E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need GOOD tuner advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 11:08 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 S65 AMG (W221)
Exclamation Need GOOD tuner advice

Hi All,
Hope everybody is safe. This thread is more for Advanced/Master auditory in terms of tuning and using MyGen (v.2) device.
Been struggling for more than a week now and considering switching to another tuner. The current one seems to be too busy. To avoid some commonly used suggestions: YES I have a good charger connected to my battery, 30A boost capable, never had any issue with a battery and I can load ANY other tune, except the last one which is custom tune tailored to my current modes.
From the attached log files you will see the battery is not the issue here.

Has anyone experienced issue with constant error during specific mod file load:
ErrorCode: 3101
ErrorDescr: Error reading HW
And then during recovery process I get:
ErrorCode: 3320
ErrorDescr: Change of session not possible

Somehow I've managed to get out of recovery mode by my own. The OE Tuning support keeps saying there is an issue with battery but I can't find any sign of it among the LOG files (attached).
Besides it's just one MOD file that is causing the issue, all the other tunes loads just fine. Right now I am back to stock file:

P.S. I had to disconnect (physically remove) the ECU to get out of recovery mode. Figured that may wok better than just disconnecting a battery.

Would appreciate any good advice/insight. I suspect the custom tune file is the culprit.

Thanks,
V.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Comm18Info.txt (860 Bytes, 64 views)
Report.txt (2.7 KB, 50 views)
Comm00Info.txt (494 Bytes, 44 views)
Comm02Info.txt (414 Bytes, 41 views)

Last edited by WIN ER; 04-27-2020 at 07:33 PM. Reason: customer is happier
Old 04-24-2020, 01:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E550 Cab
I wish I could help but I had no problem with My Genius or OE on my car. It was a straight forward install with zero errors.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:35 PM

2007 S65 AMG (W221)
For tuners: when the tune is being loaded to the car, does it perform all the systems check, like signals from O2 sensors, readiness etc.? The tune I was trying to load (gave up since I tried around 50 times with the same outcome) is de-tuned stage-2 tune. The original stage-2 is actually for off-road use, designed for vehicles with the catalytic converter removed from the exhaust system. So I was thinking, maybe that's causing a problem since I do have cats and all O2 sensors installed. Maybe there is something in the code that does this type of pre-check?

Thanks
Old 04-24-2020, 01:37 PM

2007 S65 AMG (W221)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by northridgeaz
I wish I could help but I had no problem with My Genius or OE on my car. It was a straight forward install with zero errors.
Thanks mate! I have had zero issues too before getting this new tune. I can swap all the other files back and forth without any problem, that specific one is giving me a headache.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:05 PM

2007 S65 AMG (W221)
Some update: finally got a hold on OE Tuning. They are looking into this and working with DimSport support. It's just soooo slow that I am getting crazy. Will keep you all updated along the way. Thanks for watching
Old 04-24-2020, 02:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E550 Cab
Yes it did do a systems check before installing the tune.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:19 PM

2007 S65 AMG (W221)
Ok good, some food for the brain. Thank you
Old 04-25-2020, 07:07 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Originally Posted by WIN ER
Hi All,
Hope everybody is safe. This thread is more for Advanced/Master auditory in terms of tuning and using MyGen (v.2) device.
Been struggling for more than a week now and considering switching to another tuner. The current one seem to let me down (OE). No reply for 2 days now and all the help I got by far was a suggestion of connecting my battery to a good wall charger. YES I have a good charger connected to my battery, 30A boost capable, never had any issue with a battery and I can load ANY other tune, except the last one which is custom tune tailored to my current modes.
From the attached log files you will see the battery is not the issue here. The issue is, most likely, with them, not having a good tuner.

Has anyone experienced issue with constant error during specific mod file load:
ErrorCode: 3101
ErrorDescr: Error reading HW
And then during recovery process I get:
ErrorCode: 3320
ErrorDescr: Change of session not possible

Somehow I've managed to get out of recovery mode by my own. The OE Tuning support keeps saying there is an issue with battery but I can't find any sign of it among the LOG files (attached).
Besides it's just one MOD file that is causing the issue, all the other tunes loads just fine. Right now I am back to stock file:

P.S. I had to disconnect (physically remove) the ECU to get out of recovery mode. Figured that may wok better than just disconnecting a battery.

Would appreciate any good advice/insight. Bad battery or bad tune(-er) ?! I suspect the custom tune file is the culprit.
What I know for sure is that I will not be using any of OE tunes anymore. But I heard I can't use the same device (MyGenius) with any other tuners (from the other tuners), even if I do a device reset Is that so?

