E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2013 e550 coupe Diff swap question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e550 c207
2013 e550 coupe Diff swap question

Hello guys,

I just got my car back from the dealership
Long story short. After a few visits to the dealership they keep finding stuff that either needs to be replaced or fixed, the car was purchased a few weeks ago.
given the ongoing issues I cannot disclose a lot of information. All issues are preexisting and I have everything documented, this car is not safe to drive. I did not know the extend of the issues until my last visit to another official dealership and an indy shop.

Last edited by Zyklon88; 05-11-2018 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Disclousure
Old 05-07-2018, 05:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 E550C, 2017 E300
Originally Posted by Zyklon88
Also, during hard breaking I feel the car shaking. It might be the wheel itself or it might be the rotors.
I'd have the rotors examined, for sure. It's a commonplace problem on these cars which can result in considerable brake judder. Most folks, including myself, simply replace the rotors with Stoptech etc. and move on.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:12 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2003 E500, 2004 G35X
First, why would the dealer replace that many parts after you bought the car? Did you have issues with the car after you bought it? If that's the case, they sold you a lemon knowing the car was a bad one to begin with.

I would suggest you don't tell the dealer what you think might be wrong with the car, just tell them the problems you have and let them fix it. Heck, you essentially paid for the 90 day warranty so make use of it. I would DEFINITELY NOT replace any part yourself. Why would you replace anything yourself when it's under warranty! I would document everything, if you are not happy with the results within a reasonable time, say one week, I would tell them that you will report to MB. My 0.02
Old 05-10-2018, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Make them pay for everything and make sure they do it properly or return the car. They always keep a budget on a side when they sell a CPO. It makes me sad when Mercedes dealer sells you a car that doesn't drive like one.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:48 AM

e550 c207
Thank you guys for your feedback.

I took the car to an independent mechanic and we found another batch of issues after I got it back from the third official dealership I have been to.
I contacted the official dealership where I bought the car from and one of the Managers reached out to me, and will be personally handling this situation.
They suggested trading in the car. I do not know what they mean by this yet. He tried to make it sound as he was doing me a favor.
They miserably failed to inspect the car. This car is not safe to be on the road and it could have been a catastrophe, the service manager even snubbed me off when I brought the car back, within a week from the POS date.
All issues are pre existing and everything is documented.
This is a bad case of neglicence, miss communication and the lowest quality control I have ever experienced.
Due to confidenciality sake I cannot disclose what, who and where.
Given that I want the dealership to aknowdlege their fault and make this right
If anyone has suggestions or advice I would rather communicate through private channels.
This is the first time I have to go through this process.
I have been very patient so far, however I won’t let them get away with this if they do not make this right.
I believe I have a case here however I rather not go that route.

Regards,

Last edited by Zyklon88; 05-11-2018 at 02:03 AM. Reason: re wording
Old 05-11-2018, 08:28 AM

2003 E500, 2004 G35X
Originally Posted by Zyklon88
Thank you guys for your feedback.

I took the car to an independent mechanic and we found another batch of issues after I got it back from the third official dealership I have been to.
I contacted the official dealership where I bought the car from and one of the Managers reached out to me, and will be personally handling this situation.
They suggested trading in the car. I do not know what they mean by this yet. He tried to make it sound as he was doing me a favor.
They miserably failed to inspect the car. This car is not safe to be on the road and it could have been a catastrophe, the service manager even snubbed me off when I brought the car back, within a week from the POS date.
All issues are pre existing and everything is documented.
This is a bad case of neglicence, miss communication and the lowest quality control I have ever experienced.
Due to confidenciality sake I cannot disclose what, who and where.
Given that I want the dealership to aknowdlege their fault and make this right
If anyone has suggestions or advice I would rather communicate through private channels.
This is the first time I have to go through this process.
I have been very patient so far, however I won’t let them get away with this if they do not make this right.
I believe I have a case here however I rather not go that route.

Regards,

You have to get your state consumer protection agency involved! The dealer sold you a crappy lemon, and there is no way to fix it, period. How dare of them to ask you to trade in! It's no use to continue to deal with them on fixing it. Ask them for a refund and that's the only way out! A letter from your lawyer can do wonders and it's only a couple of hundred bucks to get a refund.

Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-11-2018 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Refund or trade in that’s favourable to you.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:39 PM

e550 c207
So, I went into the dealership today and talked to the new cars sales manager. He tried to bamboozle me, everything was going alright until he mentioned the words bad equity.
At that point I let him know I was not going to take nonsense and explained him they sold me a certified pre owned car with extensive pre existing mechanical issues.
We talked about some options. I told him I am still open to work with them and trade in for another car.
Obiously he offered me an inferior trade, 2015 c300 with amg package. If I wanted a v4 I would have bought a VW.
At this point I already contacted Autonation corporate and a consumer rights attorney.
I have extensive documentation about everything.
I went through the sales terms and conditions contract myself and this is absolutely breach of guarantees
and posible fraud.
They made me drive 50 miles to the dealership under heavy rain on a car that is not safe, for nothing.
It is very unfortunate that one of the biggest Mercedes
Benz dealerships in the country that has over 3 million dollars worth of cars on their sales floor wants to play games over a meager deal.
I hope the GM is smarter than his sales Managers and realizes this is a very easy problem to solve, not worth their time.
I am not asking for more than a similiar car for the same price I paid.
This thread turned into a total different animal,
maybe the forum mods might want to move it to the proper forum.

Happy mothers day

Old 05-14-2018, 02:35 PM

2003 E500, 2004 G35X
This crap coming from a MB dealer is totally unacceptable to say the least! I would suggest that you contact MB, get a name and send the doc. to MB also, MB should know about this shyster dealer. MB and all other makes have "holdback" 2 to 3% of total sales volume to award to good dealers. When dealers get bad complaints, they receive less holdback. Hit them where it hurts!!!
Old 05-15-2018, 10:01 AM

e550 c207
I just got off the phone with MB.
my car is not a CPO so pretty much they told me I am on my own even though the car was purchased from a Mercedes Dealership.
They will be contacting the dealership anyways.
At this point I don’t even know this is beneficial.
the dealership offered me to take my car back at a 2500 dollar loss, plus the payment I already made, plus all the money I spent on accesories.
I found a cls, however they also want me to pay dealer fees again.
This is a nightmare, I was not expecting this from a well established deslership.
I work in corporate and this is not the way to handle escalations.
Shame on them.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:18 AM

2003 E500, 2004 G35X
You need to send the doc. to MB in writing, on the phone, they can brush you off. The issue is not CPO, the issue is they knowingly sold you a lemon. Coming from a MB dealer is a total disgrace. They are worse than the lowest scumbag used car dealers! If you have to eat 2500, I'd rather spend that with an attorney. Two suggestion, one is to get an attorney send them a letter (get the name and send it to the GM) that you want a refund and see how they respond. Two, you need to file a complaint with your state consumer protection agency. Best wishes.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:41 PM

e550 c207
Well,

I am here at the dealership, took a test drive with their service assistant manager. Obiously he did not find anything wrong with my car. The two bent wheels, the leaking exhaust, the bad struts, the steering wheel being off center is totally normal and per him this car drives great. What a scumbag, his name is Robert and he works at Miami Mercedes.
They took my car back at a 2000~ loss to me. Plus another couple of thousand I put down that the bad trade ate away.
I talked to their GM Mike obiously he said they were going to help me out. Haha!
I stopped fighting and bought a cpo cls550 from them.
They are all smiles but at the end they ****ed me and did not take ownership of the fact they sold me a bad car.
Am I happy? you bet I am not.
Im just glad this nightmare is over.
At the end I should have been more careful with this purchase. The Mercedes Benz name means nothing to me. They are all a bunch of thiefs just like most people in this business.
The moral of this story is no matter where you buy your car from, do not trust anybody and do your due digilience.
I have a bitter sweet taste in my mouth right now.
Hopefull once I get on the road on my CLS it will all be worth it.
Thank you all for chiming in and giving me advice. Unfortunately, I spoke to an attorney and he said the arbitration contract I signed is bulletproof and in florida there is no used car lemon law.
So, I took it in the behind... twice!

Last edited by Zyklon88; 05-19-2018 at 06:48 PM.