E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

2022 release date E450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 07:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
none
You guys are scaring me.

> Where are you that dealer has to register the car? That doesn’t make any sense.

The car is being leased so the dealer has to register the car. I live in RI and bought the car in MA, so they have to do an out of state registration. Apparently the process is, they take the reg to the RI DMV and drop it off with the "Dealer room". They take care of it at their leisure and call the dealer when it's ready.

> Previous post states trunk only.

Yes I know that. Apparently things have deteriorated in the meantime.
Old 11-17-2021, 07:35 PM

none
Originally Posted by jester1
I asked the dealer if the cars he's gotten in recently have the Hermes module in & he said yes.
I think Mercedes must be installing the current models with the limited number of Hermes modules,& the coupe/cabriolet retrofits will stay on the back burner until there is a surplus of chips again.Doesn't seem right but there it is.
If they have the modules, it makes the most financial sense to put them in cars in the factory. It costs too much to retrofit them so reducing the number of cars in the field that need retrofit is the number one priority. Not the poor SOBs who have cars with no module. We'll get our retrofits when they have more than enough supply to build new cars.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:38 AM

none
Got it. picked up my E450 Coupe yesterday. (Haven’t been rear ended yet but the day is young.)

everything seems to be good.

I was a little surprised that you have to shut off Eco Start/Stop every time you start the car but I can live with it.

so far I’m happy and relieved. 7 months of stress.

thoughts so far.

1 I like the sound of the Burmeister stereo
2 the head up display is nice, but I’m used to having different info up there in my Mazda. I’ll get used to it. It disappears as soon as I put on my sunglasses. (Maui Jim’s). The one in my Mazda doesn’t do that, but it is different technology and I expected it.
3 having car controls on the left side of the steering wheel and radio/entertainment on the right side is totally logical. And completely backwards from every other car I’ve driven. A bit confusing. I’ll get used to it.
4 I find it really odd that my profile is not associated to my key. You would think two drivers would be auto configured based on which key is in the drivers seat. Like every Acura I’ve ever driven. It’s weird that I have to press the seat memory button when I get in if my wife has driven the car.
5 one small initial defect. The drivers vanity mirror light was not working. Dealer sorted it out
6 the heated steering wheel is not as fast or as warm as my Mazda. But it gets the job done.
7 rapid heating seats (Warmth and Comfort Package) are faster and better than any car I’ve ever owned.
8 even though Hermès Communications module is missing, Navigation still works. That surprised me. I figured the GPS would be in the comm module and the car wouldn’t know where it was. But it worked flawlessly to get me out of Boston.

Herb Chambers Mercedes of Boston was a good dealership to do business with. Recommended. They ordered the car, kept me informed (even of the bad news), and didn’t try to screw me on the price. We agreed to MSRP when I ordered, not knowing what that number would be. It was only about $1100 more than the 21, but that’s all they charged was MSRP.

I got every feature I ordered except Augmented Video for Navigation and the HANDSFREE ACCESS to the trunk. Most cars they are getting are missing so many standard features and so many options are un-orderable that they are hardly luxury cars any more. They mostly have S Class in stock. Everything else is hard to come by. Every car in the showroom now is marked up by $5000 to $10000.
The following users liked this post:
TennesseeZ4 (11-28-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 09:00 AM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 mercedes GLE 43 coupe
I still have to figure out how to get the speed limit sign info into the heads-up display.

and get the odometer reading to show on the dashboard display
Old 11-28-2021, 10:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,654 Likes on 2,257 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by jester1
I still have to figure out how to get the speed limit sign info into the heads-up display.

and get the odometer reading to show on the dashboard display
Were you able to figure it out? If you haven't then don't stress to much about it, it is not that difficult.

All you need to do is tap the back arrow key or home key on the left side of the steering wheel, a menu will pop up if you scroll, you will find (Assistance, Phone, Navigation, Trip, Radio, Media, Designs & Disp., Service), use the four direction arrows to scroll to Trip, press ok located on the right side of the steering wheel then you can (tap it to display odometer, if it displays your trip instead, you can then swipe up and down using the four direction arrows until you find your odometer. If you haven't notice, when you have the trip screen open the head-up display menu pops up, instead of pressing ok to select trip, you may scroll up to open the head-up display menu. You can then choose to display different styles and the height of the head-up display (HUD).

