E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

E Coupe Experience Thus Far

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E350 Coupe
E Coupe Experience Thus Far

Terrible experience with my E Coupe so far.

Bought it back in late November...and now unfortunately a very dissatisfied customer regretting I didn't go with the A6. 3 months after owning the car, both driver and passenger side windows are covered with scratches because of faulty mouldings that caused dirt/grit buildup inside the doors (according to the dealership).

Service replaced the windows and mouldings and returned the car to me today, for me to find that I have water droplets entering the car during a car wash and the interior driver's door handle is broken as if it had no spring attached to it. Now I will have to send the car back to yet again for it to be fixed

So for at least 2 weeks this month I will be driving a C sedan replacement while I pay for an E coupe lease. Expected much more from a 70k car to be honest, never had any of these problems with my previous TL/S5/Mazda 3...

My question is....is this even worth complaining to Mercedes head office about?
Old 04-17-2012, 01:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2010 E550 coupe
Originally Posted by Veritate

Service replaced the windows and mouldings and returned the car to me today, for me to find that I have water droplets entering the car during a car wash and the interior driver's door handle is broken as if it had no spring attached to it. Now I will have to send the car back to yet again for it to be fixed

So for at least 2 weeks this month I will be driving a C sedan replacement while I pay for an E coupe lease. Expected much more from a 70k car to be honest, never had any of these problems with my previous TL/S5/Mazda 3...

I would bring both of these up with your dealer. The first issue appears to be poor workmanship on the part of the service staff. The second is direct financial impact to you. However, I would spend some time thinking about what kind of resolution you wish to see. Obviously you want your car fixed. Do you want financial compensation for your lease payments? Once you've determined what you think is fair, make the complaint. If the dealer fails to come through go to head office.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:43 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
I would go to Mercedes Benz head office. By now the dealer knows the issues since you've been driving their loaner. I've contacted Mercedes Benz directly via their website (contact us) and the responded to me quickly. It wasn't a complaint, just comments. A month later I went to my dealership service department to ask about a wandering cap under my hood. My salesman came up to me and we chatted about my car and how I was liking it. He mentioned the email I sent to mercedes which I was surprised to hear.

Anyway, what I trying to say it Mercedes Benz will respond to you if you contact them, and they will communicate the issue with the right people, at least from my one experience. I recommend be very professional in your communication and stay with facts. I hope this gets resolve and Mercedes Benz steps up and makes things right for you.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:01 AM

Mercedes E350 Coupe
Thanks for the advice. I did send a comment to Mercedes head office yesterday regarding this, they've yet to reply, I shall let you guys know how that goes.

As for compensation...I don't expect them to reimburse me financially really....but at least maybe one free oil change/detail as a sign of good faith I think is reasonable. The windows and now the door handle defects are not in any way a result of my carelessness with the car, I really don't think I should have to pay 320km of mileage and gas for its restoration...

Poor worksmanship on the manufacturers' part in the first place, and then poor worksmanship on the service side for not reinstalling all parts properly after the repair. Maybe I'm just unlucky.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:05 AM

Mercedes E350 Coupe
Forgot to mention that the car also came with a complimentary vibrating sound effect in the instrument cluster while traveling at higher speeds. They fixed this too...apparently something was loose...that scared me a little.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'12 E550C, Sierra Denali
Sorry and surprised to hear about your vehicle's issues.

We have a 2012 E550C and have had ZERO problems. The car is awesome.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
I have a CLK320 and same as the E-Coupe, there is no B-pillar.

Depending on the car wash, I would see water coming in the car between the front and rear windows. Not much water and I uaually just wipe them off after the car wash.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:04 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Sorry to hear of your difficulties. I hope all will ultimately be resolved to your complete satisfaction and you can begin enjoying your new car.

For the record, I have had zero issues with mine, thus far. Probably a combination of a great dealership/service dept., a little good luck, low mileage and careful ownership (don't mean you're not!). The car is hand washed, more because of the color and fear of brush swirls than fear of leaks.

There is much to love about these vehicles, especially the hands-on driving experience. I hope you will be able to enjoy that asap without the unpleasant distractions.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:15 PM

Mercedes E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by mis3
I have a CLK320 and same as the E-Coupe, there is no B-pillar.

Depending on the car wash, I would see water coming in the car between the front and rear windows. Not much water and I uaually just wipe them off after the car wash.

Can anyone else verify that it is normal for a few drops of water to enter during a car wash? Never had this problem myself until they replaced the windows just a few days ago?

Benzman: Yeah, I only go with touchless carwashes. Luckily there is one right beside my work place so I go practically everyday.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:23 PM

2010 E550 coupe
Can anyone else verify that it is normal for a few drops of water to enter during a car wash? Never had this problem myself until they replaced the windows just a few days ago?

Benzman: Yeah, I only go with touchless carwashes. Luckily there is one right beside my work place so I go practically everyday.
I get some water drops on the door sills and along the pillar. Nothing in the window area. This is as a result of going through a car wash (the floppy foam finger type) and hosing down at home with a water spray (not a high pressure jet).
Old 04-18-2012, 05:00 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe

The only times I've ever gotten water inside a car during a car wash is when there was a bad-fitting rubber gasket or seal. I'm sure water shouldn't be coming into these C207's either.

The only unexpected event during a car wash with my E350C was the first time I hit a door handle with the water stream and the door unlocked. Then locked, then unlocked again, etc. Keyless Go feature! I had the key in my pocket at the time. Technology!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:30 PM

Mercedes E350 Coupe
Just wanted to give you guys an update.

Today I picked up my car after it's SECOND visit to service.

They fixed the internal door handle on the driver's side and now 2 hours later, my girlfriend "broke" the handle on the passenger's side...I didn't even know how to react to that....

