E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

A207 aircap fuse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e class cabriolet 2010 (A207)
A207 aircap fuse

hi guys,

the aircap of my e class doesn't deploy when I press the button

no lights on the button neither.. can anyone tell me where is located the fuse for the aircap? it's written in the fuse chart (you can find it together with the spare wheel)

unfortunately I don't have the fuse chart because the previous owner must have lost it ...

thank you guys!
Old 06-22-2014, 08:15 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by alezx
hi guys,

the aircap of my e class doesn't deploy when I press the button

no lights on the button neither.. can anyone tell me where is located the fuse for the aircap? it's written in the fuse chart (you can find it together with the spare wheel)

unfortunately I don't have the fuse chart because the previous owner must have lost it ...

thank you guys!
There was a recent convertible top ECU update that renders the Aircap inoperative. A fix is available at your MB dealer.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
The update renders the air cap inop only if the tech programs the rear control module incorrect. It can be fixed with a coding change, if that is the issue.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:48 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes E350 CD Iridium silver convertible 2010
Hate to say this, but sounds like you have the same fault as mine, which required a new assembly to be fitted, they do not come cheap in the UK £1200+ not including labour. I am actually on my 3rd one because of failures.
I get the impression that Mercedes tech's do not understand these very well, how to set them up and install.
When my first one failed it stopped in the up position even with the engine off and the key out. Your lucky if yours is in the down position.
Another way to check is to see if the rear headrests move when you hit the switch as they are part of the same control circuit.
You can also check the switch on the centre console which operates the rear headrests independent of the Aircap switch.

Last edited by theraven333; 06-23-2014 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:49 AM

e class cabriolet 2010 (A207)
Originally Posted by theraven333
Another way to check is to see if the rear headrests move when you hit the switch as they are part of the same control circuit.
You can also check the switch on the centre console which operates the rear headrests independent of the Aircap switch.
hi,

yes when I press the switch between the seats the rear headrests move, but the wind deflector on the windscreen does not. Also the lights on the switch don't work. do you think is the same problem as yours ?

thank you
Old 06-23-2014, 03:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes E350 CD Iridium silver convertible 2010
Sorry my friend, but subject to final verification, this is exactly what happened with mine. You maybe lucky who knows? But they do not repair this item they just change it. They don't carry lots of stock and have to order from Germany.
I have only ever seen one for sale on ebay, and that was damaged cosmetically due to the windscreen being replaced.
This is another issue, I understand that windscreen replacement companies do not like working on the cabriolet because of having to remove the windcap to replace the screen. Having removed it they have issues resetting and adjusting it to ensure a close fit.
If you take it to a Mercedes dealer they can tell you quite quickly what has failed via their diagnostic software. But be aware of the price it is no joke!!!!!!!
To be honest I considered not having it fixed as the car was out of warranty, but Mercedes did help out (gesture of goodwill) so it is worth asking especially if you have had the car serviced via main dealer.

Last edited by theraven333; 06-23-2014 at 03:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
zoomer46 (12-18-2021)
Old 07-11-2023, 02:54 PM
MMS

2012 E550 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by hillcreative
There was a recent convertible top ECU update that renders the Aircap inoperative. A fix is available at your MB dealer.
Hi,

this is a very late reply but at least we have the right audience and case here.

I may have the same issue in my 2011 E550; there's power, the button lights up, and the aircap struggles to open but it doesnt

Does anyone have a bit more detail regarding the ECU update? and how to reverse it/fix it.? is it possible to do at an independent shop or outside the dealership in general? it seems every time I go there the estimates are massive.

thanks
M
Old 07-13-2023, 09:01 AM

A207 E350 Cabriolet
Just purchased a 2010 model and exactly the same issue button lights do not illuminate when pressed and the AIRCAP not deploying, rear headrests work though, I checked all three fuses associated with the AIRCAP and all were good so looks like another dude unit, pretty poor design work once again from this manufacturer.

P.