Alternatively, you can find these settings in the car's infotainment screen. It is located in the assistance menu.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

If you are still stuck, please refer to your user manual page 232.
Forgot to mention, the functions and steps to display the odometer is somewhat different depending on the display theme/style you are currently set to. You had understated, sport, classic to choose from for example.
Old 11-28-2021, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 270 Likes on 184 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
I’ve never figured out why MB thinks it’s a benefit to hide the odometer. It should show no matter how I configure the displays. End of first world rant.
Old 11-28-2021, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 236 Likes on 204 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 . 24 GLE 450e.
Originally Posted by Mikey53
I’ve never figured out why MB thinks it’s a benefit to hide the odometer. It should show no matter how I configure the displays. End of first world rant.
They give you the option of showing the odometer or not showing it, and you’re complaining?
Old 11-28-2021, 04:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

It is honestly not that big of a deal, as when they hide the odometer, you can display something else like the current speed in big clear font if you don't want to look at the speedometer on the left. Otherwise when you turn off the vehicle, the odometer usually appears especially once you open the door and close it again.
Edit: Not to mention you can easily switch back to the odometer view if you want to.

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 11-28-2021 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-28-2021, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Elvisfan0108
They give you the option of showing the odometer or not showing it, and you’re complaining?
Yes, actually.
Old 11-28-2021, 04:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Yes, actually.
I see, no worries. In that case, I guess just set it back to the odometer screen and never change it again. That setting will stick next time you drive anyways.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:53 PM

none
Does anyone know who the difference is supposed to be on the Trip display (center display of the dashboard) between "since last start" and "since last reset"?

They seem self explanatory and yet only "since last reset" seems to work like I would expect. I reset it by holding the OK button and from then on it counts miles and hours: minutes unless I reset it again.

I would have thought that Since Last Start would reset these values when I start the car, but it doesn't. They only restart when I reset them, the same way as with Since Reset. Both displays seem to do the exact same thing.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by gmt58
Does anyone know who the difference is supposed to be on the Trip display (center display of the dashboard) between "since last start" and "since last reset"?

They seem self explanatory and yet only "since last reset" seems to work like I would expect. I reset it by holding the OK button and from then on it counts miles and hours: minutes unless I reset it again.

I would have thought that Since Last Start would reset these values when I start the car, but it doesn't. They only restart when I reset them, the same way as with Since Reset. Both displays seem to do the exact same thing.
Last start resets after about 4 hours of of engine off. I use it for Since start of day myself. I don’t know if that’s configurable. I use it to determine what I have driven each day. I use the Since reset for longer trips. I use the odometer with tripodometer for Since last fill up.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:11 AM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 mercedes GLE 43 coupe
Since last reset-if you have a car 3 years & never touch the that reset button, the mileage shown will match your odometer.

And the mpg shown will be the average mpg over the life of your car.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:17 PM

none
Originally Posted by Elvisfan0108
Last start resets after about 4 hours of of engine off. I use it for Since start of day myself. I don’t know if that’s configurable. I use it to determine what I have driven each day. I use the Since reset for longer trips. I use the odometer with tripodometer for Since last fill up.
Ahhh. That makes some sense. I'll have to look at it tonight.

Too late for not hitting reset, I already did it. Although I'm only a couple of hundred miles in, so that's pretty close.

Thanks
Elvisfan0108 (11-30-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Update Stardate 12473: Build moved UP to December 21 with delivery in Jan 22. The only “delete” currently showing is D9B. Credit for missing standard hands free access.
Just found out car is in production now! Still only missing the hands free trunk opening from standard equipment. Optional augmented video was deleted from the build. MultiContour seats made it based on the build sheet.

Should have a VIN next week.

Last edited by Mikey53; 12-02-2021 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:55 AM

none
Still only missing the hands free trunk opening from standard equipment. Optional augmented video was deleted from the build. MultiContour seats made it based on the build sheet.
What other options did you order?
Old 12-03-2021, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What other options did you order?
driver assistance package
exterior lighting package
night package
AMG styling
multicontour front seats
ventilated front seats
rear window sunshade
illuminated door sills
deck spoiler
natural grain black ash wood
Patagonia Red
black leather
Old 12-03-2021, 12:12 PM

none
Sounds beautiful. I hope it's everything you hope it will be.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sounds beautiful. I hope it's everything you hope it will be.
At this point I’m just hoping the boat doesn’t sink crossing the pond!
Old 12-14-2021, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just found out car is in production now! Still only missing the hands free trunk opening from standard equipment. Optional augmented video was deleted from the build. MultiContour seats made it based on the build sheet.

Should have a VIN next week.
VIN received today. I might actually get a car! Lol
The following 2 users liked this post by Mikey53:
TennesseeZ4 (12-17-2021), TorElements (12-19-2021)
Old 12-23-2021, 09:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 Mercedes E450 coupe
I believe the engine specs shown are incorrect.

2021 changed to the new I6 turbo engine. No more V6's.

Silky smooth. Tuned mine to 442HP and 459 torque.

Fun, smooth, planted (20" rims) and beautiful interior.

My best Benz yet. The E53 only came with black interior. Too hot for where I live.
Old 12-24-2021, 11:01 AM

none
E450 4Matic Coupe one month in.

After driving for a month the car has been very nice. No issues have surfaced in the car. All systems working fine. I am very happy with my purchase. (Probably cursing myself by saying so.)

