E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Trunk not lifting past two inches when popped open. Is it normal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2023, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350
Trunk not lifting past two inches when popped open. Is it normal?

Hi All,

With my 2013 C207 convertible, when popping the trunk open by remote or by the button inside my car, the trunk does open, but barely. Like an inch or two. I’m just curious if there’s a problem with the trunk list supports or the torsion springs, Or, is this normal with the car?

When I pop the trunk in my daughter’s 2012 C250 hers opens up to full open.

TY in advance.
Old 02-13-2023, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,683 Likes on 2,448 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
failed trunk-pull module?

If your trunk uses a lift and close feature, it is not working.
  1. You can scan for fault codes
  2. You can check trunk lid fuses
  3. You can fix/replace trunk control module

What is your current mileage?
Old 02-13-2023, 11:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 E350 Cab
Originally Posted by HBBMSL3
Hi All,

With my 2013 C207 convertible, when popping the trunk open by remote or by the button inside my car, the trunk does open, but barely. Like an inch or two. I’m just curious if there’s a problem with the trunk list supports or the torsion springs, Or, is this normal with the car?

When I pop the trunk in my daughter’s 2012 C250 hers opens up to full open.

TY in advance.
My 2015 E350 Cab is the same, (it's not an electric trunk but a manual one) if I use the button on the remove it pops the trunk open an inch or so if I use the button on the drivers door it opens higher and sometimes even opens the trunk fully. I believe you have adjust each side to the truck arm to increase the tension (maybe not the best technical description) saw a video on Youtube about it
Old 02-13-2023, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,683 Likes on 2,448 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
adjust + lube

Originally Posted by hotbaws
My 2015 E350 Cab is the same, (it's not an electric trunk but a manual one) if I use the button on the remove it pops the trunk open an inch or so if I use the button on the drivers door it opens higher and sometimes even opens the trunk fully. I believe you have adjust each side to the truck arm to increase the tension (maybe not the best technical description) saw a video on Youtube about it
Yes if the trunk lid only uses springs and no open/close motorized module, then adjust each spring tighter so it carries more weight. (!! The two large trunk springs can be dangerous as similar to overhead garage door springs!)

Eventually spray a little silicone lub on hinges pins and friction surfaces used to slow down lid as it opens.

When done right the trunk lid is weightlessly light.
The following users liked this post:
hotbaws (03-19-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a207
Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver
Yes if the trunk lid only uses springs and no open/close motorized module, then adjust each spring tighter so it carries more weight. (!! The two large trunk springs can be dangerous as similar to overhead garage door springs!)

Eventually spray a little silicone lub on hinges pins and friction surfaces used to slow down lid as it opens.

When done right the trunk lid is weightlessly light.

this worked on mine.......