E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Wind Breaker Deflector Draft Stop & Drivers Seat Back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2022, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 SLK 230
Question Wind Breaker Deflector Draft Stop & Drivers Seat Back

I'm looking at a 2012 E350 Cabriolet. The price is good, the car is clean, runs great, service records. There are two problems with the car. The car belongs to the owner of the dealership. Normally I don't deal with this type of place but the car has a clean car fax and all services has been done. The sales guy said the owner won't budge on the price. He's going to ask about getting the two item/s fixed. If he comes back and says no, I'm prepared to get the items fixed or do it myself, just want ///to know what I'm getting into for $$. Any ideas or can point me in the right direction would be great. The car needs to be detailed as well. The current owner has had it for 3 years and put about 4,000 miles on it. The whole car needs to be detailed and the roof cleaned and condtioned. The market is crazy, so this guy may not budge. There aren't a lot of them around, it's a good price and my prefered color combination.

The wind breaker deflector between the back head rests is there, but the mesh is missing. I doubt it does much, but it looks dumb with nothing in it. The salesman said he didn't think anything belonged in the space. I showed him pictues, he just scratched his head and said what difference does it make. I found or think I found the part on EBay, but can't find any directions on how to install. Usually there are videos on everything. Any one know of any references? I'm not as mechanical as I used to be, but I'm fairly capable. It looks like a couple of hex bolts.
The drivers seat won't come forward to a full upright position. The salesman kept saying it looks normal. I told him it looks normal if you are a gang banger out for a low ride. I've done some research, found several posts about this, so it seems fairly common and has to do with syncronizing the seat? One post a person said they took it to an independant garage in London where they pulled out the seat out of the car and reinitialized the seat all in under an hour for $40 pounds/$30 US. I don't imagine for a minute I will find anyone who would be able to do that for $30

Wind break deflector from Ebay $139.00

If you look, you can see how the drivers seat back is not lined up with the passenged side. It won't come any further forward. Uncomfortable driving position.

Any leads or point me at a thread or video I'd be very greatful. My 99 SLK has been in the shop for 9 months. The hydraulic rams on the vario roof failed and the mechanic is doing it as a side job. He said it would take time, but didn't say eight months. I'm going to seel that when I get it back.

Old 04-17-2022, 01:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A207 E250
The mesh does obscure a little the rearward vision so presumably the mesh was removed to improve vision. Now, if the mesh did nothing MB would not have installed it. Certainly, on a 2015 you can raise it especially with the roof down so it must help with less buffeting.
Old 04-17-2022, 06:53 AM

1999 SLK 230
Originally Posted by PaulTee
The mesh does obscure a little the rearward vision so presumably the mesh was removed to improve vision. Now, if the mesh did nothing MB would not have installed it. Certainly, on a 2015 you can raise it especially with the roof down so it must help with less buffeting.
The mesh and the rear head rests retract when the top is down. Can raise or lower the three of them. with a button on the console. The head rests also act as rollover protection. There is an air dam across the front windshield that can be raised as well to reduce buffeting and noise. Mainly is look stupid without it.
Old 04-17-2022, 07:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 E550 Cabriolet
Check this thread, it will give you a lot of the info you’re looking for to repair/replace the wind blocker (which is functional).

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...placement.html
Old 04-17-2022, 04:46 PM

1999 SLK 230
Originally Posted by damaro
Check this thread, it will give you a lot of the info you’re looking for to repair/replace the wind blocker (which is functional).

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...placement.html
Thank you!
Old 04-19-2022, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 216 Likes on 190 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 Arriving soon. 24 GLE 450e.
Originally Posted by SeanGarrity
The mesh and the rear head rests retract when the top is down. Can raise or lower the three of them. with a button on the console. The head rests also act as rollover protection. There is an air dam across the front windshield that can be raised as well to reduce buffeting and noise. Mainly is look stupid without it.
The seat is not safe if you can’t get a good position.