Thanks,
V.
Vadim,
You have had continued issues with poor battery voltage and your battery dying during the flashing process. Due to an incomplete flash process, your MyGenius went into Recovery mode, or it was selected to recover flash. Recovery must be made in full to unlock the MyGenius for regular use. This is how MyGenius works and there is no work around without purchasing an unlock credit from Dimsport. Blaming the devise or tune is not a correct assumption on your part.
Have you considered that one of your batteries may be bad and causing issues even when a battery charger is connected???
Good luck with Dimsport support. I hope they can help your situation.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:01 PM

2007 S65 AMG (W221)
Hi Jerry/Jeremy,
Nice to hear from you. I was under impression you still working on the tune file.
The battery factor could have been a culprit but the truth is, I changed the battery ad got the same outcome.
It seems to me it's either failing device or sw loaded on to device.

Regarding the DimSport support: when I called you guys on Friday you told me you were waiting for Dimsport folks, I personally prefer to deal with you directly.

Cheers,
Vadim

Last edited by WIN ER; 04-30-2020 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:24 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Hi Jerry/Jeremy,
Nice to hear from you. I was under impression you still working on the tune file.
Now I see you are back to your assumption about the battery. As I asked before, please show me the proof tat my battery gone bad.
How would you interpret the fact this only happens with stage-2 tune, the rest work just fine?
Regarding the DimSport support, please make yourself clear. When I called you guys on Friday it were you who told me you are waiting for Dimsport folks, it's not me who is waiting for their support. Were you faking or it's just me blandly believing you are working hard on the issue?

Device unlock fee.
This is what you wrote the other day:
".. After speaking with Dimsport (makers of MyGenius) in Italy about your issue, the only way moving forward is to flash the original stock map to your car, then we can provide the reset steps. As long as stock/read/original map is loaded to car as last process there is no reset fee.
After this, Update MyG and get a New read from the car, then we make all your maps from new read. What this does is clears files or anything corrupt from MyGenius and we start back at square one
..."

So what unlock fee you are talking about? I am not in a favor to pay any extra-fee I'd rather request a full refund for your magic tune if you continue to ignore the customer.
I am still waiting for your help guys and waiting for a way too long, so please focus on the fix rather than stepping into a battle with your customer.

Cheers,
Vadim
Your devise is in recovery. You must make a complete RECOVERY flash to finish recovery to return MyGenius to regular use. No other process is possible once in recovery mode.
Its best you get assistance for your MyGenius with Dimsport directly. We have done our best to assist you. We are playing middle man with Dimsport who are based in Italy and take a day to respond to all support inquiries due to time difference. They will be able to assist you directly from here on.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:51 PM

2007 S65 AMG (W221)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING
Your devise is in recovery. You must make a complete RECOVERY flash to finish recovery to return MyGenius to regular use. No other process is possible once in recovery mode.
Its best you get assistance for your MyGenius with Dimsport directly. We have done our best to assist you. We are playing middle man with Dimsport who are based in Italy and take a day to respond to all support inquiries due to time difference. They will be able to assist you directly from here on.
We are not quite on the same page. I sent you the full LOGs on Friday and we spoke on the phone: I am out of recovery mode since Thursday guys!
Old 04-27-2020, 12:26 PM

2007 S65 AMG (W221)
Good morning OE Tuning team,
I would appreciate an update. Let me know if you got any news for me.
Thanks,
V.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:11 PM

2007 S65 AMG (W221)
Hello @SALES@OETUNING : please let me know if you need anything from my side. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by WIN ER; 04-27-2020 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:25 AM

2007 S65 AMG (W221)
Morning all, we seem to start moving forward with the issue. Jerry did a great job past night helping me to reset the MyGen device (in some cases you need 4 digits reset code to be generated by tuner and entered on your device). So we did a device reset and I have sent a new ECU read file back to OE Tuning. To be continued
The following users liked this post:
Siegmann (04-29-2020)
Old 04-29-2020, 09:37 PM

2007 S65 AMG (W221)
I got the same outcome with new tunes files. Installed and fully charged brand new battery before writing. Hopefully Jeremy can find the root-cause, I am really upset but all these things going on. Thanks for watching.

Last edited by WIN ER; 04-30-2020 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:07 PM

2007 S65 AMG (W221)
Friday 5/8/20.
As an update,
I regret to inform that I am no longer a customer of OE Tuning. Their support has given up on me but I don't blame them, sine it's a really weird issue. The custom tune will not get loaded, the "canned" tunes work just fine.
After almost 4 weeks of struggling they referred me to DimSport support which sounds odd to me (needless to say it is not something I can accept), because there is no issue with MyGenious device. Anyway I am here not to judge these guys, they probably exhausted their resources and/or this is simply beyond their level of expertise.
I have requested a refund and waiting for my money.
Thanks everyone for watching.

SALES@OETUNING - I do appreciate your efforts although the issue was not solved. I have no doubts you did your best.
The previous tune files work great and that a good news, really grateful for that. On a flip side, I believe your technical support could have been improved, hopefully you will learn some good things from this case and will delight the other customers with 1 tier technical customer support.

Sincerely,
V.

