E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Raceworks Novak coilovers installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 10:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2013 E550 coupe
Raceworks Novak coilovers installed

Just installed some coilovers. Raceworks Novak. A small company that mainly built kits for Porsche but a few years ago they expanded out. I’m highly impressed with the build quality. They perform exceedingly well. My spring rates are 10k front and 15k rear. Although they threw in an extra set of springs, 14k, which I might install in the next few days. My car is transformed and with the ultra racing strut bars, I have no doubt I can out handle a stock c63. If you’re in the market for coilovers check them out.

The following users liked this post:
crazy00c230k (12-03-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 06:52 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
Nice I just installed some bc coilovers on mine and am still playing around with the settings but it seems to have better ride than the stock suspension. Did you install cancellers for your electronic suspension? Also what do the strut bars provide?
Old 12-03-2020, 07:13 PM

2013 E550 coupe
Originally Posted by Dnasty
Nice I just installed some bc coilovers on mine and am still playing around with the settings but it seems to have better ride than the stock suspension. Did you install cancellers for your electronic suspension? Also what do the strut bars provide?
No cancellers, I’m always stuck in sport mode which is ok to me. It can shift kind of hard when I first drive off. And strut bars help tighten the steering around sharp corners. I have front, rear, and underbrace.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:52 PM

2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by PhuongNguyen
No cancellers, I’m always stuck in sport mode which is ok to me. It can shift kind of hard when I first drive off. And strut bars help tighten the steering around sharp corners. I have front, rear, and underbrace.
Yea I was thinking i'd get a number of errors or possibly limp mode when I removed the electric suspension so I ordered the cancellers...not even sure if they are coming as kw is on such a backorder. I also ordered another item that will probably help more than the cancellers which is the pedal commander I would recommend it as you can control that sensetive throttle (atleast in the 2010 model) easier and maybe save some gas in sport mode lol. I may look into the strut bars in future but it seems to be holding really well.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:58 PM

2013 E550 coupe
Interesting. Do you have a link to the pedal commanded?
Old 12-03-2020, 09:16 PM

2010 e550 coupe
Interesting. Do you have a link to the pedal commanded?
Sure https://pedalcommander.com/products/...rk_base~qj_5-5

It was on sale a few days ago when i bought it but i think if you leave it in your cart long enough they email you a coupon for the same discount... Also amazon has it but they won't ship to california for some reason. They have other brands that do similar things but I got this because it has bluetooth so I can control it from my phone and tuck it away somewhere hidden.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:15 PM

2013 E550 coupe
Sure https://pedalcommander.com/products/...rk_base~qj_5-5

It was on sale a few days ago when i bought it but i think if you leave it in your cart long enough they email you a coupon for the same discount... Also amazon has it but they won't ship to california for some reason. They have other brands that do similar things but I got this because it has bluetooth so I can control it from my phone and tuck it away somewhere hidden.
do you find the BC coilovers stiff? They have an interesting default rate, 6k front 15k rear.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:15 PM

2010 e550 coupe
do you find the BC coilovers stiff? They have an interesting default rate, 6k front 15k rear.
Not really, it’s actually much softer than the stock. The damping adjustments also make a big difference.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:30 PM

2013 E550 coupe
Not really, it’s actually much softer than the stock. The damping adjustments also make a big difference.
what adjustment are you on now? My setup is very stiff. And I’m on setting 21. I feel every bump, but I handle like a dream.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:20 PM

2010 e550 coupe
what adjustment are you on now? My setup is very stiff. And I’m on setting 21. I feel every bump, but I handle like a dream.
If 30 is the softest then I am driving on 5 which actually is not too hard in my opinion and very planted. I tried it on 25 and felt it was too soft. It is getting adjusted currently for some lowering and preload so I may adjust the damping again. I can feel most bumps but its not a harsh reaction.. a lot of the ride is related to how you set the preload though. Also because you have strut bars installed it may make the suspension more rigid.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:28 PM

