E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Resetting things after new battery installation.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:46 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
Resetting things after new battery installation.

I just got a new battery put in and I was thinking it would not be hard to get everything synced again using the simple steps but I cannot get the drivers side rear window to move when opening and closing the front drivers window. Typically it should go back a notch when rolling it down and when rolling it back up it should close an extra notch to seal it. I've tried all pairing steps and benz says they need to hook it up to some computer. Was wondering if there's anything I can do other then take it to the dealership here... will disconnecting the battery again allow me to reset the windows again? Also I feel like the keyless entry is a bit too sensetive now I am not sure if this is related to the battery disconnected as well and needs to be reprogrammed.
Old 01-18-2020, 01:30 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2013 E350 4Matic Coupe
Lightbulb I also had this happen to the passenger side rear window

Originally Posted by Dnasty
I just got a new battery put in and I was thinking it would not be hard to get everything synced again using the simple steps but I cannot get the drivers side rear window to move when opening and closing the front drivers window. Typically it should go back a notch when rolling it down and when rolling it back up it should close an extra notch to seal it. I've tried all pairing steps and benz says they need to hook it up to some computer. Was wondering if there's anything I can do other then take it to the dealership here... will disconnecting the battery again allow me to reset the windows again? Also I feel like the keyless entry is a bit too sensetive now I am not sure if this is related to the battery disconnected as well and needs to be reprogrammed.
Just had a new battery installed to replace the 7 year old original battery my independent mechanic. I now have an Interstate AGM Battery (MTX94R/H7).

The next day I noticed the passenger rear window did not fully close after opening and closing the the passenger door.

Apparently this is a common problem after a battery replacement. According to this Forum, here is the way to fix it.

Last edited by SMG_CT; 01-18-2020 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:08 PM

2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by SMG_CT
Just had a new battery installed to replace the 7 year old original battery my independent mechanic. Now the passenger rear window does not fully close after opening the the passenger door.

Apparently this is a common problem after a battery replacement. According to this Forum, here is the way to fix it.
Yea that didn't work for my exact same issue (but on the drivers side) did it work for you?
Old 01-18-2020, 02:19 PM

2013 E350 4Matic Coupe
Lightbulb Side Windows Reset Directions

Yes it did work. I followed the directions in the Owners Manual and it is now working correctly. The attached PDF is P 88 in the 2013 owner's manual under "Side Windows" reset.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2013_E_Coupe-Cab-1 90.pdf (63.2 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by SMG_CT; 01-18-2020 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:23 AM

2010 e550 coupe
Yes it did work. I followed the directions in the Owners Manual and it is now working correctly. The attached PDF is P 88 in the 2013 owner's manual under "Side Windows" reset.
Tried those steps the dealer is telling me the window itself needs adjustment not sure if it does or not i'll probably take it to an indy to check. My issue is that it never seems to go to the top if you notice they all make a click sound once it hits the top my rear driver side does not. Was this the case for your passenger side as well or did you hear the clicking noise on all windows after holding till it reached the top.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:07 AM

2013 E350 4Matic Coupe
Tried those steps the dealer is telling me the window itself needs adjustment not sure if it does or not i'll probably take it to an indy to check. My issue is that it never seems to go to the top if you notice they all make a click sound once it hits the top my rear driver side does not. Was this the case for your passenger side as well or did you hear the clicking noise on all windows after holding till it reached the top.
I did not have the "clicking noise".
Old 01-19-2020, 01:12 PM

2010 e550 coupe
I did not have the "clicking noise".
You should hear one even now that it is synced on each window if you hold the up button until the window hits its very top then release the button. It is very subtle.
The following users liked this post:
SMG_CT (01-19-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 12:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 E550 coupe,2005 porsche ca 911,04 subaru outback,94 Harley FXSTC
I had to put a starter in my 2010 E550 coupe ,waiting for parts my car had battery disconnected for two days.After doing repair my rear windows did not go all way up nor did they drop when opening door .Per owners manual re syncing windows fixed it ,had to do one window three times but works good.