light system) in Europe, you can get the straight LED's if you have the normal halogen headlights.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:43 AM

http://www.brabus.com/en/deliver.php...2%20D6S.EN.pdf

It says the transmission modes is how it changes between the mapping settings but I'm sure on the CLS and W221 S it was activated when you press the sport button for the handling pack there's an article on the Brabus site somewhere in the news section but can't find it at the minute, it also changes the gearbox map as well.

This link is from an MB network in the South West of the UK:

http://www.insidecitywest.co.uk/merc...des-cls-coupe/

I've spoken to my dealer about it as well, they've not sold any across their three dealerships yet but said when I had my D6 upgrade done earlier in the year it's probably the only one they'll do this year and next as the demand for the upgrades had declined due to the abilities of the standard cars.

Think also as you've got the revised engine/gearbox for '12 there may be a newer version of the B20S available as the connections for the Brabus powerxtra boxes are different now - I'm sure if you speak to your dealer about it they will sort it out for you, hope you're enjoying your car; I've only used mine three times in the last 10 days!
Old 09-25-2011, 09:05 AM

http://www.brabus.com/en/deliver.php...2%20D6S.EN.pdf

It says the transmission modes is how it changes between the mapping settings but I'm sure on the CLS and W221 S it was activated when you press the sport button for the handling pack there's an article on the Brabus site somewhere in the news section but can't find it at the minute, it also changes the gearbox map as well.

This link is from an MB network in the South West of the UK:

http://www.insidecitywest.co.uk/merc...des-cls-coupe/

I've spoken to my dealer about it as well, they've not sold any across their three dealerships yet but said when I had my D6 upgrade done earlier in the year it's probably the only one they'll do this year and next as the demand for the upgrades had declined due to the abilities of the standard cars.

Think also as you've got the revised engine/gearbox for '12 there may be a newer version of the B20S available as the connections for the Brabus powerxtra boxes are different now - I'm sure if you speak to your dealer about it they will sort it out for you, hope you're enjoying your car; I've only used mine three times in the last 10 days!
My guess was correct then,
" This high-tech performance tuning also gives the driver the opportunity to influence power yield via the selected shift program of the 7G-TRONIC PLUS automatic transmission."
So I will be able to control the power yield using the shift program on the 7G-tronic+

My Gearbox has 3 shift programs, S,W and E but a friend of mine has only 2 on his E coupe 2009 (W and E) which I find it odd.

Last edited by Xaniar; 09-25-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
Really like the red interior! Congrats & Enjoy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The wait is over, my car is here.(photos inside)