Minor notes.
Downsides
1) had to disable Active Steering Assist. It keeps thinking I died behind the wheel and threatening to take over. I'd rather drive myself anyway.
2) My Head-up Display works well, but when I step on the gas, it dips down the windscreen and then pops back up when the car is up to speed. Seems like it's balanced on a spindle. Seems like it should be locked to the spindle somehow, but I don't know anyone else with a Head-up display so I have no reference. I'm not driving back to the dealer just for that, although my salesman offered to make an appointment for me to get it looked at. I just don't feel like driving into Boston and waiting hours just be be told that's the way it's supposed to be.
2) Had some issues with playing music from a USB. Finding a native USB C flash drive is still somewhat difficult. Using a USB A to USB C adapter worked, but every time I got in the car it forgot what I was listening to and went back to the first song on the USB. Finally resolved by buying a Samsung USB A/C flash drive with a read speed of 300MB. This one in case anyone cares.

Amazon Amazon

Now it always picks up immediately where I left off.

3) Hey Mercedes is never as good as it appears in the demos, but it's functional.
4) Still hoping to get my Hermes Module sooner rather than later. Not holding my breath.

Things I like
1) My wife and I love the high beam effect where when the high beams come on, they open up a curtain of light from the center of the road outwards.
2) I love the seat belt adjustment that gives me a hug every time I get in the car.
3) I love my heated steering wheel and warmth and comfort package. I'm sure in the spring I'll love the panoramic roof, but right now, warmth and comfort is key.
4) The Burmeister stereo is very nice, but you have to enable the Burmeister sound to get it to really sound nice. The default setting is decent but hardly outstanding.
5) I love that the center console is big enough to fit a whole box of Kleenex. (The square boxes, not the rectangular boxes.) It's a silly thing but it makes a difference to me.
6) Bluetooth audio from my iPhone works better than in any other car I've owned. It plays on my Mazda, but I have to use the phone to choose music, whereas in the Mercedes I can long press the Speak button on the steering wheel and talk directly to Siri to choose music with the phone still in my pocket. Between the Bluetooth music and the decent nav system, I haven't had to use Apple CarPlay at all. I thought I would be using it a lot.
7) I generally hate Auto On/Off engines. But I have to admit that the Auto on/off is so smooth and seamless that when I forget to disable it upon starting the car, I usually don't even notice it's happening. Kudo's to Mercedes for getting that feature better than any other car I've seen.

I wish -
1) I wish the Speed Limit detection could be set to allow me to drive more than 5MPH over the speed limit without flashing the speed limit at me. My standard speed is about 10MPH over.
2) I wish the sensitivity of the Active Steering Assist could be set to less, or that it detected that my hands were on the wheel (capacitve touch or something) rather than only detecting if I steer the car. With ACS doing the steering, my inputs are not enough to convince it I'm still alive. And I'm not about to drive down the road randomly jerking the wheel to keep it off my back.
3) I wish the doors were lighter. They are long and heavy. And the stops are not strong enough. Push it open and it comes back to try and cut your leg off.
4) I wish it was easier to get in the back seat. Not that I've carried any passengers, but if I wanted to, getting in and out is a bit tight. (Better if I or my friends were younger).
5) I wish the Emerald Green Metallic color was bit lighter. You can really only see the color in good light. Otherwise it looks black. Great though if you like a black Mercedes but want it to be a bit distinctive from everyone else's black Mercedes.
6) It makes perfect sense that driving controls are on the left side of the steering wheel, and entertainment controls on the right, but I wish they were the reverse, just because that's how every other car I've driven does it and I'm trained.
7) I wish the switch for the heated steering wheel wasn't in such an inconvenient place. It's hard to turn on and off and impossible to see the little red light that tells you the status. I probably should just use voice command.
8) I wish the profile could be associated with a Key Fob. That way when I get in, it would recognize me and when my wife gets in, it would recognize her. Every other car in the world does that.
Old 12-24-2021, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I ignore the occasional pop ups from ASA. They only stay on for a second or 2.
The HUD should be stable.
The auto on off is better thanks to the hybrid type system.
I took the speed limit off the HUD. That way the flashing on the dash doesn’t bother me. In certain modes, the speed limit shows up 3 different places.
The profile attached to the FOB would be nice. My wife’s Acura does that. I get my seat position, my stations and my colors and she gets hers. She doesn’t drive my car, so it’s not that big a deal.
I wish the shifter was in a different place. I went to wash the windshield and pressed the park. I was doing 70. Fortunately the car was smart enough not to do it.
Old 12-29-2021, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

VIN received today. I might actually get a car! Lol
Car is built. The only credit showing is for the hands free trunk opening which is not a big deal to me. Waiting it’s turn to get on a boat. Could be a few days, could be a few weeks. Did I mention I’m not very good at being patient? Lol

Dealer checks status daily.
TennesseeZ4 (12-29-2021)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2022 release date E450