And guess what..the vibration noise inside the instrument cluster is STILL persisting!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:31 PM

Mercedes E350 Coupe
I don't know what to say really. Love the design of the car to death....but nonetheless having a serious case of buyers' remorse right now for not going with the A6/S5...

If any of you live in Ontario..I urge you...do NOT buy from Mercedes Barrie.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:08 AM

2010 E550 coupe
Just wanted to give you guys an update.

Today I picked up my car after it's SECOND visit to service.

They fixed the internal door handle on the driver's side and now 2 hours later, my girlfriend "broke" the handle on the passenger's side...I didn't even know how to react to that....

And guess what..the vibration noise inside the instrument cluster is STILL persisting!
At this point, I would find the right person at MB Canada and contact them as well as the general manager of your dealership.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Sorry about the experience of OP.

My wife and I have had her 2012 E350 Coupe for 6 months, and so far so good. Car has been running perfectly, no problems.

Our dealer, over the past seven years, has also been providing good service to us; hence we kept going back for new Mercedes everytime.

I also used the self-service car wash (the one that I park & spray the car myself) almost every couple weeks to rinse the E350 Coupe, and I had no water drops inside the cabin at all.

Just my experience,

Regards,
Old 04-19-2012, 10:33 AM

CLK230 K, Avantguard

Bought it back in late November...and now unfortunately a very dissatisfied customer regretting I didn't go with the A6. 3 months after owning the car, both driver and passenger side windows are covered with scratches because of faulty mouldings that caused dirt/grit buildup inside the doors (according to the dealership).

You said you had S5, how do you like compared to E coupe ignoring your problems? Thanks.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:21 PM

2009 C63 K1
In my experience Audi's are way worse... I have two friends that are currently working to have their new Audi's declared lemons. One friend just parked his (won't even drive it anymore) as it had been continuously in the shop for multiple issues including drive-train stuff. I bought a brand new BMW M3 which I ordered that had damage to the driver's side door before it was even delivered. I was never told but had problems with rattles and door speakers for the entire time I owned it. I only found all this out when I went to trade it in and they said the door had been repainted. ...just bad luck... It can happen with any car manufacturer so don't just assume Audi is going to be any better.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:46 PM

E350 Coupe
my exp with e350 coupe

heres my experience with the e350 coupe so far. i got a 2010 e350 coupe. bought it used in 2011 at 6k miles.
so far i have been to the dealership about 20 times

3x rear speaker rattling noises.
their fix is to felt tape everything on that speaker plate. my whole rear plate is covered in felt tape. and guess what it still rattles. after the 3rd time they said it they cannot see anything wrong with it. and that my bass was too high. well idiots thats why i spend the extra 2k is to keep my bass as high as i want to

4x squeaking of accessory belt
my belt started squeaking from the harsh winters in chicago. first time i went they put some special lube on it. lasted about 3 days. 2nd time i went they tried to tighten the bolts holding the pulleys. guess what happened 3 days later. 3rd time they finally changed the belt (which they had the nerver to tell me i have to pay for the part) and a few pulleys. now 6 months later it started doing the same thing. really loud squeaking - i wake up the entire neighborhood when i start my car every morning. 4th time - they couldnt find a problem. im thinking of a lemon lawsuit now after having to wake up the whole neighborhood every morning and getting laughs from the whole office how the shiniest car in the lot makes the ugliest noise.

suspension
a few months ago i had a really dull feeling for the car after hitting a nasty bump on chicago streets. i took it to the dealership. they tightened my hub bolt on one wheel - no change. 2nd time i take it there - took two weeks to change 4 shocks which cracked (by the way i dont know how shock absorber cracks but whatever...) and all wheel bearings on the hub

and something random
when i slashed one tire, they tried to squeeze my tire and wheel warranty to pay for a bent rim as well. took about 1 week for the warranty to decline it after inspecting the rim and finding no problems. meanwhile, they found somehow that my center vent is broken and notified me they would change it for free. 2 days later i notice that the vent they put is from the 550. it was missing the traction control button. so guess what... have to waste another week waiting for the part and driving a ****ty *** GLK loaner looking like a soccer mom.

i think this is enough, and thats about half of the story. im collecting info on how i can sue mercedes and how i can fix this mess of a car i own now which cost 55k used. people buy homes for that kind of money. ill keep you guys posted if youre interested.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'12 E550C, Sierra Denali
We still haven't had ANY issues with our '12 E550 Coupe.
It's one of the best vehicles we've owned.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 E550 Coupe
How does one acquire a $70K E350???? My E550C is fully loaded and barely scrapes 70K....

Did you have window tints? It's more likely the tinters who screwed up your molding. My 550 has been a pure joy.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:53 AM

2011 E550 Cabriolet, 2014 E250 Bluetec
Originally Posted by np888
How does one acquire a $70K E350???? My E550C is fully loaded and barely scrapes 70K....

Did you have window tints? It's more likely the tinters who screwed up your molding. My 550 has been a pure joy.
OP is in Canada. The entire Mercedes lineup is more expensive up here.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:49 PM

2012 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by Dueclaws
We still haven't had ANY issues with our '12 E550 Coupe.
It's one of the best vehicles we've owned.
X2. Had ours since last November...ZERO issues. Maybe blurred vision from staring at it too much.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 E550 Coupe
I can't believe some of you guys actually take your black e coupes through a car wash?!?1

spend 4 hours a week detailing mine.....only for it to be ruined by the rain within 2 days.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:11 AM

E550 Coupe
Not to beat a dead horse but...my coupe has been fantastic!

OP, maybe try a different dealer or request their most competant mechanic. I have had a few very minor rattles and my dealership was able to fix them immediately.