2013 E550 coupe
If 30 is the softest then I am driving on 5 which actually is not too hard in my opinion and very planted. I tried it on 25 and felt it was too soft. It is getting adjusted currently for some lowering and preload so I may adjust the damping again. I can feel most bumps but its not a harsh reaction.. a lot of the ride is related to how you set the preload though. Also because you have strut bars installed it may make the suspension more rigid.
thats one thing I heard about BC. Their shocks ARENT stiff. I want shocks that can be super soft or super stiff. I have 11 more clicks ahead of where I’m at, and it’s already sports car stiff. One day I was messing around and put it on the last setting. It was so stiff that it was undriveable lol. Midway is the sweet spot but I like a little stiff. On full soft it feels like stock.

Last edited by PhuongNguyen; 12-04-2020 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:00 PM

2010 e550 coupe
thats one thing I heard about BC. Their shocks ARENT stiff. I want shocks that can be super soft or super stiff. I have 11 more clicks ahead of where I’m at, and it’s already sports car stiff. One day I was messing around and put it on the last setting. It was so stiff that it was undriveable lol. Midway is the sweet spot but I like a little stiff. On full soft it feels like stock.
They can definitely be plenty stiff as I said I’m riding on 5 and it’s extremely planted and the turning is close to a Miata. I’m making turns now I’d never try on the stock suspension. But at the same time the ride itself isn’t really compromised. Whether on hard or soft it rides better than the factory suspension. I’m actually a little bit lower than you are but I’m thinking about making some more minor tweaks again to fit it perfect for my driving style. Also just got the cancellers which worked like a charm. Now I can keep it in regular mode and with the pedal commander increase the throttle response or put on sport for wild acceleration.
Old 12-13-2020, 07:38 PM

2013 E550 coupe
They can definitely be plenty stiff as I said I’m riding on 5 and it’s extremely planted and the turning is close to a Miata. I’m making turns now I’d never try on the stock suspension. But at the same time the ride itself isn’t really compromised. Whether on hard or soft it rides better than the factory suspension. I’m actually a little bit lower than you are but I’m thinking about making some more minor tweaks again to fit it perfect for my driving style. Also just got the cancellers which worked like a charm. Now I can keep it in regular mode and with the pedal commander increase the throttle response or put on sport for wild acceleration.
which c207 do you have? Did the pedal commander make a huge difference? I have the biturbo so the response is gonna be a little slow.
Old 12-13-2020, 07:58 PM

2010 e550 coupe
which c207 do you have? Did the pedal commander make a huge difference? I have the biturbo so the response is gonna be a little slow.
I have the NA 550 engine. So without it I have a very sluggish Comfort mode or a very sensitive sport mode. This device lets me make the comfort mode more aggressive and responsive (which is my favorite setting) or I can lower the response when in sport mode so it’s more natural and not as jumpy. Or I can just put it on the highest race setting and put it in sport mode if I want the fastest acceleration. Definitely makes a big difference for me.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts
2014 S63
For some reason, BC coilovers had this rep to be stiff even when on Mid settings.
So far for some of our customers that are on BCs never had complaints about them although it could just be all about getting that perfect setting based on your driving style

***Mention You Are From The Forum For The Best Deals***
Check Out The*All NEW BD-F25

Phone: (818) 362-2300
E-Mail: Info@BlaqueDiamond.com

Click here and visit our pages
IG: @BDWheels
FB: /BlaqueDiamondWheels
Old 01-06-2021, 10:22 PM

2013 E550 coupe
What specials y’all got going for wheels?

Originally Posted by Blaque Diamond Wheels
For some reason, BC coilovers had this rep to be stiff even when on Mid settings.
So far for some of our customers that are on BCs never had complaints about them although it could just be all about getting that perfect setting based on your driving style

***Mention You Are From The Forum For The Best Deals***
Check Out The*All NEW BD-F25

Phone: (818) 362-2300
E-Mail: Info@BlaqueDiamond.com

Click here and visit our pages
IG: @BDWheels
FB: /BlaqueDiamondWheels