E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My first year of ownership. 2013 e350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2023, 11:23 AM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Mercedes e350 coupe
My first year of ownership. 2013 e350

Yup...it's been nearly one year since purchasing my car, and I've had very few issues. This is our only car here in Florida (Iowa car is a 2020 BMW740..the big suv). I've put nearly 2500 miles on the Mercedes since purchase..all very short distances ( I know..not good), hence the low miles (65k). And, natch, I've read every posting on this forum since day one. Proudly, I have never had a more reliable car! Aside from some power seat issues, I've had no problems. My previous daily driver was a 2005 MINI Cooper S (purchased new). I do no wrenching myself, and the MINI was costing me nearly $5k/year to keep in decent condition. This Mercedes has only cost me a few dollars in tips to the service advisor. Amazing. And thankfully I have no start up rattle! haha. My husband complains that it is quite a difficult car to enter/exit. Oh well.

Likes/ Dislikes.

I still love the body shape (especially pre-facelift.
The v6 had plenty of power for me.
The MB Tex is very durable.
Plenty of trunk space.
I have had issues with the steering wheel not lowering..easy fix.
I do wish that the oil dip stick was more accessible.
This is a tough body to weekly wash, as the body panels are curved inward.
I've gotten used to the lack of headroom (compared to my MINI of 17 years).
Fuel economy is about the same as the MINI.
The Mercedes has a killer a/c..but I would like the fan increments tweaked.
I am quite impressed with the flat handling..and the exhaust note.
The car is well balanced, as visibility is just fine.
The AMG wheels are divine, as I can reach my hand between the spokes and clean the inner wheel weekly.
I still am clueless on the computer features... I'm have read the manual twice whilst stoned. I just leave it on NAV.
I'd buy this car again...in a heartbeat. I will keep it for quite a while.

Mostly,

Thanks for this forum.

Best,

Mark

The following 2 users liked this post by Snarla:
chassis (07-07-2023), RealDonn (07-05-2023)
Old 07-04-2023, 05:21 PM

Received 175 Likes on 149 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
I had that exact same car and I bought an RV "worshin stick" for it. Basically a brush on an extension pole for RV's, which I simply never extend. Got it at Walmart. I was just after the brush onna stick, but not any brush, a brush that won't scratch paint. Works awesome. I blast the car with the hose, then squirt some soap on the brush and do the top surfaces, then the very bottom edges all around and blast the brush clean. Resoap brush, do all the side surfaces, then wheels, done.
Rinse with the hose to get the soap off, then rinse with RODI water to get the nasty tap water off for a spot free rinse because I can't stand drying a car by hand. Can't stand washing with a mitt/sponge or whatever either, hence the brush which covers so much more area in a fraction of the time. Might give it a try, maybe the super RODI water too.

I don't recall the oil dipstick being difficult to reach. Or do you mean the hood is in the way? The hood can open all the way to vertical and out of your way. Most people don't know it can go that far, they just open it half way and assume that's it.
The dipstick on mine would magically read different when you first pull it out vs 2nd time. So after the car sat for a while, many hours or overnight, I'd pull the dipstick and it's dry. Well, not dry dry, but clearly wasn't sitting in oil. Reinsert/remove, now half dripping wet in oil. I was never able to figure out how this is possible, but I did it over and over again, including showing friends to be sure I wasn't crazy. It did need to sit for a while, so an hour or two is not cutting it. Best to let it sit overnight.
The following users liked this post:
Snarla (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 07:29 AM

Mercedes e350 coupe
So many thanks!

I will be ordering a worshin stick today!

Best,

Mark

ps. It just seems that the dip stick is located in a too tight area of the engine compartment on the back of the motor. I like to check it weekly. Just a small complaint. And I will double check the stick next time..
Old 07-05-2023, 08:43 AM

Received 145 Likes on 120 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
OP, regarding your statement, "The Mercedes has a killer a/c..but I would like the fan increments tweaked", do you not use the Auto button and let it adjust as appropriate based on temperature?
Old 07-05-2023, 09:07 AM

Mercedes e350 coupe
Hi Mr. Toad,

Sure I use the auto button. I just find the interior fan blows quite strong on high speed...and much less strong on the next slower speed... and slower yet when notching the switch down one bump. High speed is just too much air. The fan speed increments should be closer together. A small complaint. A lovely car.

Best,

Mark
Old 07-05-2023, 09:43 AM

Received 145 Likes on 120 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
It blows very strong at top speed because it's designed to move the largest volume of air possible over the cooling coils when the interior is very hot. As the cabin temp starts to drop, the computer automatically begins to reduce the fan speed.
Old 07-05-2023, 10:23 AM

Mercedes e350 coupe

My child.
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Toad (07-05-2023)
Old 07-06-2023, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 257 Likes on 228 Posts
2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2008 ML550 4Matic; 2004 C320
Originally Posted by Snarla

My child.