Last edited by WIN ER; 05-08-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E550, 2004 S55 AMG, 1966 Mustang Supercharged 4.6L, 2004 Excursion 6.0 Dsl, 2004 Ducati 800ss
Friday 5/8/20.
As an update,
I regret to inform that I am no longer a customer of OE Tuning. Their support has given up on me but I don't blame them, sine it's a really weird issue. The custom tune will not get loaded, the "canned" tunes work just fine.
After almost 4 weeks of struggling they referred me to DimSport support which sounds odd to me (needless to say it is not something I can accept), because there is no issue with MyGenious device. Anyway I am here not to judge these guys, they probably exhausted their resources and/or this is simply beyond their level of expertise.
I have requested a refund and waiting for my money.
Thanks everyone for watching.

SALES@OETUNING - I do appreciate your efforts although the issue was not solved. I have no doubts you did your best.
The previous tune files work great and that a good news, really grateful for that. On a flip side, I believe your technical support could have been improved, hopefully you will learn some good things from this case and will delight the other customers with 1 tier technical customer support.

Sincerely,
V.
Hi,

First off, I'd like to thank you for posting your experience and log files. Currently I'm having the exact same issue and am working together with Jeremy at OE Tuning.
My car is a 2010 E550 Sedan. I've tried dozens of times, but here is my latest story from today:
- Started with working car in stock configuration
- Tried flashing the MOD file (good voltage as described in Comm06Info)
- It made it all the way to the end loading the MOD file
- Error 3101 Error while reading HW number, Locked ECU
- Unlock ECU
- Start Recovery process. This time I selected "Modified" rather than "Original" (Comm07Info)
- It made it all the way to the end loading the MOD file
- Error 3101 Error while reading HW number, Locked ECU again
- Unlocked ECU
- Start Recovery process. This time I selected "Original" (Comm08Info)
- It made it all the way to the end loading the ORI file
- No errors, and all is OK

I compared your log files to mine, and noticed a few similarities. We both have the same Hardware, Software, and UpdateSW numbers for the ECU.
We also have no problem loading ORI files, but lock the ECU when loading MOD files.

Thanks again for posting. Your information gives me confidence where the issue lies. Likely compatibility with MOD files, not operator error

I can say that Jeremy has been extremely helpful and provides quick responses. I hope this extra information helps us find a solution. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited by sajdosco; 12-09-2020 at 06:22 PM.
WIN ER (12-10-2020)
Old 12-09-2020, 07:14 PM

Received 371 Likes on 279 Posts
2013 SL550 BiTurbo
WIN ER, you should check with Eurocharged in Austin, Dave and Adam are great. Very happy with my Custom Tune from them and their customer service is second to none...
WIN ER (12-10-2020)
Old 12-10-2020, 10:26 AM

2007 S65 AMG (W221)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nota_amg
WIN ER, you should check with Eurocharged in Austin, Dave and Adam are great. Very happy with my Custom Tune from them and their customer service is second to none...
Thanks, nota_amg! Yes I have been in touch with them and got a nice stage-2 tune already Can't be happier!
Old 12-10-2020, 10:30 AM

2007 S65 AMG (W221)
Good luck Scott, I really hope they can get this sorted and you will not have the same amount of frustration that I experienced. It appears to me they are using the same "template" file while producing the MOD file.
sajdosco (12-10-2020)
Old 12-10-2020, 08:34 PM

2010 E550, 2004 S55 AMG, 1966 Mustang Supercharged 4.6L, 2004 Excursion 6.0 Dsl, 2004 Ducati 800ss
Good luck Scott, I really hope they can get this sorted and you will not have the same amount of frustration that I experienced. It appears to me they are using the same "template" file while producing the MOD file.
Thank you WIN ER!
I'm just curious... Did you use the MyGenius flasher to load your custom Eurocharged tune? I understand they sometimes use the same equipment.

Thanks,
Scott
WIN ER (12-11-2020)
Old 12-11-2020, 09:25 AM

2007 S65 AMG (W221)
Yes Eurocharged uses the same device for slashing the MB ECU (My Gen) but as you may know the device is "hardwired" to the tuner so you have to buy another device if you switch the tuner.
Old 12-11-2020, 05:44 PM

Well, I'm happy to say we got it figured out!
Jeremy contacted me, indicating he recently saw the same problem was able to fix it.
We went through the RESET, READ, email, and FLASH process again. This time it worked perfectly.
As I did nothing different, there was clearly something different with this MOD file. I don't know the specifics, but Jeremy was able to figure it out.
I'm confident he now knows how to avoid this issue for the future.

Both my wife and I noticed the throttle delay is gone, which is the whole reason I wanted this. Jumping from my 2004 S55 AMG (Eurocharged) into the 2010 E550 (OE Tuning) no longer requires a change in driving style.
Besides, saying the car is now over 400hp at the crank is nice too

WIN ER - Thank you for posting! I'm sure this thread helped to resolve my issue and will continue to help others in similar situations.
Have a good weekend!! Enjoy life with a tuned MB!
Scott